PDA

View Full Version : VIP Tours Service

PoohGirls2
05-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Has anyone ever used the VIP Tours Service, or "The Plaids", while visiting the parks? What did you really get for $750.00?:jaw:

A friend who is going to WDW this summer was considering using this service if there was the chance she could get taken in back entrances and go to the front of the line. Isn't that a thing of the past? I tried to find previous post on this but couldn't. Any personal experience with this that I could pass along would be great.

TheRustyScupper
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Guides

1) Do not get you into Back Entrances
2) Do not get you Front of the Line entry, other than using Fast Pass
3) Do not get you special privileges
4) Do give you a lot of information
5) Do help you to navigate the parks
6) Do help in saving time, since they know park patterns

NOTE: Tour Guides service is $125/hr with as 6-hr minimum, plus you buy their food.

ltam16
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't help you with any ifo. But, we just got back last week and I was amazed to see so many "plaids" with such young families. How do they afford it??

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
. . . I was amazed to see so many "plaids" with such young families. How do they afford it?? . . .

1) Not all "plaids" are paid VIP guides.
2) Many are gratis.
3) Some examples of free guides
. . . Extreme Home Makeover family members
. . . true VIP's (Level-1 and some Level-2) *
. . . Make-A-Wish families, if requested
. . . People listed by Sales/Marketing Dept
. . . People listed by Vice Presidents and above

* There are three levels of VIP's. I won't mention how they are rated, but Level-3 can be easily attained, and some Level-2's.

Friend of Figment
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I've never used this service, but on the Travel Channel Season of Disney they showed a family who did. The parents said the benefit to them was that for one day they could just focus on their kids and not be worrying about getting the fast passes or figuring out where to go next. Usually of course one parent is always running to do something while the other is watching the kids. It's very expensive, but I can see how it would be worth it to a family.