PDA

View Full Version : What to Write on a Baby Shower Cake?

mjaclyn
05-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I volunteered to get the cake for my friend's baby shower next Saturday. I found a good bakery but I'm stuck as to what to have written on the cake!! She's not having the baby until June so I can't say anything like 'Congratulations' or 'Welcome Baby'. Any suggestions? It's going to be a boy but I don't think they've decided on a name yet.

hooberry
05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
:mickey:the cake for my shower was shaped like a bassinete with the basket weaving on the side and a tiny baby face peeking from the blanket, there was no wording at all . you could try that. :mickey:or you could go with something funny, like shaped in a diamond and decorated to look like those baby on board signs:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
05-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Coming soon....

I didn't think it would be that hard but I can't think of many suggestions!!

Dakota Rose
05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure my baby shower cakea said "Congratulations." You could also just say, "Baby Last Name 2008." Or maybe a cute saying about boys. What's your shower theme? One of my showers was a princess theme, and they wrote "a dream is a wish your heart makes" on one of the cakes. Ask the bakery what they usually write on the cake... :)

tigger24601
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
i don't know if you can use this one but for my aunt we wanted "God Bless Baby Hing" (Hing being their last name). bad thing was my cousin went in and printed everything out so it woul be spelled correctly when she went to pick it up it read "God Bless Baby Thing", i kid you not. we still laugh about it today. i had to do an emergency correction since publix didn't have another cake available.

BrerGnat
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I think "Congratulations" is perfectly fine. She's still accomplished a LOT in, what, 8 months? Plus, the shower is to celebrate the baby, plus making it through the pregnancy, and a Congratulations to her and her husband are in order.

Our baby shower cake said "Congratulations Angel and Natalie". Seemed like a perfect sentiment to me...

Rella
05-03-2008, 01:01 AM
I think that "Welcome Baby (last name)" would be right. I think that's what I've seen at most baby showers. If you're unsure and nothing seems right to you, why not just have the top completely decorated with whatever theme you choose and not write anything? I've seen many cute cakes with blocks, booties, rattles, moons, stars, animals...etc etc. You can make it look very baby-ish without saying a word! ;)

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2008, 05:32 AM
i don't know if you can use this one but for my aunt we wanted "God Bless Baby Hing" (Hing being their last name). bad thing was my cousin went in and printed everything out so it woul be spelled correctly when she went to pick it up it read "God Bless Baby Thing", i kid you not. we still laugh about it today. i had to do an emergency correction since publix didn't have another cake available.

That is too funny:thumbsup:
I think Congratulations is good, with or without the happy couples names.

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I have used on shower cakes "Showers of Happiness" or "Showers of Blessings" for both wedding and baby showers. Use an umbrella design. Have fun!
Jen

disneydeb
05-03-2008, 02:38 PM
We usually just put decorations like a baby, booties, duckies ( not Donald) or something that denotes a baby mode.:stork:, :chicken: ( pretend this is a duck;)) or:babyroll:

conorsmom2000
05-03-2008, 03:39 PM
We also usually use "Showers of Happiness". For my shower, though, everyone knew I was having a boy, so my cake was baby Snoopy themed and my sisters had "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails....that's what little boys are made of" written on it, which I thought was adorable! :cloud9:

tinksmom02
05-03-2008, 05:25 PM
We did "Showers of Happiness" for my sis-in-law's shower last summer.

I like the "snips and snails," though!

Kairi_7378
05-03-2008, 07:57 PM
We did Congratulations Bob and Sue for one shower, Welcome Baby Smith for another one. If you don't like any of the other suggestions you've gotten here, I'd just have the bakery decorate the cake with blue items and not put anything on it at all.

Tink&Goofy
05-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I still remember what was on the cake at the baby shower for my first DD.
Good-bye tummy, Hello Mummy! :D

Terra
05-04-2008, 07:18 AM
I still remember what was on the cake at the baby shower for my first DD.
Good-bye tummy, Hello Mummy! :D

That is cute!!!

I didn't have anything written on my first cake with DS...Just decorations...

But my mom is throwing me a shower again this time around and we are having a Blessingway for the baby so we're going to have "God's many blessings upon you" I believe.

Flower
05-04-2008, 12:37 PM
A lot of stores are offering photographs to be imprinted on rice paper for cake pictures - you could do one of her ultrasound and say something like "Waiting to meet you" or "Can't wait to meet you"

Disney Doll
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
My shower cake said "Oh What a Joy, a Bouncing Baby Boy." I thought it was really cute.

ozmom
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
We have used both:

Happy Labor Day

and

Goodbye Tummy, Hello Mommy

:party:

A Big Kid
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM

That might be the funniest thing I ever read!

TheMartellFamily
05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Some bakeries have really cute cake ideas. Go to one and see what they have.