PDA

View Full Version : How fast to the MVMCP tickets sell out

carrie051102
05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I know the tickets for the Christmas Party just went on sale today, but I will not have a final count on my party size for a couple of days. Will I still be able to get the date I need? We are planning on going either Dec 4, or Dec 7th. Thanks for any info!!

CaptainSad
05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Last year I ordered mine for Dec. 18th and 20th. in late July. I don't think you have to rush.

RockinRollerMom
05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Last year I bought tickets for the same time frame mid September. :mickey:

snerd475
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Don't worry. There are so many dates, you have plenty of time. I bought mine at the beginning of October last year, right after coming back from the MNSSHP.

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2008, 09:39 AM
We go around that time and we order them maybe 3-4 weeks before. You have plenty of time:mickey:

bigbabyblues
05-03-2008, 03:39 PM
We're going 11/20, and I haven't ordered those tickets yet but I think I have plenty of time, it's a Thursday night, too.

We are thinking we might want to go 11/21 also, but I'll have to wait until closer to our trip, or possibly buy them the day of, and I'm hoping it doesn't sell out. I guess if it does, we won't go! Any thoughts on this one? It's the Friday before Thanksgiving, and I haven't seen anywhere that it sold out last year, so here's hoping....

scootch713
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
We went mid november last year on a thursday night, and it was so packed it looked like summer.... i wonder how high they took the count to even make it a sell out. It was awful.

Strmchsr
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Weeknights usually don't sell out until very close to time, if they do at all. Often on weeknights you can get tickets the day of the party, though not always. Weekends sell out fairly quickly, so keep that in mind in your planning.

baby minnie's mommy
05-06-2008, 02:09 PM
We're going 11/20, and I haven't ordered those tickets yet but I think I have plenty of time, it's a Thursday night, too.

We are thinking we might want to go 11/21 also, but I'll have to wait until closer to our trip, or possibly buy them the day of, and I'm hoping it doesn't sell out. I guess if it does, we won't go! Any thoughts on this one? It's the Friday before Thanksgiving, and I haven't seen anywhere that it sold out last year, so here's hoping....

:confused: Isn't 11/20 Thanksgiving this year? I'm curious about ticket sales the Friday after Thanksgiving (11/21), since DH has that weekend off.

KAT1811
05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
:confused: Isn't 11/20 Thanksgiving this year?

Thursday, November 27th is Thanksgiving this year.

We are planning on attending the Sunday, November 16th MVMCP. Do you think we need to buy them before we leave home or can we just buy them when we check in (11/7) or even better the day of (in case the children are not up for it)?

Strmchsr
05-06-2008, 04:10 PM
We are planning on attending the Sunday, November 16th MVMCP. Do you think we need to buy them before we leave home or can we just buy them when we check in (11/7) or even better the day of (in case the children are not up for it)?

It's a tough call. You'll probably still be able to get tickets the day of, but that's not guaranteed and it's up to you whether or not you want to take the risk.

baby minnie's mommy
05-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Sorry if I confused anyone - for some reason I thought Thanksgiving is the third Thurs.! Now I need to go back and look at the party dates again...:blush:

LoriMistress
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Tickets that run on Friday and Saturday normally sell out fairly quickly. If you're planning to go to MVMCP closer the Christmas, they tend to sell out quickly.

lightyearfan
05-08-2008, 10:03 AM
no need to worry last November me and dw decided to visit WDW for the first time for the holidays, and we were able to get our tickets for the second weekend in Dec. with no problems. we can't wait to do it all over again, this December.:mickey:

Victor