PDA

View Full Version : We were going this week..Dr orders can't go..now going 6/2

Mom2Boys
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Well we were set to go 5/5-5/10. A few days ago I had a pretty scary 1st time seizure. My husband called 911. I don't of course remember a thing expect waking up in the hospital. We did the EEG, MRI all of it. Found out it was a full seizure. Now on seizure meds and no driving or flying for 2 weeks. :( We did push it back to June 2-June 7th. We have only been in end of April or beg. May. Do you think the 1st week of June for the summer months is going to be crowded? At least we get Star Wars and Toy Story now :thumbsup: Is it pretty hot then? We don't get as many character dines now. Some for lunch no dinners left. Chef Mickey is booked.
Well think goodness I didn't have my Dr. troubles next week at the WL! ;)
Paige

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank goodness youre ok! How scary for you and your family! TC of yourself! :mickey:

Theres another thread going on re time frame your going

first week of June (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=132485)

HndrdPrcnt
05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Paige -

How scary! Good to hear that you are doing well. Have a wonderful time when you go in June. I have never done WDW in June so I am not much help for you. However, just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!

John

Mom2Boys
05-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Thank You for the June thread! And thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Looks like we are in for a busy hot week! We will have to take it slow and not try to over due it. Looks like this week would have been a good week to go but hey we all have to try the summer in Disney sometime! ;) We can use fast passes on somethings to help out.
Thanks!
Paige

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Glad to your okay and able to go next month. Just remember not to ride the ones with seizure warnings. I'd hate for you to have one at the park and not enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Mom2Boys
05-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Good thinking! Had not thought about that. With DH's parents and the boys (preschool age) we will prob. be on the slow rides. but I will still check out rides and shows with that warning. Don't want to go through that at DW.
Thanks!
Paige

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Good thinking! Had not thought about that. With DH's parents and the boys (preschool age) we will prob. be on the slow rides. but I will still check out rides and shows with that warning. Don't want to go through that at DW.
Thanks!
Paige

Good thinking! I was just thinking that Buzz, though a slow ride may not be good with all the flashing lights and that tunnel thing at the end with the stars zooming by.

JMTStone
05-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Take it slow. We've been in May and July. (We'll be there the week after you're there this year). I'm expecting hot and crowded.

I'm so glad you're still going. You deserve it!!!! Take it easy!

Young@Heart
05-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Sorry for your experience! I'm glad you're okay and you're right, it's probably a blessing it happened at home and not during your trip!

We usually go at the end of June and we've never found it too be that bad. Maybe we're just used to the crowds since that's all we've experienced, but it certainly didn't detract from our fun.

SgtTigger
05-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem but glad to hear you are ok.......

I will be there at the same time... we get to Wilderness Lodge Villas on the 5th and we leave on the 10th.......

Drink plenty of water on the hot days. Also plan to do inside stuff at the hottest part of the day....

I dont think the crowds are that bad....

I did send you a PM you need to read.........

:cop: :tigger:

BronxTigger
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I went the 2nd (3rd?) week of June in 2005. It was hot and crowded, but we managed. Star Wars weekends can make MGM very crowded, particularly in the Star Tours area. Many schools finish the first week in June so as June goes on it gets more crowded. Hopefully the first week is still decent.

Just make sure to stay hydrated. WDW sells Powerade for a reason....the reason being "summer".

Another thing to consider asking your doctor about is those annoying, blinking, light up things they sell at night time for the kids to play with before the parades start.

Some rides with blinking lights that may cause a problem (from my memory and NO experience with seizures) are Space Mountain (at the beginning in the red tunnel) and Buzz Lightyear (the WHOLE ride).

If you haven't yet already, you can head over to the "Guests With Special Needs" section of Intercot to find out about things to aviod at WDW that could cause a seizure.

PetefromRI
05-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Just think,on 6/2 you'll be glad you didn't go in May,your trip would have been already over!;)I don't think the crowds should be to bad yet as school is still in session.As far as seizures go,try to avoid any kind of strobe light as these can set off a seizure.My son had seizures as a teen and any time that we were on a ride with strobes he always covered his eyes with his hands and never had a problem.Luckily he's been med free for about 3 years and never had another problem.Good Luck!

Kennywife
05-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I feel your pain. I am an Epileptic and have been on meds for several years...although they are much better now. We went on my honeymoon two years ago about the time you plan to go and I can tell you from experience to take it slow. Take breaks and go back to your resort. Make sure to get plenty of fluids and avoid things that flash or set them off.

Anna

cal5755
05-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry about the seizures!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers......hopefully it was a one time thing.

I hope you have a magical trip in June!!

thejens
05-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I am thankful you are okay and sorry you had to delay. We went the last week of May/first part of June last year and it was great. We were lucky and the weather was perfect, not too hot at all. We loved the Star Wars characters roaming around the studios. I really recommend getting to the parks when they open and when it is cooler. That way you can do a lot of things and opt to take the afternoon off by the pool if it does get too hot. I bought the neck coolers and cheaper mist bottles just in case it was too hot last year, but really didn't need them. We are going the last week of May this year since the time was so nice for us. It was busy, but we only go at the busy times due to school, so I wouldn't know about any other way. Also re the meals, don't give up. Our first time we called every day to see if there were openings and found some earlier and later dinner times did open up for us. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

kathiep
05-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Best of luck to you. I fully understand what you're going through. In college, during biology lab - I had a full blown seizure for the first time. I don't remember anything until waking up in a wheelchair on the way to physician services.

It was a long road before I was considered "under control". 2 years without driving, avoiding certain rides and excessive flashing lights.

I hope your road isn't as long. Best wishes!!

Mom2Boys
05-03-2008, 06:59 PM
You guys (gals) are great! Thank you for all your info on DW and seizures. I have to go for a sleep study soon. They think it might be sleep induced seizures from sleep apnea. The neurologist thinks I have had small seizures before and this was the "big" one. I think all of you are right that the 1st part of June should be fine with crowds. And at least we are there and going, with hopefully no seizures. We are also big star war geeks so having storm troopers walking around will be neat!
Paige

goofygirl67
05-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I too have had seizures, but haven't had one in 15 years. My Dr. says I could get off the meds but if I have another seizure I could loose my license for 2 years and I travel for a living.
I still go on all the rides but have to close my eyes on some of them. Dinosaur I find hard going through the time warp. I am careful about when I go on rides and I how I feel. I actually dislike the flashing light on the school buses more than anything on any of the rides.
It's funny you said it might have something to do with sleep, all 3 of my seizures were in the middle of the night. 2 when I was sleeping and 1 when I was at work.
Take it easy though until you find out what the problem is, there is still plenty of things to do at WDW that won't hurt you.

princessgirls
05-03-2008, 08:15 PM
See you are already looking at the positive side of things.

Sorry that you had to have all of this happen. May God bless you and your family as you deal with this new condition.

Julie:mickey:

dizknee531
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM
:ill:Get well soon!! Make sure you take it easy and ask for help if you need it.