PDA

View Full Version : Easy to book a non-home resort in June??

ldc12377
05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
How easy is it to stay somewhere other than your home resort? We vacation now during the first week of June because that is when our schools get out for summer. Is that a busy time of year for DVC resorts? We have thought about buying an OKW resale so that we can get more points. We would like to be able to try out other resorts. How easy is that?

playdead88
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
great question! i just bought into the akv and we will be going the 1st week in june also for the same reasons - we are april people and we just got back from one of the busiest weeks we have ever seen but i tell ya for as crowded as it was we never seemed to have an issue - honestly we don't mind crowds and from what i understand if you hit the parks at night to beat the heat, that week is do-able - as far as getting a ressie at your resort i can't speak for that i can tell you i have my fingers crossed and will be calling right at my 11month window :thumbsup:

JMTStone
05-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Our home is at SSR but we were able to get BWV for our upcoming June trip. I tried for BCV but it wasn't available.

I wouldn't have minded being "stuck" with SSR but our plan includes trying all of the resorts if we can.

Aurora
05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
We made ressies in February for our weeklong trip the second week in June at our home resort at SSR and had no problem. We waitlisted for the BWV and the waitlist came through two weeks later.

We also reserved rooms at the POR for one day on each end of the trip JUST YESTERDAY and also had no problem booking the rooms. I'm wondering myself whether these weeks are sort of the calm before the summer storm.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I can let you know in the morning.;)

My husband and I just decided today that we are going to head down, without kids, the first week in June for three days. I am going to call MS tomorrow morning to see if there is a Studio or even a one bedroom available anywhere.

Fingers crossed we can get a room somewhere!:fingers:

KineGirl
05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Our home is OKW :sun: and were able to get into AKV with SV for July - we had called right at the window and only had to be slightly flexible with our dates! (1 week off) I was surprised but stoked! :cloud9: Normally we dont have a problem booking somewhere different if we do it asap but I was worried about AKV because of limited availability. :mickey: