PDA

View Full Version : Magical Beginnings?

tinksmom02
05-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Please forgive me if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything...

Has anyone heard anything about this? Does anyone know if they're planning on doing it for 2008?

Can't remember when the info was released last year, but I want to say that at least we knew about it by now, for Aug and Sept.

Thanks!

kathiep
05-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Sorry, neighbor - but I've read in several different locations that this program has been discontinued.

We were looking forward to this again too. We loved watching DD play duck,duck,goose with Peter Pan & Wendy last year.

princessgirls
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I heard terrific things about this program from my friends with pre-schoolers who went to Disney last year.

I believe that they discontinued it also. There is no information about this what so ever.
Sorry!
Julie:mickey:

Young@Heart
05-04-2008, 02:06 AM
I heard terrific things about this program from my friends with pre-schoolers who went to Disney last year.

I believe that they discontinued it also. There is no information about this what so ever.
Sorry!
Julie:mickey:

I'd heard great things about it, too, and enjoyed the clips on the planning DVD. It's too bad they discontinued it. :(

tinksmom02
05-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh, that's really a shame. DD5 enjoyed riding the carousel with Chip and Dale last year.

Thanks, Kathiep, for the info!

MouseManiac
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
It's been discontinued?!? Bummer!! I've been watching the message boards waiting for a release of the concert line-up! My kids LOVED going to the Playhouse Disney Live-in-Concert shows. Imagination Movers ROCKED last year! The year before that it was Johnny & the Sprites. The kiddo's will be sad that we won't get to go this year... I know I am!:(

2Princesses4Us
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
A few posts have mentioned Magical Beginnings lately. If you have any info regarding MB or a link to another thread, I'd love to learn more.

BTW, we are visiting WDW Sept 17 - 22 with DD 6, DD 3, and DS1.

THANK YOU! :mickey:

onjbj
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
As far as I know, there has been no anouncement regarding Magical Beginnings for this year. We'll be there at the end of August and were hoping they'd do it again this year. We went last year and the kids had a blast. Keeping my fingers crossed, but so far there has been little, if any, buzz.

Disneyatic
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
It's been discontinued?!? Bummer!! I've been watching the message boards waiting for a release of the concert line-up! My kids LOVED going to the Playhouse Disney Live-in-Concert shows. Imagination Movers ROCKED last year! The year before that it was Johnny & the Sprites. The kiddo's will be sad that we won't get to go this year... I know I am!:(

I am not 100% sure, but I think the Playhouse Disney concerts were different from the magical beginnings.
The Magical Beginnings were at MK and were extra hours before regular park openings where little ones could get some extra character time in.
Once again, I am not totally sure but I think they are different.

Septbride2002
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
It really is a shame that they cancelled this as it was a great program.

~Amanda

TBY2225
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
That is sad! Two years ago my DD then 4 was able to ride her favorite ride at the time the Tea Cups with Alice and the Mad Hatter. She loved it! Also, we were able to ride every ride, some more than once, in Fantasyland in that one hour. We also were able to meet with quite a few characters as well!

Flower
05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I am not 100% sure, but I think the Playhouse Disney concerts were different from the magical beginnings.
The Magical Beginnings were at MK and were extra hours before regular park openings where little ones could get some extra character time in.
Once again, I am not totally sure but I think they are different.

The Program was called MAGICAL BEGINNINGS and offered Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at MK, Playhouse Disney Live in Concert at DHS.

Here is the information for 2007:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/magicalbeginnings/default.asp

They did not announce last years program until around this time last year, so don't give up hope that it is discontinued.