PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest: Awesome or Brilliant?

Mary M
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I just rode Expedition Everest for the first time this weekend. I needed to come here and geek out about it.

I think it's the best coaster on property, and the best coaster I've ever ridden (and this includes Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris, which held the title for the past 10 years).

Don't you think?

RockinRollerMom
05-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I have to agree that EE is awesome!:thumbsup: I do think that RockinRollerCoaster is better just by a smidge. We must ride both multiple times when we are there! :mickey:

disneyjo46
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Can't wait to ride EE! Last time we were there it was just about to open, but not soon enough for us. We will be there 10/31-11/09. How is the "drop"?
I am a bit of a chicken, but I love all the other coasters, especially Rockin Roller Coaster!! Can I handle EE??

Mary M
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Can't wait to ride EE! Last time we were there it was just about to open, but not soon enough for us. We will be there 10/31-11/09. How is the "drop"?
I am a bit of a chicken, but I love all the other coasters, especially Rockin Roller Coaster!! Can I handle EE??

Oh absolutely. I'm a bit of a drop wimp myself, and I had no problem with the drop. It's stuck in the middle of a bunch of other stuff so it's just part of the action.

If you love RRC, you will absolutely adore EE.

RockinRollerMom
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I think you should be fine on EE. The drop isn't too bad. I think that RRC and maybe even SpaceMountain is bigger. The drop is pretty similar to the one on Splash. You'll have a blast. :thumbsup:

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I have to agree that EE is awesome!:thumbsup: I do think that RockinRollerCoaster is better just by a smidge. We must ride both multiple times when we are there! :mickey:

:ditto:

I love EE too but I wish it were just a bit longer. There is just something exhilerating about riding a coaster with Aerosmith blaring in your ears!!!

brewcrew26
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not a big roller coaster fan, but I couldn't not ride when we were there. I was amazed at how fun it was!

I was absolutely taken away (literally, I had a dry mouth at the end) by the views (we sat in the front row). You should definitely ask a CM if you can sit in the front! You can see so much from the top right before you go backwards!!

I barely caught a glimpse of the Yeti because I was huddled next to DH. But, I'd definitely go on it again in a heartbeat and I won't ride RnR and have only ridden SM twice in my life.

SoaringDisney
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
:coaster: AWESOME!!! and brilliant. I loved it. I am typically not a big thrill ride rider, but was extremely happy that I didn't pass up the chance to ride EE.

MushuGrl
05-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm not a big coaster fan...BUT I LOVE EE!!!!!

I have a new goal to NOT duck when I see the Yeti. It's freakin HARD!

And for those that are scared of drops (like me) - I had my eyes closed and didn't even know we'd DONE it until we flew back up into the mountain!

katzctkpt
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM

:ditto:

I love EE too but I wish it were just a bit longer. There is just something exhilerating about riding a coaster with Aerosmith blaring in your ears!!!

:coaster:Couldn't have said it any better!! Aerosmith is #1, with EE #2 .

SBETigg
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I love EE, and I definitely think it's the best coaster on property, maybe anywhere. The theming blows me away. It's brilliant. Awesome. Amazing!

I don't mind RnRC but it seems too short to me with not much going on by way of theming. There is theming, yes, and a little story line but it's just not as imaginative or as complete an immersive experience to me as EE.

disneyjo46
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
WOW!!!! Now I really can't wait for our next trip!!
I will definitely go for it. Now if we could just get those pesky Nov. park hours!!!

#1donaldfan
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
We love it !!!! EE has a great theme and ride thrill.......RRC has to be tops at Disney though, it's just so "fast n furious".......I have to ride both, can't imagine a trip without them.....:mickey:

Ian
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Huh ... the best coaster ever? Maybe if you're not a big coaster fan?

E:E is a good Disney coaster, but from a true coaster enthusiast perspective it's middle-of-the-road at best. I agree with the folks who said they like RRC a little bit better. It's certainly a bigger thrill.

The theming is good, but I found the Yeti a little bit of a letdown after all the hype (you hardly see him).

DisneyWizard
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
EE is a great coaster - I thought the theming and the design were amazing.

RnRc was a little short and the theming to me is just cardboard cutouts. Still fun, but not as exciting.

Mary M
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Oh I'm certainly an amateur when it comes to coaster fanaticism. I live near Six Flags Great America, and I haven't even ridden all the coasters there.

But I really, really liked E:E. :D

Stich8818
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
While I am a huuge fan of Aerosmith (and yes I am preordered Aerosmith Guitar Hero) and love RnR Coaster. But both are diffrent as other posters have said. RnR Coaster is like the "extreme thrill" and some theming. While EE has a great story,theming and the thrills. But If I had to go to one first it would be EE.
And to answer the original question... Brilliant

DisFan01
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
The theming is good, but I found the Yeti a little bit of a letdown after all the hype (you hardly see him).

Yes, but isn't that the point? ;)

LudwigVonDrake
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Everest is AWESOME! :number1:

joonyer
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Sure there are taller, faster and longer roller coasters in other parks in other places. But for a themed attraction, Id' say EE is Awesome AND Brilliant. It's got the Disney magic.

kelly.garrett
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
EE is brilliant. Behind ToT, it's my favorite ride at Disney. The theming is excellent and I love a ride with an interesting queue. I rarely look forward to waiting, but the Yeti Museum is well done. It really gets me in the mood for the ride.

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes. From entering the line to buying another EE T-Shirt at the end! The experience is amazing!!:mickey:

stitch34
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I was absolutely taken away (literally, I had a dry mouth at the end) by the views (we sat in the front row). You should definitely ask a CM if you can sit in the front! You can see so much from the top right before you go backwards!!

I agree!!!. Sitting in the front row is a MUST for that view. It's Amazing!!!:cloud9::notworth::notworth::yay:

kdsjjb
05-06-2008, 07:28 PM

I agree, Ian. EE is a great Disney coaster, I actually enjoy it a bit more than RnRc. But speaking as a coaster junkie, I dont even think that EE is the best coaster in Central Florida :secret: , let alone anywhere.

rkwctw
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I love EE, but I agree with some of the other posters, that RnR is a smidge better. Seeing the Yeti was cool and so is walking through the expedition building while waiting in line. We will be there in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

xoHelloKittyox
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I was a bit nervous to post my thoughts about EE til I saw that a few others feel the same way that I do.

I LOVE the concept for the ride and all the details that are put into it. It LOOKS absolutly AMAZING! buuuuuuuut. it feels kind of like a kiddy coaster to me with a few more thrills. It kind of reminds me of the Nordstrom in Norway at EPCOT.
I mean I did like it, dont get me wrong. But I think that I was expecting ALOT more out of it from all the hype that was given before it opened. :shrug:

I agree with whom ever said that they liked Rockin Rollercoaster!!! I rode that like five times in a row! :thumbsup:

Lightning McQueen
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM

E:E is a good Disney coaster, but from a true coaster enthusiast perspective it's middle-of-the-road at best. I agree with the folks who said they like RRC a little bit better. It's certainly a bigger thrill.

I see where both are coming from. I would consider myself a "coaster enthusiast." Some on my resume include Titan, Mr. Freeze, Steel Eel, Great White, Apollo's Chariot, Griffon and Alpengeist. I love them all but would still be comfortable saying that for me, Everest is "better" all things considered. It wouldn't be fair to not consider all that comes along with Everest and just compare ride frames.

EditReject
05-20-2008, 10:20 PM

Here here. While I love EE, it is a great "themed" coaster and should probably be classified as so. While some coaster enthusiasists may downplay it, you cannot deny it is a lot of fun and the experience is pure Disney.

If you want to check out some serious coasters, Cedar Point is the place or if you are daring enough, Kingda Ka at Six Flags-Great Adventure

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Seeing the Yeti at the end - WOW :thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

tjstrike
05-24-2008, 01:32 AM
EE is awesome but the thing that got me is how smooth it is.

The only thing that (in my opinion) makes RnR better than EE is the take off !!