PDA

View Full Version : Our final dining selections

KAT1811
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Well, DH and I just finished selecting our dining for our November trip. :eat: This was our first time planning a trip together :hug: . I usually do it alone but DH has become as addicted to WDW as I and really wanted to give his input for this next vacation :director: (LOL! It really has been fun planning together, looking :look: at all of the menus together. DH works very long hours, 85+ hours a week :faint: during our busy season so it has been great spending time together planning a vacation where we can all be together 24/7. By the end of the season we all need it! The joys of owning your own business )! I came home from the market one afternoon to find him watching a Travel Channel special on WDW. He couldn't tear himself away from it! :tv: Well this is what we ended up with. Quite a change from what I had originally thought but I think we did just fine :high5: . We have a few first visits on our trip this year. Thank you all in advance for your feedback, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your thoughts and comments. :thanks:

**The resturants that are in pink are a first visit for us and I am particularly interested in your feedback on those.

Arrive Friday 11/7 - Arriving at the Grand Floridian late, no dinner plans, just check in and off to dream land!

Saturday 11/8 - Pool day. Dinner at Narcoossee's.

Sunday 11/9 - DD#3's second birthday!!! Day at Epcot. Dinner at Chefs de France.

Monday 11/10 - Animal Kingdom in the morning, pool in the afternoon. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Tuesday 11/11 - DD#2's fourth birthday!!! Day at Magic Kingdom. Breakfast at Crystal Palace and then off to the BBB!!!

Wednesday 11/12 - Water Park (most likely Blizzard Beach). Citrico's for dinner.

Thursday 11/13 - Day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Dinner at California Grill.

Friday 11/14 - Day at Epcot. Dinner at Le Cellier. (We wanted to try Yachtsman Steakhouse but decided it was easier to stay in the park and I also heard that the meats are the same at both eateries, why go out of our way for the same thing?)

Saturday 11/15 - Pool day. Dinner at 'Ohana. Then maybe go over to FW for the campfire.

Sunday 11/16 - Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe Get a late start at the Magic Kingdom. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at night.

Monday 11/17 - Day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Tuesday 11/18 - Pool day. Depart WDW late afternoon/early evening.

tinksmom02
05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't have any advice for you, I think your plans sound great! I just wanted to say that I'm jealous that your DH has helped you with the planning of your trip!!

KAT1811
05-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't have any advice for you, I think your plans sound great! I just wanted to say that I'm jealous that your DH has helped you with the planning of your trip!!

To tell you the truth I was very surprised, I never thought he was that interested in the "details". Don't give up hope yet, you never know when he'll surprise you!

:thanks:

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I am the husband and I have to say that I find almost as much joy in planning the trip as I do on the trip itself. Of course, the most depressing time for me is when the trip is over. However, then there is recapping the trip and beginning the planning of the next trip!!:thumbsup:

Your plans sound great! Have a wonderful time!

Natazu
05-05-2008, 03:26 AM
I think you've come up with a superb list of restaurants. Enjoy!

SBETigg
05-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Excellent plan! Enjoy. I'm already excited for you and eagerly awaiting the trip reports. :thumbsup:

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I am the husband and I have to say that I find almost as much joy in planning the trip as I do on the trip itself. Of course, the most depressing time for me is when the trip is over. However, then there is recapping the trip and beginning the planning of the next trip!!:thumbsup:

Your plans sound great! Have a wonderful time!

I think that my husband is finally figuring out why I enjoy the planning stage of the trip so much. I too find almost as much joy in the planning portion of the trip as I do in the actual execution.

I think you've come up with a superb list of restaurants. Enjoy!

Quite the complement from you Jym!

:thanks:

luvdiznee
05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Of the places we've eaten at. We had a wonderful meal at Narcoossee's. It is one of our favorites. You won't be disappointed! 1900 Pk Fare was good for us too. And I hear the lemon cheesecake at Citrico's is a good desert. We haven't eaten there yet, but this is what I hear. Loved LeCellier and Yachtsman was just OK, for US. Last time dinner at Ohana' was good for us. Hoping for the same experience as well when we go in September. WCC has always been a good experience for us. Haven't had breakfast at GF Cafe' but plan to do that in Sept as well. But it sounds like you got some good choices. Enjoy!:mickey:

cal5755
05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Your ADR's sound YUMMY!! I can't comment on your restaurants in pink as we have never been but we did LOVE the MVMCP!! I loved the parade..especially when the gingerbread men came by and the smell of gingerbread hung in the air!! Of course snow on Main Street was really cool and the Castle in all the lights was breathtaking.

Great that you and DH planned together... I agree that it brings just as much joy to plan the vacation. The kids usually get into the planning making sure we include their favorite places. My DH on the other hand will say... "I want to go to Captain Jacks and Crystal Palace" and that is the extent of his planning.

Have a wonderful trip!!

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
The kids usually get into the planning making sure we include their favorite places.

DD#1 is 11 and she usually gets into the planning too but this trip is a complete surprise. Actually the only two that know about it is DH and I. We are planning on telling them when we arrive at the airport. I feel so guilty when people ask if we are planning any trips this year. :blush: But it is sort of fun to have something that DH and I only share. :cloud9:

Septbride2002
05-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Your dining selections look great! you are going to have a great time.

~Amanda