PDA

View Full Version : Activities for Children at World Showcase

Spacegirl
05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know if my memory is correct but isn't there a passport or something of that nature that children can get and take to each country in the world?

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2008, 06:14 PM
1) Passports
. . . available at any cash register in WS
. . . each country stamps the passport
. . . each country writes something in their language
2) KidCot
. . . station in each country
. . . they do the passports
. . . they also have kids activities
. . . you can also make a mask with decorations from each country

sardanem
05-04-2008, 07:37 AM
This must be new. I don't remember it there in 2000, and we didn't get to WS last March when we made a quick trip there, but it sounds great. I guess since you can get the passports at any register there is a charge but is there any additional charge for the Kidcot? I think my DD6 would really like it.

Lisa:mickey:

KineGirl
05-04-2008, 08:11 AM
yes there is a charge for the passport ( I think its in the $5 range)

:mickey: Kidcot is completely free!! :mickey:

DANAM
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I seem to remember it being more like $10 but ours came with a button. Maybe that's why.
I didn't know this but they also so a simular thing in Animal Kingdom. You can buy the passport there also (we didn't because I didn't know) but they gave our kids a little card for free.
If you didn't want to shell out $10 bucks per passport in epcot they also do crafts, mask I believe, and they stamp the stick(paint stir) with the country. We have 2 small kids so there mask were broke way before we finish but that would work for bigger kids.
One other thing make sure you give them a time limit. You can spend hours at one kidcot stop and by the time you do all the countries the park will be closed.
P.S. for parents concerned about clothing. The kids us PERMENT markers!!!! Why Disney does this I don't know. Be sure to pack your own washable markers if you want them to wear there cloths again!!!!!