PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store sale and/or closing (merged threads)

Flower
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I am not sure if this is true for all Disney Stores, but I just called the store that is 45 minutes away from the house.(Scarborough Ontario)

The CM I spoke to said there is a TON of stuff on sale this weekend BUT everything is CASH ONLY at least until the end of the weekend due to Disney taking back the stores.

ps - she said this store is NOT closing!!! :clappy: :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Our Disney Store is doing cash and charge only starting Monday. And I just found out that all the Disney Stores around me are closing. The closest one will be about 1 hour away.:sob:

DizneyRox
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Our Disney Store is doing cash and charge only starting Monday. And I just found out that all the Disney Stores around me are closing. The closest one will be about 1 hour away.:sob:
Yes, it sounds more like a liquidation than a clearanc esale.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Hummm, maybe I need to get off the couch and run to our mall real quick to see what they have. Thanks for the tip.

crazypoohbear
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Hummm, maybe I need to get off the couch and run to our mall real quick to see what they have. Thanks for the tip.

Did you go????
What's the scoop

Gottaluvgoof
05-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok, this is very depressing. I just called one of the four Disney Stores here in St. Louis. I was told that liquidation would start on Monday, and that ALL the stores in St. Louis would be closed within the next 7 to 8 weeks. :mad::sad: I can't even imagine the mall without a Disney Store.

Altair
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I was told that liquidation would start on Monday, and that ALL the stores in St. Louis would be closed within the next 7 to 8 weeks.

I can't believe the Chesterfield store is closing, too. That store is really nice compared to most I've been in and always seemed to have many customers.:(

Dsnygirl
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
:mickey: Phew!!! I just called our Disney Store to check on them, and they're staying open!! They're the only one... Rochester & Buffalo are both closing. :( for my friends/family out there, but I'm so glad ours is safe!! (And they're not having that sale this wknd, either... I wonder if that's only for the stores being closed???)

Gottaluvgoof
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I can't believe the Chesterfield store is closing, too. That store is really nice compared to most I've been in and always seemed to have many customers.:(

I thought for sure ONE of them, either Chesterfield or Galleria would remain open. I called both Crestwood and Galleria and they both said ALL of them. UGH! I need to check on Fairview Heights, IL. Maybe they will be open. :unsure:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I went to our store and there was a sale but not a liquidation sale. We get to keep our store. YAY! But I asked the Asst. Mgr. to let me know when the liquidation sale at the other stores are happening.

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Frightening!! The Disney Store is like my "trip to Disney" when I can't afford to actually go to the real thing. I sure hope that our store is staying open. I will have to get to the mall tomorrow to check it out!! Keep your :fingers: for me!!

rnin02
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Oh no! I just went to the mall yesterday (and I never get to go) and walked by the Disney Store without going in. I hope ours is still there next time I manage to make it.

TikiGoddess
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
:(

Our store at Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester,CT is closing!!!

I was in there today and the CMs said that 89 stores are closing. The only one that will remain open in CT is the one at Westfarms Mall in West Hartford, CT. Thankfully that one is only about 30 min away from me, but I sure will miss the one in Manchester!! That's the mall we regularly go to and I just loved going in there for my piece of Disney.

They had a sign outside of the store saying, "We're sorry but... this location is" and then a paper covering the word 'closing'. I guess they're going to uncover it tomorrow and possibly then the sale/liquidation will start. The CMs couldn't tell us anything. I'm going to go in on Tuesday and see if there's any sales. Gotta stock up while I can!!

TikiG

Disney-4-Me
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Gottaluvgoof, even though it takes me almost an hour to get to the stores in St. Louis, at least I had one to go to. :(

Thanks for posting about ALL of them closing. Now I know I need to plan a trip soon. :(

KylesMom
05-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Went to the Westfield Fox Valley (Aurora IL) store on lunch today - its transparent that anything is going on. Yes, there are a few items on sale, but certainly nothing to indicate they are liquidating. I hope that means our store is remaining open!

thatkindofday
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I just got back from the mall here and our Disney Store is closing, along with most of the others in NC. I feel empty inside...maybe some really cheap disney t-shirts and beach towels will help cheer me up, though.

OhToodles!
05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
No more Disney in St. Louis!? That's so sad! :(
What are we going to do Gottaluvgoof and Altair?
I guess thank goodness we have the internet - I know it's not the same, but it's something.

TikiGoddess
05-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I went back to our Disney Store in Manchester, CT tonight to see if they had a sale going on... yup, the signs are up saying "everything must go" but the discounts are only 10-30% off (off original price). It would have been cheaper to buy most of the stuff BEFORE the liquidation sale. I'm going to wait and visit once a week, see how the sales go.

TikiG

Itchy
05-10-2008, 09:42 PM
We were at the Disney Store in St Peters, Mo today and the sales are 10 to 30 percent off marked items. There are no checks accepted only cash, credit card, and debit cards.

I had a coupon from Chase for an additional 15 percent off and with that I came out ahead a little:thumbsup:

They still have a good selection.

I asked the cast member when they were closing their doors for good, and she said they believed in mid June.

I cant believe that they are closing all of the stores in the St Louis area. I was told that the stores in Branson, Mo and the Kansas City area would remain open. Either way that is a 200 mile plus drive.:(

I hope they reopen one in the future here.

MickeyLa
05-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes, I saw that, too. I am so sad! Sure, you can shop online, but I went to the Disney Stores without something specific in mind. I'd just go looking, and often buy things just on a whim. I don't see myself doing that online. Bummer!

kakn7294
05-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm so sorry you're losing your store. We lost ours in Jan and I just found out yesterday that we're losing the next closest one - 30 min away - leaving the nearest stores over 1 hr away. It's a huge bummer to lose your store, isn't it?

J9
05-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know if the store in Willow Grove, PA is staying open?

grumpyguy
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
yup,my fears were confirmed this weekend.
a cm told us although the sales numbers were good corporate has a geographical plan and their sticking to it.i do have another in a mall a little further away but alas i hate to see anything disney go away.apparently two stores in the metro buffalo area is too much..

DisneyorBust
05-12-2008, 08:04 AM
We are losing 'our' Disney store too.
Was always a good place to stop in for a bit of the Magic.

Jenemmy
05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
MIne is going bye bye as well -- and the closest one will now be over an hour away. I was so darn conflicted last week when I was at our Disney store --- giddy at the good deals I was finding and then wanting to sob because the store was closing!

kakn7294
05-12-2008, 08:24 AM
We are losing 'our' Disney store too.
Was always a good place to stop in for a bit of the Magic.Eric, I found this out on Saturday. I was bummed as we lost our store (Beaver Valley Mall) in Jan but at least I had Robinson. The only store in the Pittsburgh area staying open is South Hills Village - it's over an hour from us and I imagine it's a pretty good drive for you too.

motherhamv
05-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Ours will close in 5-6 weeks. I don't even know where another one is, since I don't travel to other malls. If they were making the money, I don't know why they are closing.

Gottaluvgoof
05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
There are four stores in St. Louis, and ALL of them are closing. I don't get it. You would think they could at least leave one open. I am very disappointed. :mad:

luvdiznee
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
I found out on Saturday also that our Disney store is closing, too. :(The manager said something like they are closing 99 stores. :confused:

KathyMJ
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I have to share....I just called my local Disney Store in MA to see if they were one of the stores being closed. I am very happy to say that they are not! I did get a little bit of information from the CM. Apparently, The Children's Place (who had purchased the Disney Store's a few years back) is having financial problems. Disney has stepped in and bought back the stores that were doing a decent volume.

So, once again, the Disney Store is now owned and run by Disney....as it should be :mickey:
I'm very sad to hear of all the stores that are closing, but I must admit....I am thrilled that Disney is in charge again.

Kairi_7378
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
I am sad... we are loosing one of the nice local Disney Stores (Willow Grove PA). I wouldn't be surprised if we lost one of the Wilmington Ones as well, one of the locations has been relocated 2 times, always to a smaller and less prominent spot. I hope that the quality of the merchandise goes up! (I also hope that they start selling antenna balls at the local stores because some mean person stole mine!)

AZ Disney
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Our closed too at Arrowhead Mall. I think there are several others in the valley, but don't know if they are open any longer. My boys and I were shocked as we browsed the mall several weeks ago.

Madame Leona
05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
We are losing two Disney Stores. The one closest to our home already closed shortly after Christmas and the one about 30 minutes away jsut announced Monday they are closing. We have three malls within a half hour of our home and none of them will have a Disney Store. However, two malls that are an hour away (and very close to each other in my opinion) will both be keeping there stores. Did anyone look at a map when they started closing stores? I have to say though, I always find better prices online than in the store.

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Just found out that the one in Roanoke, VA is staying open!!:mickey:

Flower
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I was at the Scarborough ON store yesterday and was speaking with the manager. Apparently ALL of the Ontario stores are staying open and there is only 1 store in Canada closing in the maritime provinces. I am just happy that the closest store to me will remain open!!!!

My mom bought something yesterday and did not get free mouse ears. I wonder if that is only a US promotion - probably.

rnin02
05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
I think the store in Dulles Town Center in Virginia (Sterling) is staying open...I wasn't able to go in and ask (cranky kids along) but there were no big sale signs or anything.

Gottaluvgoof
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Yes, I saw that, too. I am so sad! Sure, you can shop online, but I went to the Disney Stores without something specific in mind. I'd just go looking, and often buy things just on a whim. I don't see myself doing that online. Bummer!

EXACTLY!!!! Besides, when you order on line, the shipping is usually more than another couple items in the stores. I am really bumming.

I never realized there were so many people from this area on Intercot! I guess this store closing made me more aware of my neighbors on here. At least I got something out of it. ;)

Polynesian Dweller
05-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I was at the Scarborough ON store yesterday and was speaking with the manager. Apparently ALL of the Ontario stores are staying open and there is only 1 store in Canada closing in the maritime provinces.
That's great news! I was wondering whether our local store would be affected and looks like it won't be. :yay: Thanks for the info.

chicklittlemom
05-13-2008, 01:51 PM
After reading this thread, I thought I better run in and check my closest Disney Store....
Sure, enough- CLOSING! :mad:

We've now lost all Disney stores in this area. There is one about an hour from us. But by the time you spend the money on gas, is it really worth it??
I can't begin to say how unhappy I am:angry: