PDA

View Full Version : HBD or Mama Melrose for Fantasmic Package

faberj
05-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Not sure I want to use 2ts on HBD, unless it is really good and worth it. We have not dined at either location so looking for some suggestions.

Vinny
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Of the two restaurants you have listed, I have only been to the HBD. Having said that, the Brown Derby is a very good restaurant. The atmosphere is very relaxed. Also the servers are very prompt and always take the time to answer any questions that you may have. I agree that the HBD can be a little pricey (2 TS points as you noted) but if you like the offerings on their menu it is worth a shot. So far I have had both the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and Pan Seared Grouper there. The are still two of the best meals I have had in WDW. The atmosphere, great service, selection and quality of food have made the HBD one of my favorites.

PS: If you end up picking the HBD, tell your server when you are seated, that it is your first visit to the restaurant. They will give you the full HBD experience.

Have a nice trip!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
We have tried all of the restaurants offered with the package, and honestly I would go to Hollywood and Vine before going back to Mama Melrose. We were less than impressed with the food and the service there....and were pleasantly surprised and extremely happy with what we got at Hollywood and Vine. Go figure!

That said -- Have you ever had one of those "perfect" days? I have -- and one such day included an incredible meal at the Brown Derby with my DH, and my two DS's. Fabulous service and incredible food. It is all FULLY worth the two credits in my opinion. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
We went to MM on our last trip, and we just weren't impressed. It wasn't horrible, but it didn't stand out either. The food was OK and the service a little less than OK.

So, with all of the absolutely great things we've heard about Brown Derby, we're trying there this trip. I've never really heard an bad thing about Brown Derby, so we're using the 2TS credits, and are hoping it is as good as we've heard :mickey:

Vinny
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
We have tried all of the restaurants offered with the package, and honestly I would go to Hollywood and Vine before going back to Mama Melrose. We were less than impressed with the food and the service there....and were pleasantly surprised and extremely happy with what we got at Hollywood and Vine. Go figure!

That said -- Have you ever had one of those "perfect" days? I have -- and one such day included an incredible meal at the Brown Derby with my DH, and my two DS's. Fabulous service and incredible food. It is all FULLY worth the two credits in my opinion. :thumbsup:

I agree with you on the HBD and Hollywood & Vine. We were very impressed with the dinner we had on our trip last October despite the mixed reviews I read on Intercot. However, I would still go with HBD for the 2 TS points.

DebK
05-02-2008, 01:54 PM
We've been to both and prefer HBD hands down.....

Natazu
05-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I love Brown Derby and on the FDP, you get an appetizer. That makes it a better value by far then Mama Melrose. H&V is a pretty good buffet but it would be better to pay for it out of pocket and save the TS credits for something more expensive.

Jared
05-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I like Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano more than most people do, but The Hollywood Brown Derby is absolutely worth the two credits. That would be my recommendation.

:tasty: