PDA

View Full Version : Shula's Opinions

big blue and hairy
05-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd like opinions from folks who've been to the Dolphin version of Shula's. DW and I have not been there but we did visit the Shula's in Tampa. In our opinion it was way over-priced for toobig, too bland pieces of meat. Supposedly the beef is some of the best you can get. You could have fooled me. While it wasn't bad, I expect a lot more for the price Shula's charges.

:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
1) Pretty accurate assessment.
2) Good, but not great.
3) Try Blue Zoo.

Jarrod
05-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Just returned about 3 weeks ago and went to both BZ and Shulas (while the kids had a blast with Ms. Thelma at camp dolphin) BZ was great, but we really enjoyed our meal at Shulas. We travel alot and have been to several great retaurants for steak that come highly recommended on foodie webistes like Chowhound, etc. I won't say that the filet was the best I've ever had, but it was definitely the best we've ever had at any restaurant at WDW. However, the service was really bad!! (Maybe just a bad night for out waiter) Regardless, the steak was very good, and IMHO you won't get a better filet at any restaurant on property.

Natazu
05-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Shula's has really good steaks. I think they are entirely overpriced. I'm not saying that because I'm against ala-carte restaurants. We have a Ruth's Chris here and we love it. Shula's just isn't a good value. Oh, and anyplace with a "spit plate charge" can unceremoniously kiss my wallet.

TheRustyScupper
05-04-2008, 10:59 AM
. . . We have a Ruth's Chris here and we love it . . .

1) I agree.
2) Almost next door is a Morton's.
3) Either would be excellent choices for steaks.

big blue and hairy
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh, and anyplace with a "spit plate charge" can unceremoniously kiss my wallet.
:funny:
That mistype made me do a double take....
:funny:

:sulley:

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2008, 06:16 PM
1) I agree.
2) Almost next door is a Morton's.
3) Either would be excellent choices for steaks.

I agree, but we have had several wonderful dining experiences at Shulas also!!:mickey:

animalkingdomguy
05-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Tried Shula's back in 2000. I must be a really peasant because the alacarte pricing on everything threw me for a loop. The food was good, but I guess I have simpler tastes. The final bill was a shocker.

ThanxForNoticin
05-06-2008, 12:29 PM
We had a very good meal at Disney's Shula's location - good food and service. But it was quite expensive. We will certainly go back again.

TheRustyScupper
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
. . . The food was good, but I guess I have simpler tastes. The final bill was a shocker . . .

1) It is realistic for an upscale eatery.
2) We did Morton's for a family Christmas celebration.
. . . bill was $950, including wine and tip, for eight people.
4) We did Ruth Chris' for an anniversary dinner.
. . . bill was $350 for four people, with tip & without wine

Gator
05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I actually prefers Dan Marino's place at The Point in Orlando. Try that next time.

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
We have a Ruth's Chris here and we love it. Shula's just isn't a good value. Oh, and anyplace with a "spit plate charge" can unceremoniously kiss my wallet.

:ditto: We also love Ruth's. I agree with the "split plate charge". I find it ridiculous to charge me an additional $10 when I am already paying $40 for a filet for a 2 and 4 year old.

4) We did Ruth Chris' for an anniversary dinner.
. . . bill was $350 for four people, with tip & without wine

We did Flemings with another couple (four people total) recently and the bill was $500 not including a $60 round of drinks on the house because we waited at least an hour inbetween our aps and entree. I do not mind spending money on a great meal but at those prices the kitchen better have their act together.