PDA

View Full Version : paradise pier pool

joyce
05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
We are arriving at PP on july 5th and we tried to switch to the DLH but they are full. does anyone know what the pool is like on the rooftop of PP?? We have stayed at the DLH and liked it, and thought we'd try something new now we are thinking we should of stuck with what we know. I'll keep calling to see if any rooms open up at DHL
thanks

Melanie
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
The pool area was renovated a few years back at Paradise Pier, and while nice, the beachy theme isn't nearly as cool as the Neverland Pool at the Disneyland Hotel, IMO.

They did add a waterslide, but it slides to nowhere. That's right, it just ends and doesn't empty into a pool. The pool itself is just a typical pool. Nothing fancy.

I know it's labled a 'rooftop pool', but it's not on the rooftop of the tower, but instead built off the back of the third (I think) floor.

Aisling
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
We stayed at PPH a few years back and the slides were pretty fun. But like Melanears said, the pool is very basic. They do have a large-ish hot tub off to the side, which was relaxing. The pool was a nice place to go and cool off, but no where near as themed or nice as DLH or GCH.

tinkwest
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
If the pool is of great importance to you, you would probably have been happier at DLH or GCH. Paradise Pier is a nice hotel, rooms are spacious and nicely themed. But the pool is nothing to write home about.

BrerGnat
05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I concur with all the above. The slide is the weirdest...it's completely detached from the pool. You end up in a shallow (like 3 inches) pool of water.

The pool itself is a basic rectangle. It is located right across from the parking garage, so themeing is non existent. There are no trees up there (okay, there are a couple tiny trees), so it gets VERY HOT with all that concrete and no shade.

In general, the PPH is very bare bones (in terms of theme) compared to the DLH. I'd keep calling daily to see about a cancellation.

joyce
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
thanks for the info, i wondered when i read about it being rooftop, but thought DISNEY usually does it right, but i know they bought this hotel so they did not design it from the ground up!! I did call again today and got switched to the DLH. we've been in this one before and loved the pool area and the rest. it was a little more but when you add the whole vacation up whats a few $$$$$ thanks again.:mickey: