PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all about BBB

RockinRollerMom
05-04-2008, 09:54 AM
After seeing the travel channel that aired this week my DD wants to go to BBB on our next trip. Any-one who has been here before can you give me some details? I think we will most likely do a package with just hair, make-up nails etc. She will be 8 at the time of our trip, so I don't think she will want to dress up. Is there still a BBB on Main St. and one DTD? Any preference of which one to go to? Do I make reservations at the 180 day mark? Any other info any-one might have would be greatly appreciated.

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 10:00 AM
The two locations are DTD and the MK castle. We took our DDs to the DTD location in '06 (they were 8 and 6 at the time) and they LOVED it!! We also did the middle package so they got their hair and nails done. We had them dressed in costumes already as we were going to be going to MNSSHP that night.

The appointment took about 45 mins to an hour and the girls were treated like the princesses that they are.:thumbsup: I, being the proud dad, was snapping pictures left and right. However, PhotoPass photographers were there also so we got a lot of good shots on our CD as well.

It really is a great time for young girls and I would highly recommend it at least once. The girls want to go back, of course, on our next trip. Of course, with so much to do on the Disney property, we will have to wait to see.

Lucyrella
05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I had just as much fun watching my daughter be transformed into a princess, as she did having the royal treatment. Last year we did the make up, hair and nails. The Fairy Godmother's in training treated her like royalty the entire time. You need to take your own comb and brush, we came home with her make up palette and nail polish bottles, along with her sash. It was a priceless. I thought this is the package we were doing for our upcoming trip, but after she watched the Travel Chanel Show on the Royal Treatment, she working hard towards earning the Big Package where she can shop out of the Royal Closet. Her room has never been so clean... LOL. You will have a great time, and it is worth every penny. Take your camera!~

tyandskyesmom
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Skye did it in January. She got the cheapest package and brought her own costume from home. Tyler (9 year old boy) got a "Cool Dude" too.

I suggest doing the castle one and getting one of the first appointments of the day...it gets you into the Magic Kingdom early and they were right in (we were the first ones at the door) and was taken right into a chair. We were there for no more than 30 minutes and when we waled out, the park was still closed so we had all the Photo Pass photographers to ourselves (they were getting ready to open the gates) and then had a walk up for the photographer. And you can have a photo session no matter what package you purchase and it can be put on your photo pass. Only the "big" package includes the actual pictures from the session.

We were able to spend some time at the Magic Kingdon (main objective was to see Ariel in her grotto) and then head off to Epcot for our Princess lunch in Norway. We hung out there for the rest of the day meeting the other princesses we had not seen yet and then headed to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella and family. It was a whole princessy kind of a day.

I figured if i was paying for all of that, she'd get her money's worth out of it! She had a ball...problem is I am going to have to do that every trip now!

biodtl
05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Do I make reservations at the 180 day mark?

This is a 180+ location, meaning that if you are staying on site, you can make the reservation 180 days from the day you check in. Take advantage of this, because appointments can fill up quickly.