PDA

View Full Version : Which dvcs book up first?

Madame Leona
05-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm once again looking into renting dvc points (not through here, I know the rules:mickey:) and I'm trying to decide which resort. We are looking to get a 2 bedroom villa in Oct and I was wondering which resorts tend to fill up first. I know in the past we've had a hard time getting a studio at vwl so I imagine that one fills up quickly. Any incite would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

FiggyFan
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
VWL, BCV, and BWV fill up fastest. In October, BCV and BWV go very quickly due to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

If you are looking to rent points for a reservation this October, it doesn't matter what home resort the points are from - since that is less than 7 months from now, any points could be used at any resort.

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Also villas at AKL go quickly because there are so few of them at this time.

lockedoutlogic
05-03-2008, 11:11 PM
WL - BCV - BWV - AKV -OKW/SSR

when the contemp opens....it will top the list....

that list is pretty much set in stone

Maleficent's Dad
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Personally, I've always found the BCV fill up first due to their location. And having talked to numerous CM's at MS, they verify this fact.

The VWL are also very quick to book - due to the resort (which is great with exceptional theming) and the small number of villas.

The BW fills up quickly as well, but not as fast as the first two since there are lots more villas here...

Time of year provides a great deal of influence. As stated above, from late September - November, the BCV and BWV will be near impossible to get. November and December seem to be high "peak" time for DVC these days and most resorts will book up early.

As you've probably read, SSR and OKW have become the "stand by" resorts that people take when all others are booked...

Madame Leona
05-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone for all of the great input. I would really like to stay at AKL in October so keep your fingers crossed for me. This is a very special trip.