PDA

View Full Version : It happened to our store!

honeebee86
05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I am very sad to say that our Disney Store in S.Portland Maine will be closing after all :crying:. I won't go into all the messy details but I just wanted to let everyone know. This a very sad time for all of our store's Cast Members. I have only worked there for 7 months but I feel so close to every single one of the CM's. Everything is happening so fast! We just found out April. 30th and we begin liquidation Monday, May. 5th. I just want to thank each and every guest who has made being a Cast Member at the Disney Store one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences I have had. :party2:I made it my goal to try and bring a little magic into your lives and I am so happy I had the chance to. The thing I will miss most is being able to connect with guests due to the bond with Disney that we all have, and being able to work with the best bunch of CM's that the Disney Store could ever have! I look forward to the future, when hopefully one day I can bring more magic into your lives by working at Disney World (my dream job)!:cloud9:

katzctkpt
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Ours closed about a month ago in Charleston WV. I suppose one day I'll be at Disney working, as my DH has said for years, after retiring (-10yrs), he's going to work in Disney. I think he'd be a great Goofy.....:thedolls:

Jasper
05-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Sorry to hear about both of your stores closing! It is tough when any store closes and you lose your job but I am sure that with positive attitudes you will both find good employment elsewhere!

Tinkerfreak
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!!! Please say it isn't so!!!!!!! :sad::crying::angry::fit::cry:I go in there all of the time. Your co-workers must all have met me at one time or another. I am usually wearing my denim Tinkerbell jacket. I was just in there last Tuesday and bought a few things. That has always been my little piece of Disney away from the parks and I am literally depressed about it. I won't be able to go to the mall without feeling sad now.
I hope you get your dream job at Disney and I am so sorry that you are losing your job at the DS. I will stop in and cry with you all as soon as I can get up there. :grouphug:

DisneyWhirled
05-02-2008, 02:27 PM
OMG...I am so sorry!!

I frequent the Maine Mall store regularly, this is a complete disappointment for me and my family as well. This was our store to get a little "fix" of Disney. Not to mention, some great kids clothing and Disney Dollars!

I will stop by this weekend.

Take Care!

Flower
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I am SO sorry to hear that :cry:

Soul_Power
05-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that!

Are all of the Disney Stores slowly closing?

kakn7294
05-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm so sorry! We lost our store in January but I do have another one about 35 min away for as long as that lasts.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear your store is closing. Maybe once the transition is done, they'll start reopening stores.

honeebee86
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Thank you all for your kind word and support for our store as we go through this difficult time. I do hope that the Disney Store begins to make some better choices and turns the stores around in the right direction! Hopefully if they do, it will result in stores opening later down the line instead of closing! It means so much to me that you all care so much! I will let everyone know at store 6372 that Intercot is with us until the bitter sweet end!:mickey:

brewcrew26
05-04-2008, 07:50 AM
We're losing one of ours in the Milwaukee area. But the other one is staying open.

We stopped in yesterday to the one closing. Packed!! Everything was at least 40% off, but surprisingly they didn't have anything that I wanted! I couldn't even convince DH to get an Incredibles towel.