PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe for Breakfast

faberj
05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
I am trying to decide between these two, please help.

Pixiepower330
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Well I have never been to Cape May but I love Chef Mickey's I guess that is why my family has eaten there at least 4 times!:tink:

RockinRollerMom
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
My vote is for Chef Mickey's. I haven't eaten at Cape May for breakfast only dinner, but have heard good things about their breakfast. (Dinner is great.) I love Chef Mickey for breakfast nad have never had a bad experience there. I think that Chef Mickey's is a little easier to get to in the morning. I think that either choice you will be happy with.

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I am trying to decide between these two, please help.If you are an Eeyore lover, have you considered an early seating at the Crystal Palace? .... and Stitch is at the fabulous breakfast at 'Ohana..... Just some more food for thought!

If you want to see the gang -- go to Chef Mickey's. Mickey isn't at Cape May.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Both are pretty good but my vote goes to Chef Mickey's especially if you have small kids (or are one yourself like me).

Jasper
05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
We did Cape May one time for breakfast and we were not very impressed with the quality of the food. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible or anything but it just didn't seem to be up to the standards we saw at other places including Chef Mickey's. It may be the fact that Chef Mickey's was always far busier than Cape May was so the food was replenished more quickly at Chef Mickey's than at Cape May. And then there was that classic line-up of characters at Chef Mickey's! As you can probably tell already our family definitely prefer Chef Mickey's over Cape May. But hey, Cape May wasn't horrible so look over everything and if Cape May looks like it is more to your family's likeing then go for it!

RockinRollerMom
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
faberj, I just noticed your travel dates. We will be at CSR Dec 2- Dec 9th!!!!

faberj
05-02-2008, 12:23 PM
faberj, I just noticed your travel dates. We will be at CSR Dec 2- Dec 9th!!!!

That is so cool! This will be our second time at CSR but our first time going in December. I am so excited!! :mickey:

faberj
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
If you are an Eeyore lover, have you considered an early seating at the Crystal Palace? .... and Stitch is at the fabulous breakfast at 'Ohana..... Just some more food for thought!

If you want to see the gang -- go to Chef Mickey's. Mickey isn't at Cape May.

I already have both of those on My list for other days! I just love Eeyore and Stitch :cloud9: well all of them for that matter! I really enjoy the char. meals :blush: Thanks for bringing it to me attention!!

merlinmagic4
05-02-2008, 12:34 PM
My vote is for Chef Mickey's although it will probably be easier to get into Cape May (we called just before our trip and got one but no Chef Mickey's to be had!). :mickey:

james alfieri
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
My family just got back from Disneyworld, and we loved Chef Mickey's. The food was great and the Characters were also great. We did not like the idea of forcing a picture on us, but other than that it was great!

tinkerbellybutton
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Chef Mickeys is definately our favorite, as a matter of fact I just made ADRs yesterday for our trip in September :mickey:

onjbj
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
You've probably already done this, but you should also take into consideration what you will be doing that day- I booked the Cape May breakfast on a day that Epcot has EMH in the morning. We'll eat breakfast and hop on into Epcot.

We booked Chef Mickey's for dinner on a day that we'll already be over that way in the MK.

Just another thing to consider. I've never done either place for breakfast, just Chef Mickey's for dinner.

WelshieLover
05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
My vote is for Cape May Cafe. The atmosphere there is so much more subdued. My family does not care for Chef Mickey's. I don't know how to explain it, but when we eat we want to enjoy our meal as well as see the characters. Chef Mickey's seems so rushed and almost too vibrant and definitely too noisy. Of course if you like that kind of thing then go with Chef Mickey's.

limegreenmonorail
05-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I've done all the character meals, including Chef Mickey's many times, and Cape May Cafe once. Chef Mickey's is far and away my favorite. Cape May is my absolute least favorite of all character meals. The food isn't up to par, the restaurant still smells fishy from the clam bake the night before, it's very quiet, and the characters are much more relaxed. In general, it's really kind of boring, and that's not something I look for in a character meal. Chef Mickey's has awesome food (and a much bigger selection on the buffet), is really exciting and fun (they have the Celebration every half hour, and Cape May has nothing like that), and the characters are hilarious here! Have fun!

Mackflava99
05-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Not even a close call- Cape may is excellent

Young@Heart
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
I can't speak about Chef Mickey's since we've never been (although we do have a dinner planned there for Aug :mickey:), but I can say that Cape May is second only to 1900 Park Fare on our list! Even above CRT! This is a must for each and every trip of ours. Not only is the food great, but the character interaction is as well. :dale::goofy::chip::minnie: