PDA

View Full Version : Rate & Review Whispering Canyon Cafe

Jeff G
05-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll be posting two more restaurant polls this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried Whispering Canyon thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages:

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Boma - 3.54
Kona Cafe(Lunch/Diner) - 3.52
'Ohana - 3.49
Le Cellier - 3.40
Chef Mickey's - 3.31
Cinderella's Royal Table(Breakfast) - 3.24
Garden Grill - 3.21
Biergarten - 3.11
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
50's Prime Time Cafe - 2.94
Coral Reef - 2.75
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
San Angel Inn - 2.46
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

(Please note that my intent for the reviews is the full dining experience which includes food quality, entertainment &/or character interaction.)

KylesMom
05-02-2008, 11:52 AM
We've made Whispering Canyon an annual event during our trips. I can tell you that although we've only ordered the "all you can eat skillet", we've never been disappointed in the experience. DS loves the shenanigans, and DH & I enjoy the bbq sauce and the yard-arm beers. It's nice to travel to a restaurant where you consistently see the same servers from year to year!

katzctkpt
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Wasn't a big fan of WC. DH & DD order the skillet and I had the Salmon. I did take a bite of their skillet and wasn't too thrilled with the taste. I'm glad I chose the salmon. I would say I wouldn't ever go again but, definately not in the near future.

CU Tiger
05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Having lunch at the Whispering Canyon is a must for each visit for us. :thumbsup: The food is pretty good, but my DDs just love the entertainment. Especially when they make fun of their father.:D:mickey:

MickeyMousse
05-02-2008, 12:33 PM
While we were staying at WLV we ate dinner there twice. The food was very good, and of course the atmosphere was wonderful. It especially kept the kids entertained throughout the meal!!

c&d
05-02-2008, 12:46 PM
We ate there last Saturday morning before leaving and had a great time. The CM who served us was wonderful. The food was good and DS has decided to lay off scambled eggs since he had so much while eating there.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I am pretty certain I will be one of the few who will give this dining experience a "poor" rating. I think we just went on a really "off" day. The waitress was not even nice. She complained to us that she had just been "double sat" and she didn't have much time for us to decide what we wanted to eat. When our food arrived, she just threw our food down and ran off. There was no playing around/pranks with us...like we had heard about. The food was not great. For this reason, we will not chance it again. However, many people report having good experiences here. Best wishes to those who go.

KAT1811
05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
We enjoyed WC on our last trip. It was a nice change of pace. We also enjoyed looking around the WL. We will certainly dine there again.

elmjimmlm
05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I didnt enjoy my food but to see my DH do a Buttercup Dance was worth it...:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Very good, bordering on excellent! :mickey:

laward32
05-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I think it will be an every trip stop from know on. It was really good and a great experience. I didn't think my dad would like it, but he thought it was cool. The waitress really had fun with him and him with her. I think it is a definate don't miss.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I voted very good.

We like WCC, it is fun, and WL is just beautiful!

The food is good, we usually get the skillet, so we're always full when we leave, but we love the CM's who play along and the upbeat atmosphere!

It is such a change from the parks, we really enjoy it :thumbsup:

DDuck66
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I gave it an "excellent".
1. We have always enjoyed the food.
2. They will let you "play" if you want to,
3. or they will let you eat if that is all you want.

Spaceship Tigger
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I love both dinner and breakfast at WCC. It's been a while since I've had the skillet though. Need to go back...

Mrs.Mickey
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
So much fun and the food is great. They have the best milkshakes I have ever tasted in my life and the best part is that they are bottomless!

Seasonscraps
05-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I like the food but the noise kills me which is really the point of going there. I always tell DH that it should be named screaming canyon.

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 07:21 PM
It is funny how restaurants can vary so from night to night. On the evening we were there it was rather quiet. I expected it to be fairly rowdy but it was not at all on our night, nor was it loud, the brasserie we go to around here is much louder than Whispering Canyon.