Oct 19 - 21 Spyro Gyra

Oct 22 - 23 Otis Day

Oct 24 - 26 Expose

Oct 27 - 28 Kool and the Gang

Oct 29 - 30 Boyz 2 Men

Oct 31 - Nov 2 Atlanta Rhythm Section

Nov 3 - 5 David Cassidy

Nov 8 - 9 Los Lobos

I am a little dissappointed in the lineup. For the time frame we will be there I have never heard of the acts and to be honest I'm not really interested in the others either.:(

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-02-2008, 02:41 PM
When are you going?

We'll be there to see Jon Secada and Expose. Looking forward to seeing those two.

NJGIRL
05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
We will be there Oct 19th - 25. I don't know who any of these groups are.:confused:
When they first started these concerts they had alot of 80's bands. That's right up my alley. Most of these acts I have never heard of or am just not interested.

I would be happy with Journey, Def Leppard or Areosmith. lol

biodtl
05-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Rats! We'll get a chance to see En Vogue, which is cool, but I would like to see Johnny Lang and won't be able to because my ADRs, BBB and MNSSHP will have me in other parks.

NJGIRL
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Rats! We'll get a chance to see En Vogue, which is cool, but I would like to see Johnny Lang and won't be able to because my ADRs, BBB and MNSSHP will have me in other parks.

Their are mulitple shows during the day so if you have park hoppers you may be able to see them. Show times are 5:45, 7:00 & 8:15;)

Polynesian Dweller
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
We're going at the same time and I'm not that thrilled with the list but I am intrigued by Otis Day and the Knights. If it helps make things a bit better, they're from Animal House. If you've ever seen the movie they do a terrific rendition of Shout. Great oldies music.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Expose was a girl group from the 80's. They had hits like - "Point of No Return" and "Come Go with Me".

Spyro Gyra I'm not familiar with but they are a jazz band.

Mrs Bus Driver
05-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Eat to the beat? What is it?

disney100%
05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
We will be there Oct 19th - 25. I don't know who any of these groups are.:confused:
When they first started these concerts they had alot of 80's bands. That's right up my alley. Most of these acts I have never heard of or am just not interested.

My DH would love to hear those you listed too - but we are going the exact week you are and though this will be our first trip to the Food and Wine Festival, we are not so impressed with the line up either.

MickeyandTink
05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
We're going at the same time and I'm not that thrilled with the list but I am intrigued by Otis Day and the Knights. If it helps make things a bit better, they're from Animal House. If you've ever seen the movie they do a terrific rendition of Shout. Great oldies music.

I remember seeing Otis Day and the Knights in Boston back in 1982. It was a pretty good show, but that was 26 years ago. I'm not sure if it being 26 years ago makes me :old:, or if the fact they are still performing means I'm still young. :scratch:

MarkC
05-05-2008, 12:49 PM
If there are any blues fans, Robert Cray was in Animal House as one of the members of Otis Day and the Nights. Great band.

Also, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is a swing band that wears the old time "gangster" suits and hats, etc. They can really rock the place-- I would love to see them. They even had a couple of minor hits that several of you would recognize.

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2008, 06:41 PM
No Way!! I will have a tough time booking any less than 3 trips!! Thanks for the info!!:mickey::mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
This is an AMAZING lineup for this years F&W!! Just got off the line and have booked 4 nights on 2 trips already!! :mickey:

tundramom
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
:bang::crying::fit: I can't believe we're going to miss Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, they are one of my absolute faves! Anyone going 9/26-27 should check them out. It should be a great show!

Polynesian Dweller
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I remember seeing Otis Day and the Knights in Boston back in 1982. It was a pretty good show, but that was 26 years ago. I'm not sure if it being 26 years ago makes me :old:, or if the fact they are still performing means I'm still young. :scratch:

It makes us both young :D

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Okay for starters I LOVE all of the above mentioned bands!!!

Peabo Bryson sang the Beauty and the Beast theme song with Celine Dion. He also sang the Alladin theme song with Regina Belle.

There are a few bands from DH and my hayday. I am not old but I am begining to think the rest of the world may not think I am as young as I think I am.

We are actually there whem Los Lobos are there. They sang La Bamba from the Richie Valens movie. Great song.

Boys 2 Men had a ton of hits in the 90s. I would really love to see them. (It's So Hard to Say Goodbye and On Bended Knee where two huge hits) They sang a lot of acapella (sp?).

Check any of these people out on iTunes, they have a great selection of songs.

Kool and the Gang sang the song Celebration from the 80s.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Holy moley! BBVD?!?!?!? I am SOOOOOO going to see that show!

And Johnny Lang is a close second.....

But wow!!! I love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! I love swing music. You guys will know where to find me.

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Kool and the Gang sang the song Celebration from the 80s.

This will really date me but.....this song was very popular when we got married and I hated it so much I told my band that they were not allowed to play it no matter who ask for it.:blush:

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Eat to the beat? What is it?

It's a concert series at EPCOT during the Food and Wine Festival. It's held at the stage across from the American pavilion.

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
This will really date me but.....this song was very popular when we got married and I hated it so much I told my band that they were not allowed to play it no matter who ask for it.:blush:

I did that with the Chicken Dance and all of those other foolish songs.

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I did that with the Chicken Dance and all of those other foolish songs.

I hate those dances also. Is there really anyone who likes doing them?:confused: I would have to have many many :beer::beer::beer::beer::marg::marg::marg:before doing the chicken dance

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I hate those dances also. Is there really anyone who likes doing them?:confused: I would have to have many many :beer::beer::beer::beer::marg::marg::marg:before doing the chicken dance

I suppose someone out there thinks they are a blast! I would do the chicken dance, my children would find it fun, at a birthday party or something similar but not dressed up in my finery at a classy wedding or like event. I cannot even imagine being at a black tie fundraiser with everyone doing the chicken dance!

Disney-4-Me
05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
:dance:Kool and the Gang!:dance:

I get to see Kool and the Gang!
:mjump::goofy::donald:

MickeyandTink
05-06-2008, 07:53 PM
:bang::crying::fit: I can't believe we're going to miss Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, they are one of my absolute faves! Anyone going 9/26-27 should check them out. It should be a great show!

I'm right there with you. We were originally scheduled to go 9/27 - 10/04 on the free dining bounceback, so I would have had F&W the whole time AND BBVD.

However, the money we saved by moving the trip back to 9/06-9/13 will help buy a few :beer: and :marg: to ease the pain.

Belle_0717
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
DSis will be mad that she misses Jon Secada by 1 day. Think I will try to see him. Otis Day should be good too - especially if my parents come down. We leave on 10/24 and DSis and I were HUGE Expose fans - wish there was a concert at 10 am!

I'll be singing "Point of No Return" for the rest of the afternoon!