PDA

View Full Version : Oh no - Christmas week

hlkeck
05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
It occurred to me last night that instead of waiting for my 7 mo window to book a room I probably won't get for the week of Xmas...that I should have called and got my home resort (AKV) just to be sure. So, called bright and early this morning -- no dice. Nada. Nothin' available.

I take it the 21st and 22nd of December is going to be wall to wall people. :(

Any chance I will get in ANYWHERE at the 7 mo window?

Tinkermom
05-02-2008, 10:39 AM
It occurred to me last night that instead of waiting for my 7 mo window to book a room I probably won't get for the week of Xmas...that I should have called and got my home resort (AKV) just to be sure. So, called bright and early this morning -- no dice. Nada. Nothin' available.

Well I can tell you that we will be there. I am sure it will be packed. We are going 12/18-12/23.

Did you get on the waitlist? I would think there are folks who booked their home resorts at 11 months out "just in case". Get on the waitlist if you have not already. You may get lucky!

For future reference ALWAYS book 11months out at your home resort if you want to go to WDW any time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is the busiest time of year at DVC.

Grumpys Crew
05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
We will b at WL on the 19th-24 Dec. as well, but we made our reses. back in Feb as Christmas season books up early.

lockedoutlogic
05-03-2008, 10:40 AM

you'll probably be able to get OKW or SSR if you call at the 7 month window.....but dont' sit on it 1 day too long....

and yes.....it is a wall of people.....WDW is big....but not big enough to accomadate 500 million people worldwide having the same "great" idea to try to go on Christmas