PDA

View Full Version : Quick DDP Questions

bc002k
05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm leaving for WDW tomorrow morning (!), and going to be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I rec'd a panphlet explaining it..there's one part that confuses me though. It recommends to tell your server or cashier that you're going to be redeeming your dining credits prior to ordering.

Now this makes total sense for TS restaurants..obviously we would tell the waiter/waitress beforehand, that way they'll know we get appetizer/entree/dessert. However, I'm confused how this process would work for CS places. Typically, isn't the cashier totally separate from the cast members you actually order from? The way the instructions sound, you tell the cashier you're on the DDP, then go into the line to order..but who's to say you'll actually 'check out' with that same cashier? I'm just a tad bit confused here..but maybe it's not a big deal (We probably won't be eating much CS anyway).

Also, one more question..snack credits work for items under $4. Say I purchase a bottled water and a cookie, and it only totals $3.99 for both. Or two bottled waters? Not sure if those scenarios are even possible given WDW's prices, but at any rate...Would this have to count as two snack credits since there's two different items? Or does it go by the grand total?

Thanks!! :mickey:

bicker
05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
One reason to tell them you're using the Dining Plan is so they can help you note what items are and are not included. So tell both the person taking your order and the cashier, if they are separate.

Dining Plans snacks are one item only. The $4 threshold is not an allowance (and isn't even a hard-and-fast rule -- many items less than $4 are excluded).

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Have a great trip! We leave next week, and I can't wait :mickey:

We've always had a good experience when telling people we're on the DDP, they help ensure that we know what is included and what isn't. At a couple of places, they've given us way more than we thought was included! At the CS places we used, you gave your order and paid with one CM, and then got your food from another...but they didn't need to know if you were on the Dining Plan or not.

The snacks have been the tricky part...again though, the CM's have always been helpful at getting us sorted out :)

Have a great trip!

TheDuckRocks
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
CS places and the carts will have a sign with purple DDP marking for what is included for snacks. Stores like the Main Street Confectionery don't have the signage, the rule is pretty much under $4 and it must be a single serving size. Example; a carmel apple or a 79 cent bag of pretzels - yes, a $1.69 bag of pretzels - no.
When in doubt ask!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I am not sure on this one but it might be so the meal gets charged to your DDP credits and not to your room. Since everything is on your key to the world card maybe they have to select a payment method to ensure your account is charged correctly. We also have had great experiences with CM's helping us get the most out of our DDP.