PDA

View Full Version : Infants on Rides

AirlineGuy07
05-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Are infants allowed on certain rides at the Magic Kingdom, for example, people movers, haunted house, snow white, small world etc? What other ones would they be allowed on?

DisneyLuver91
05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Infants are allowed on any dark ride that doesn't move quickly or have any drops. Look through the list of rides here on Intercot to see which ones are slow moving. :mickey:

Stitchahula
05-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I brought my 7 week old on pirates, buzz, snow white, pooh, small world, ect. He did really well on everything didn't seem to mind any of it. He was just happy as long as he was fed, dry and being held.

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I brought my 7 week old on pirates, buzz, snow white, pooh, small world, ect. He did really well on everything didn't seem to mind any of it. He was just happy as long as he was fed, dry and being held.

The only thing I would be slightly wary of is the drop in the beginning of POTC. Nothing TOO crazy, but still.... However if youre familiar with the ride & where the drop is, it wouldnt be as much an issue

magicofdisney
05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Infants are allowed on any ride without a height restriction.

Dyanna
05-03-2008, 02:38 PM
We had taken our DD on the Malestrom when she was 10 months old. There is a slight drop on this ride but no height restriction.

Buttercup
05-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Infants can go on literally anything without a height restriction (ie. thrill rides). That's a lot of stuff!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
We took our 5 month old (at the time) on everything without a height restriction as everyone has said.

What came in really handy was our Baby Bjorn. (Or any other carrier) I felt so much better getting on and off rides knowing I wasn't going to drop him!:blush: He was able to face out most of the time and I just faced him in when he was sleepy, etc. We had the stroller too of course. The Bjorn just came in really handy too.

Just a thought. Have a great trip!!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I second the Baby Bjorn! It worked great last year carrying our daughter! And this year when she goes back in Sept, she is walking! It was great to have her strapped to me on the rides. She could look out, and I felt secure knowing that she was safe!

We took her on just about everything without a height restriction... Not the Indy Speedway tho, I don't think its allowed, and even if it is, I didnt want to take the chance.

Naptimes at the TTA, and Ellen's Universe of Energy are a must! I would take her on those rides and relax, and DH took our older daughter on rides. Or during the baby's nap times, we would just pull the stroller over, get everyone else in the family an ice cream and enjoy people and bird watching till the baby woke up.

Have a GREAT trip!

wdw_bound
05-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Another Baby Bjorn lover here! We used it when DS was 10 mos and it was wonderful! I was able to ride with DD and DS (aka squirmy worm) on lots of rides feeling very secure. Without it I definitely wouldn't have managed both kids, and probably wouldn't have taken DS on several rides (ie Peter Pan).

If I had to choose between a stroller and the Bjorn, the Bjorn would win hands down!

dfamasb
05-04-2008, 12:06 PM
On past trips we too have taken a 6 month old and 9 month old twins on everything with no height restrictions. No problems at all, in fact I think most babies love the sights and sounds of Disney! I'm also a fan of carriers for the itty bitty ones, though I love the Ultimate Baby Wrap. It is sooo comfortable and can be worn lots of ways. Also packs very very small! Good luck and have fun!

Flower
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Ben went on almost everything at 4 months, and I will third or fourth or fifth the baby carriers! Ours was a Snulgi and worked AWESOME!!!

When he was 4 months we also took his stroller with the car-seat carrier and it was great if he fell asleep, we just took the carrier with us for shows.:baby:

At 11 months & 15 months the Snugli was a MUST at WDW, especially for ride lines.

The Disney website says children under 12 months should not ride the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
What came in really handy was our Baby Bjorn. (Or any other carrier) I felt so much better getting on and off rides knowing I wasn't going to drop him!:blush:

Okay we may be overdoing it but I'll also put a vote in for the Baby Bjourn. I loved ours. I felt so secure knowing that DD#3 was tucked safely inside. That was I could also take DD#2 by the hand.

The youngest I took one of my girls was 3 1/2 months and she went on everything that did not have a height restriction (Tomorrowland Indy Speedway has a baby restriction, babies under a certain age cannot ride). I want to say the only other ride I avoided was the Tea Cups, I didn't want to scramble her! DDs 1 & 2 like to spin like crazy!!! I love that WDW really caters to everyone. There is much, much more that entire families can do than what they cannot do.

Have a great trip!!!

P.S - What age infant are we taking about?

Stitchahula
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
My little one actually liked the swoosh on POTC. All I had to do was tuck him in close and he was a happy baby. I also found out he LOVES the buses there he would usually go to sleep after a couple of minutes.