PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Bathrooms

azcavalier
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
My wife and I were joking about this yesterday as we were leaving the Magic Kingdom, but while it was funny, it was also true. There are bathrooms to avoid, and bathrooms that almost seem like no one knows about them. For example, STAY AWAY from the bathrooms by Mickey's Star Traders in Tomorrowland. So busy that they rarely get cleaned. But feel free to use the ones tucking into Cinderella's Castle close to the spot where Belle reads to the children.

We've just been to the parks so often now (with little kids, too) that we seem to know where all of the restrooms are, and are learning about which ones to avoid (due to being so busy).

kathiep
05-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Someone has a website that has a section devoted to this.

If you search the internet for Disney bathrooms, I'm sure you'll find it.

There are pictures of almost all the bathrooms in the parks. And a count of the number of stalls.

I found it pretty interesting.

Young@Heart
05-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Someone has a website that has a section devoted to this.

If you search the internet for Disney bathrooms, I'm sure you'll find it.

There are pictures of almost all the bathrooms in the parks. And a count of the number of stalls.

I found it pretty interesting.

I saw this once, and it's really neat!

The only bathroom I didn't really care for was the one at DHS near Star Tours. I can't remember WHY I didn't like it, I just remember NOT liking it! :blush:

Main Street Jim
05-04-2008, 07:27 AM
But feel free to use the ones tucking into Cinderella's Castle close to the spot where Belle reads to the children.This one is actually next to Enchanted Grove (closer to the Mad Tea Party), not near the Castle.

The Star Traders ones...I've had to, uhhh..."clear guests" out of that one for Grad Nites the past two weeks...and it wasn't too bad cleaning-wise in there.

There's restrooms on TSI (Tom Sawyer Island) that aren't too bad.

The ones in the Land pavilion, near the entrance to Soarin' downstairs are terribly crowded every time I walk in there.

"Hidden"...hmmmm...I'd have to say that every restroom is clearly marked on a park map somewheres :D

#1donaldfan
05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
It's weird to even entertain this subject but we do, huh?? Actually, there are not many that I don't "enjoy"......my favorite is at POR in the main lobby area....it has a pull rope above, like an old, old bathroom of the past....it's just a cool thing to see.....:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Very interesting. :blush:

SgtTigger
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
How to tell you are a Disney Fanatic????
:funny: :haha:

You go on INTERCOT to discuss Disney Bathrooms........

Yes I also Try to avoid the bathrooms in the walkway to Adventureland and Frontierland..... very busy all the time........

:cop: :tigger:

emmatink
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
While we are on the subject:) Does anybody know which bathrooms have toddler size toilets? We will be in WDW in 2 weeks and are in the process of potty-training our 2 year old and just wondered if there are smaller toilets in any of the restrooms. Thanks.

GINNY69
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
I believe the bathroom at The POFQ outside the lobby , the stalls are very old looking and they have the chain to pull to flush the bathroom, i thought it was quite interesting to say the least....

cal5755
05-04-2008, 07:36 PM

Yes I also Try to avoid the bathrooms in the walkway to Adventureland and Frontierland..... very busy all the time........

And you actually find it interesting to read everyones opinions!! :rotfl::funny:

We had a DISGUSTING encounter with the bathrooms outside Epcot going toward the bus stops...those always seem dirty.

Altair
05-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I can't remember where this one is, but it only has two urnials in it. I always feel like I'm in an CM only restroom. It may be in the World Showcase.:blush:

KAT1811
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

:tigger:

I'm just glad to know that there are people as crazy as I am out there!!! :funny:

And you actually find it interesting to read everyones opinions!! :rotfl::funny:

:crazy:

While we are on the subject:) Does anybody know which bathrooms have toddler size toilets? We will be in WDW in 2 weeks and are in the process of potty-training our 2 year old and just wondered if there are smaller toilets in any of the restrooms. Thanks.

I've never seen any toddler size toilets in WDW. Sorry. I would bring pullups or something of that nature with you. The bathrooms are spread out in some areas and it can be tough getting out of line and to a toilet in time. Good luck!!! I held off potty training on purpose until we returned from WDW.

irish1967
05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

I don't know that I can think of any... but there are several "family" bathrooms around which might suit your needs - at least you'll have a little more space!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I love this thread...we really do talk about everything Disney on intercot :thumbsup:

I have noticed that restaurant rest rooms are in general way busier, and messier than park rest rooms (and smaller too). :confused:

In general though, WDW does a good job of restrooms...the ones at POR are great, as are the ones near TT in MGM (sorry DHS).

ligirlz
05-04-2008, 09:37 PM
One bathroom that no one uses or remembers that is there is the one next to Figments ride in EPCOT. That bathroom is beyond clean and no wait all the time. I love venturing over there and having peace.

Quasimodo
05-04-2008, 09:42 PM

The only one I know of is at the Baby Care Center at the Studios. There may be some in the Baby Care Centers in the other parks, but that is the only one I have seen.

I would also like to add that the cleanest bathrooms I have found in any of the parks are in the Baby Care Centers. The men's bathrooms in particular seem to be barely used at all. When our DD was in diapers, I would use the men's room at the Baby Care Centers and they appeared to be totally unused and very, very clean.

McGoofy
05-04-2008, 09:52 PM

There's some serious Disney Fanatics on You Tube as well. Just put in "Disney bathrooms" on the search. You will find a "Name That Restroom Game" about Disney bathrooms that somebody clearly spent a lot of time putting together! The "Many Bathrooms at Disney" is also a montage of bathrooms. Kind of strange that one would video Disney bathrooms...I'm just saying.....

eyoreswife
05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
when my daughter was 6 yrs old at disney she had a stomach bug we literally were in every bathroom of every park at some point playing I spy we would have to leave lines to run to the bathroom so i knew them well I remember the one in fantasy land near geppettos being the worst. she's now 13 and would die if she knew i was writing this:blush:

Buttercup
05-04-2008, 11:03 PM
The busiest one I always see is next to Peter Pan's Flight, right next to the bridge you walk under to go to the Haunted Mansion.

We always end up using the ones behind Journey Into Imagination, behind Space Mountain, and there's a handicap one at the back of Innoventions right next to a squirting water fountain out of the ground... I believe it's facing Mission Space.
Those ones tend to be quiet.

Kerry823
05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Very Funny! My husband always jokes that I have to stop at every bathroom that I pass. Strangely enough, I did not know about the bathrooms near Cinderella's castle near Belle's storytime spot! I will have to check it out on our next trip! I will also be sure to let the hubby know that I missed one!

Gator
05-05-2008, 12:48 AM
There's a large bathroom in the UK of Epcot that doesn't get too crowded. I've spent a lot of time in that one. :sick:

SpecJoe Magic
05-05-2008, 06:42 AM
I've noticed that many people have a tendency to flock like sheep to certain restrooms by following the crowds instead of looking for alternatives. For example, the restrooms inside Cosmic Ray's are often crowded, but there are nearby restrooms just outside of the restaurant that aren't nearly as crowded.

Crow
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
at least its a different topic
I try to avoid busy ones by entrances etc. & I would say MK ones by Fantasyland or TOmmorowland would b ones to avoid.
over the yrs i have discovered some along the way to places. like walking from Epcot to HS i cut thru boardwalk by the pool & sometimes use the bathroom there. or the one in BC. also the one by Interenational gateway to Epcot.
theres a small one in Japan next to Yakitori House. not too busy. not always kept up as much either thought maybe

Tinkerfreak
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow we are getting away with alot of potty talk:D. I love the bathrooms at the AKL, they are so nice. I hate to admit this because you will all think I am nuts but we are building a new house and I did our bathrooms as close to the bathrooms at AKL as I could. I picked out similar granite countertops for the vanity and tile for the floor. It just seemed so luxurious that I had to duplicate it in my own house. :blush:

katzctkpt
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Very Funny! My husband always jokes that I have to stop at every bathroom that I pass. Strangely enough, I did not know about the bathrooms near Cinderella's castle near Belle's storytime spot! I will have to check it out on our next trip! I will also be sure to let the hubby know that I missed one!

So, I just pulled out a park map of MK and was quite suprised to find bathrooms in spots that I had no idea existed. I guess we just started going to the ones that we were familiar with. Anyway, I don't care for the restrooms after existing Splash Mt.

Imagineer1981
05-05-2008, 02:21 PM

the only thing better would be picking your favorite stall!!

DisneyWizard
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
It's amazing that this has gone on for two pages.

My favorite hidden restroom is actually in Disneyland at the Enchanted Tiki Room. No one is ever there!

TheMartellFamily
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
If I remeber correctly there are smaller toilets at the baby care stations( locations usually by but seperate from the 1st aid station in the parks). I remember this as for one of my DS liked going here because it was easier for him.
There are some very hidden ones in EPCOT, I like the ones inside Innoventions area. The other one that is never busy is the one around the corner from JIYI ride and walk back around the corner. It is oposite side of the building from the jumping water.

Aggie97
05-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I think the Odyssey Center bathroom at Epcot is pretty nice -- large, clean, not too busy! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I can't remember where this one is, but it only has two urnials in it. I always feel like I'm in an CM only restroom. It may be in the World Showcase.:blush:

I think it's by the United Kingdom. Very small bathroom.

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
If I remeber correctly there are smaller toilets at the baby care stations( locations usually by but seperate from the 1st aid station in the parks). I remember this as for one of my DS liked going here because it was easier for him.

I forgot about the baby care stations. I have to say they were a great idea. We used them for the first time this year (for DD#3) when she was teething. Fabulous haven for parents!

SgtTigger
05-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I picked out similar granite countertops for the vanity and tile for the floor. It just seemed so luxurious that I had to duplicate it in my own house. :blush:

My wife took pictures of the restroom at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in the lobby. They have this pine cone tile in it she has been trying to find for years........ :funny:

Bobby T
05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I just went through that entire YouTube video and couldn't name one...that might be a good thing. (Eyes to the wall...in...and out...)

That said, the restrooms near the old Skyway entrance in Tomorrowland are usually very open.

Flower
05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
My wife took pictures of the restroom at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in the lobby. They have this pine cone tile in it she has been trying to find for years........ :funny:

I was just thinking about these restrooms as I was reading the thread - haven't we had this conversation before about the beautiful tiles in WL??!!!!

I think the only small toilets are in the baby care centers - and not all centers have them. I do wish they would put at least one other baby care center is each park, so nice to have and so inconvenient if you are on the opposite side of the park. The restrooms here are usually very clean though!

DisneyDudet
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I've noticed that many people have a tendency to flock like sheep to certain restrooms by following the crowds instead of looking for alternatives. For example, the restrooms inside Cosmic Ray's are often crowded, but there are nearby restrooms just outside of the restaurant that aren't nearly as crowded.

I have found this to be the exact opposite! The one on the outside was crazy busy, while the one on the inside was practically empty, and this has been the case almost every time we go.

The one outside of PotC has always been practically empty, at least for us.

The bathrooms to the left of the hat at MGM (studios.. whatever) are always pretty empty too. Never seems to be people in them.

Tink#64
05-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I just love this place! I think I ended up posting twice on the last bathroom thread I saw on here! :funny: I think it's hilarious that we have these thoughts & entire conversations about the restrooms at WDW! Here is the link for the site that was posted previously.It's really cool! I apologize if not permissible! http://www.cassworld.ca/photosbathrooms.htm

I loved it! I told DH about this during our last trip. I can't imagine how much time it took for the research of all of the restrooms! The one that really struck me as funny was new to me this trip. We had lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus (great by the way!), we ate early & got a table by the window watching the boats load & launch for IASW & waved at everyone! DH & DS's had a lot of fun with that! But, to use the restroom, you actually have to exit the restaurant & it's just there in FL!! I thought that was very strange! Then you re-enter through an unmarked side door! This is the only restaurant that we visited in WDW that didn't have facilities inside! Different! :huh:

senderella
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
It's weird to even entertain this subject but we do, huh?? Actually, there are not many that I don't "enjoy"......my favorite is at POR in the main lobby area....it has a pull rope above, like an old, old bathroom of the past....it's just a cool thing to see.....:mickey:

I love that one! (that is weird to love a bathroom) I always make a visit even if I don't need to .....just to pull the cord.

We also try to stop at the one in Imagination at Epcot...Figment keeps it clean and not too crowded.

JerseyDad
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
.....my favorite WDW restroom has ALWAYS been:

.....The Closest One At That Moment!!!

2Epcot
05-07-2008, 01:50 PM

Could be hard to find if Imagineering had the tile custom made for the resort.

poeticeclipse
05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Great thread! I have a couple to mention.

At DHS, there is a bathroom that connects to Sci-Fi Dine In and ABC Commisary. We just go inside the Commisary and then go through the door on the left side to the bathroom. It's not connected directly to the "outside" so most people don't think about it.

At Epcot, there is one that is often times not all that busy. It's in Norway right to the right of the viking ship. It's pretty large and there is never a line.

I avoid the ones outside of Splash Mountain. They're not always clean and can sometimes get wet from people coming off of the ride.

azcavalier
05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I would have to say that our favorites in Epcot are the ones around to the right of where you go into Journey Into Imagination.

In the MK, We usually nit Columbia Harbor House for lunch since it's quiet, and the restrooms there are a virtual ghost town.

In the AK, I can't think of any, unless maybe the one's in Dinoland next to Hester and Chester's.

In Hollywood Studios we hate 'em all. But maybe that's because we haven't found any that are quiet and convenient! That's what makes this thread great.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree with the Odyssey in Epcot, hardly anyone there.

Someone else mentioned the one near Belle's Story Time (it's close to Enchanted Grove and not near the castle). That one is usually not crowded.

The one near pirates is good too.

Disnamic Duo
05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow we are getting away with alot of potty talk:D. I love the bathrooms at the AKL, they are so nice. I hate to admit this because you will all think I am nuts but we are building a new house and I did our bathrooms as close to the bathrooms at AKL as I could. I picked out similar granite countertops for the vanity and tile for the floor. It just seemed so luxurious that I had to duplicate it in my own house. :blush:

My wife and I have a standing joke about the bathrooms at AKL, because the first time I used one - out near the pool - when I came out I said to my wife (in an astonished voice), "That's the nicest bathroom I've ever seen!"

azcavalier
10-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Resurrecting the thread for a minute!

From our trip we returned from today, a couple of things.

Did y'all know that there are TWO sets of restrooms at Odyssey? There is the set outside as you walk to Odyssey from the World Showcase, but there is another set tucked inside the building (with signs outside marking that there are bathrooms) after you go around the building and you're about to walk across the bridge to Future World.

Also, we just discovered some new restrooms by Club Cool at Epcot. If you go out the back of Club Cool but then turn right and go through the sliding glass doors, it's basically this big (air conditioned) hallway. The only thing in there is a timeline of Epcot mounted to one wall. The other wall is windows that look out towards the JIYI building. If you walk a little further, you'll see a water fountain on the wall, and just to the side of those is another set of bathrooms! Rarely used! Awesome!

savafan
10-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Also, we just discovered some new restrooms by Club Cool at Epcot. If you go out the back of Club Cool but then turn right and go through the sliding glass doors, it's basically this big (air conditioned) hallway. The only thing in there is a timeline of Epcot mounted to one wall. The other wall is windows that look out towards the JIYI building. If you walk a little further, you'll see a water fountain on the wall, and just to the side of those is another set of bathrooms! Rarely used! Awesome!

Yes, we discovered those completely by accident on our trip last fall. They were pristine!

Terra
10-13-2014, 03:42 PM

:haha: so true!!!

I didn't even realize there was one by Star Traders!

Agree about the one across from Cosmic Ray's!

And yikes Jim, 'clearing' the bathroom. People have no shame no anymore!
I can't even believe people would attempt such stuff at a family park.

Main Street Jim
10-13-2014, 10:47 PM
And yikes Jim, 'clearing' the bathroom. People have no shame no anymore!
I can't even believe people would attempt such stuff at a family park.I had to go back and read what I had written. :P

It wasn't *that*; it was guests hiding out in the restrooms waiting to come out after they thought we were gone, wanting to try and stay in the park, since the park had closed early for Grad Nites back then.

ransam
10-14-2014, 12:57 AM
in epcot there is a bathroom under imagination that you have to go toward the back to get there. There is very seldom anyone at that bathroom.

Terra
10-14-2014, 08:16 AM
I had to go back and read what I had written. :P

It wasn't *that*; it was guests hiding out in the restrooms waiting to come out after they thought we were gone, wanting to try and stay in the park, since the park had closed early for Grad Nites back then.

Shew, that's good! I mean not good, but you know what I mean.
People do amaze me though!

didn't realize this was an old zombied thread.

azcavalier
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
didn't realize this was an old zombied thread.

Yeah. I resurrected it to add another bathroom we had "discovered" this last trip. Been going to WDW for over a decade, and i'm still finding bathrooms!

Mrs Bus Driver
10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
I just want to say thanks for reviving this thread. Very fun read.:mickey: Excuse me now I have to go to the bathroom:D

Terra
10-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Yeah. I resurrected it to add another bathroom we had "discovered" this last trip. Been going to WDW for over a decade, and i'm still finding bathrooms!
I love it!!! It's funny to know which ones to hit!
I always think the one near PoTC is less busy as well. I didn't realize it was there until a couple of years ago.

I just want to say thanks for reviving this thread. Very fun read.:mickey: Excuse me now I have to go to the bathroom:D
:haha:

#1donaldfan
10-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Resurrecting the thread for a minute!

From our trip we returned from today, a couple of things.

Did y'all know that there are TWO sets of restrooms at Odyssey? There is the set outside as you walk to Odyssey from the World Showcase, but there is another set tucked inside the building (with signs outside marking that there are bathrooms) after you go around the building and you're about to walk across the bridge to Future World.

MY DD, CM told me about that one. Empty and clean !! The way I like 'em......:thumbsup:

i'm grumpy
10-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I think the best part of the Tangled men’s room is the posters outside, but it’s fun to see pics of the inside too. LOL. I think the site I found recently is not the one I looked at before. :confused:

linedropper
10-22-2014, 12:09 AM
favorite crapper!

After years and years at disney I have to say its the one near Expedition Everest. You get off rode and go right about 100 yards! Love that one!

Speedy1998
10-23-2014, 12:33 PM
The busiest one I always see is next to Peter Pan's Flight, right next to the bridge you walk under to go to the Haunted Mansion.

This one no longer exist. It was replaced by one where stroller parking used to be, or for those of you that go back far enough, what used to be the queue for the Skyway to Tommorowland.

CAS
10-23-2014, 02:47 PM

We had a DISGUSTING encounter with the bathrooms outside Epcot going toward the bus stops...those always seem dirty.

Yup, these are usually very bad due to the traffic to/from the buses. I've had nothing but really bad experiences with them. Grossness is in direct relation to traffic. :D