PDA

View Full Version : When MVMCP is sold out are the crowds bad

carrie051102
05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I know that they only sell a certain amount of tickets for the Christmas Party. If we attend on a day that is at capacity will the crowds be really bad. We are planning on attending on Sunday Dec 7th, what do you think of this day. I have a son that will be 15 months old, I want to have the least crowds possible.

TheRustyScupper
05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
1) If it is a sell-out or near sell-out, expect massive crowds.
2) The activities are staged in very few locations.
3) 22,000 people, or so, fill up those lands pretty well.
4) It can be shoulder-to-shoulder.

NOTE: Typically, specialized activities associated with the parties use Main Street, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. It can get to be a mob scene in those areas.

RockinRollerMom
05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
I went to MVMCP last year and to the best of my knowledge it was not sold out. (I overhead a CM saying that it looked to be one of the slower nights they had sr far.) I went on a Tuesday in early December. The lines for the rides were vert short, we basicly walked on any ride that we wanted. But even with the "lighter" crowds, the shows and parades were very crowded. I think that you going on a Sunday is better than going on a Friday or Saturday. (Locals tend to go on the weekends.) The best choice is to go on a weekday. If this is a possibility for you, I'd highly recommend it since you are concerned about crowds. If it is not, I think Sunday should be just fine. MVMCP was a blast. The parade was the best parade I have EVER seen at Disney. :thumbsup:

nemo'smom
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
My family and I went last year on a friday in the middle of Dec. Like the 15th I think and it was suppose to be a sold out night and the crowds were not bad at all. The lines for the rides were very short. Our longest wait said like 20 minutes and it ended up bring 5 or so minutes. We rode everything that we had planned on riding and even had time to go shopping. I would go on one of those night a hundred times over a reg day

MarkC
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I think you'll also find it similar to EMH, i.e. the first hour or two will be pretty crowded, but by the end of the night the lines will be almost non-existent and you may be able to stay on some of your favorite rides 2-3 times in a row.