PDA

View Full Version : Favorite snacks in World Showcase

Momto3littlemice
05-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi,

We would like to sample some more of the world showcase cuisine in a casual way. So, we are discussing a "counter service" type idea for a light lunch someday.

What is your favorite spot to grab a sandwich or pastry around world showcase?

Nini
05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
The first thing to come to mind is the baklava in Morocco. My husband and I both love it!

We also always get one of the sweet pretzels in Norway.

And, the funnel cakes just outside the American Adventure are really good.

I guess we like the sweet stuff! :tasty:

Denise :mickey:

Speedy1998
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
School Bread in Norway.
Funnel Cake in America
Wine flight in France (ok so this is not a snack but I like it anyway)
Maple Candy in Canadian gift shop.

tundramom
05-04-2008, 09:14 PM
The bakery in France
Churros at Mexico
Shaved Ice in Japan

McGoofy
05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
We like to try different things each time we go to WDW, but one "must always do" for us is to grab a pastry from the pastry shop (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2516271740101825575eOIBxg)in France. Doesn't that photo make your mouth water???:mickey:

Nini
05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
McGoofy that is just cruel ! People, don't look at that picture!!! :stop::razz:

McGoofy
05-04-2008, 10:25 PM

:rotfl:

Nini, no cruelty intended. I'm druelling too, as I am 400 miles away from being able to order something from that pastry shop!!;)

BigThunderFan
05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
It has to be the crepes in the little shop in France! We went into the bakery looking for them and were so disappointed they didn't have any (we found other amazing things don't worry), but ran across the crepes stand on our way out of France.

Natazu
05-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Kringla at Norway is really good; Sommerfest has great beer & brats. Yorkshire's fish an chips is a great taste of England. Kaki Gori in Japan can really cool you down & the chocolate wine pairing in Italy can't be beat.

AdventurerKim
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I love Le Patisserie in France for pastries, and they have a few sandwiches.

Kringla is great, as is the cafe in Japan and China.

I'm hungry just thinking about all of this great food! :mickey:

Gator
05-05-2008, 06:47 PM
If you're a chocolate lover, you need to go to the snack shop in Germany. I always have a little something from there. Last time, it was a dark chocolate square with gooey marshmellow inside. It was soooooooo good.

Nini
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
If you're a chocolate lover, you need to go to the snack shop in Germany. I always have a little something from there. Last time, it was a dark chocolate square with gooey marshmellow inside. It was soooooooo good.

Do you mean from in the counter? Man that stuff looks good!
We've never tried anything from there and I don't for the life of me know why? I think we'll have to save room on our next trip!!

Mrs.Mickey
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM
The pastry shops in france or norway (why not both?)
The kaki gori (shaved ice) from Japan
Tiramisu from italy so good
Im such a little piggy......... but you have to love eating around the world!

katzctkpt
05-06-2008, 05:13 PM
we always have to get fish & chips from the Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK. They are soooo good and we sit on the side patio overlooking the water.

PrincessTracie
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I agree with everyone else and go for the pastry shops in Norway and France! I love the Fruit Tarts in Norway and in France I love the Napolean! I got a crepe from the stand in France last year and it was good except it only had like one or two flavors of filling to choose from. Would like it more if they had more options.

joonyer
05-07-2008, 03:25 PM
My family loves the Churros from the Cantina in Mexico. WE always have to wash them down with some free tastes of coke products from around the world at Club Cool (used to be Ice Station Cool).

boobalk
05-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Bakery in Norway (school bread):thumbsup:
Pastry shop in France:thumbsup:
Fish/Chips in UK:thumbsup:
Funnel Cakes in America:thumbsup:
Chocoalte in Germany:thumbsup:
Shaved ice in Japan:thumbsup:
But my most fave snacks are the sweet roasted nuts I get at the little cart just outside "The Land" (make sure you get them hot):thumbsup:

Kidsmom
05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Kids fav - shaved ice in Japan
Mom and Dad Fav - cheese platter and bagette with glass of wine!

Crow
05-07-2008, 08:46 PM
my snacks are:beer::marg:
non liquid:
schoolbread in Norway
Fish & Chips in England

SgtTigger
05-07-2008, 10:58 PM
We like to try different things each time we go to WDW, but one "must always do" for us is to grab a pastry from the pastry shop (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2516271740101825575eOIBxg)in France. Doesn't that photo make your mouth water???:mickey:

Oh man that is just not nice.......

to late already did and now when I go in June I have to stop there and get something........ :D

:cop: :tigger:

Natazu
05-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Made me go get some junk food. I looked at the rest of your album too. Great pics, beautiful family.

Jared
05-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Try Tangierine Cafe in Morocco if you're looking for a more substantial counter service lunch. Like Jym suggested, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway is perfect for a light snack or pastry.

:tasty:

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
In Mexico:marg:
in Norway is school bread
not sure in China
Germany it is a soft pretzel and gummi candy
Italy gelato
American, ice cream bar
Japan is kagi gori
Morocco that would be:beer:
France cream brulee
England Fish and chips
Canada is Maple Fudge I have only seen during the EIFAWF.

OK now I'm full;)

Coach48
05-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Crepes in France

Tinkerkel
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
My favorite is from the candy counter in Germany...it's a HUGE chocolate chip cookie with pecans & caramel-coconut topping - oh my goodness, it takes all day to eat!

Disney Doll
05-08-2008, 01:27 PM
We always get ham and cheese croissants from the pastry shop in France. They will warm it if you ask and having that cheese all melty is sooo good. We never take a trip without lunch in France!

McGoofy
05-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Made me go get some junk food. I looked at the rest of your album too. Great pics, beautiful family.

Thanks Jym! You are too kind.

Yeah, looking at that good food will make ya hungry! That pastry shop is always where we get treats to eat while we sit and watch Illuminations.:cloud9: