PDA

View Full Version : Dinner show

peterbiltchic2000
05-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Which dinner show is the best the Hoop-Dee-Do
Musical Revue or the Spirit of Aloha
(Luau Dinner Show) will be there nov29-dec4 will it be too cool for the aloha dinner? :confused:

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I prefer the second seating (if theres 2) of the Spirit of Aloha show. I say the second show only because its darker and it makes the fire thrower/dancer that much more dramatic. The fire & hula dancers are amazing! They serve it family style.

UPDATE: just reread OP and noticed the timeframe. It will prolly be too cold at that time for Aloha show but I stand by my opinion that it is better than HDD. We found it "silly" where Aloha was "cool" .. of course as usual its just IMO

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2008, 10:39 AM
1) When the sun goes down, expect cool temps.
2) Wear pants/jeans, and take a sweatshirt & light jacket.
3) If it gets too cold, they cancel the show.

DestinationWDW
05-03-2008, 03:00 PM
i've never been to spirit of aloha, but our family are BIG Hoop-De-Doo fans!!! We have gone numerous times and not bored of it yet- have sat in multiple areas and have yet to have a "bad seat' - I highly recommend it!:thumbsup:

brogan54
05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
have done both and i totally prefer the hoop de doo. it is a better show and if you are second tier dining the hoop de doo is the way to go. absolutely loved it. hope you do also :cloud9:

HndrdPrcnt
05-03-2008, 11:51 PM
We have done both and we LOVE Hoop De Doo by far over Spirit of Aloha. The show is much better and the food is better by far!! The whole surroundings of HDD is a really cool experience and I believe that you and your family would love it.:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I like the show better at the Luau but HDD is still fun. I can't say much for the food at either dinner.

Mulan
05-04-2008, 08:56 AM
We've done both several times and love both. They are two different types of shows.

The Spirit of Aloha is better at the second show. We've done this at Christmas so a jacket/sweatshirt is required. It gets chilly at night. The food is good and the luau is fun. Our children had a great time.

The HDDR is slack-stick comedy. They pull people up on stage and there is alot of singing. We went here this past Christmas and my DD5 is still singing songs from it. The food is good.

I believe that it depends on if you have kids and what they like. The luau is more laid back were the HDDR is constant moving. Here is a note, if you have small children and they don't like the menu, they do have a kids menu that they can order from. Just ask.