PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Chef Mickeys

bupper_wj
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
We will be traveling to DW in 12 Days!!!!:party: We have booked Chef Mickeys for Sat. night at 8:50pm for our son's 4th birthday. Will they sing Happy Birthday to him? Also i heard we can get a cake delievered from disney to Chef Mickeys for his dinner/party, has anyone ever got a cake from them and what are the options on the cake?:number1::party:

Thanks

momof3+twins
05-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I think you can get a cake. Call Disney Dining and ask them. Also, I believe they sang to my niece on her birthday. Have fun!

minnie1956
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't believe you can expect a cake for "free".
I believe you can tell the person when you check in that you are celebrating a special birthday. They might bring him a cupcake with a candle on it and sing.

good luck!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I ordered a birthday cake for my DH 2 years ago when we ate at LTT. I had the choice of white or chocolate. There was a fondant type of icing on top with Mickey on it. It was really cute. It was only $10.oo...I think. LTT also decorated our table with mickey ears confetti. My DH was very surprised. I think this would be very special for your child. I am sure it will be a special evening for him no matter what. Have fun!

TheRustyScupper
05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
1) Birthdays get a birthday cupcake.
2) Small cakes (10") can be bought at the restaurant.
3) Special cakes must be ordered 24-48 hrs in advance.
4) All cakes are at an extra cost.
5) Usually all birthdays get mass-celebrated.

6) Extras, based upon how the CM's feel that day and how they like you
. . . a character will usually acknowledge the birthday by stopping by
. . . a character might fool around with the child
. . . a CM might place some pixie dust on the table
. . . a CM may give a free cake

NOTE: The extras described above are based solely on the initiative of the individuals CM's. If they happen, be pleased. If they do not happen, do ot be disappointed.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't know if they still do this or not but last September we celebrated my son's birthday at chef mickeys and he got a special laminated placemat with autographs on it that says chef mickeys. He loves to use it! It was nice, we opted for the cupcake and candle since we really did not want extra cake, there is always extra cake! We did not want the hassle or have to carry it back on the bus back to the resort. We only had 4 with us.

I do belive Donald came over while we sang and posed a little longer than usual with my son to make him feel special. It was nice.

tinkerbellybutton
05-02-2008, 02:50 AM
In the summer of '06 we took my God son to Chef Mickeys for breakfast on his birthday. They did the cupcake with candles thing and when they celebrated all of the birthdays in the room they also had everyone waving their napkins and made a really huge deal about it. He loved it. The characters seem to make a big deal of the birthdays too. He also got a placemat with the signatures and it said happy birthday also. We're actually going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast for my birthday in Sept. on the free dining plan. Not just for the cupcake though ;) Tell your little one to have a great birthday!!! Don't forget to get him an "It's my birthday" pin at guest services at whatever parks you visit that day.

DisneyBunch
05-02-2008, 08:21 AM
We've done several character meals in the past while celebrating a birthday. As stated in some of the previous posts, your child will get a birthday "muffin" and will have happy birthday sung en masse, along with every other child there who is celebrating a birthday. You can purchase a cake with advanced planning, for an additional cost. This restaurant is normally very busy and the character interaction at individual tables can sometimes be limited.
Our favorite character meal choice to celebrate a birthday is Garden Grill, hands down. There you get a small cake at no additional cost (enough to feed 8-12) and some of the characters are brought to your table especially to sing happy birthday to your child. Of course the neighboring tables are invited to sing along, and they usually do. Your child gets more individualized attention at Garden Grill. Either way, your child will enjoy the experience because of the character presence. Good luck and have fun!:mickey::party::party2:

katzctkpt
05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
We had a cake ordered for our daughter when we ate at 1900 Park Fare. The cake had the best taste. I think we ordered the 8 in one and they said it would feed 10 people. We had 12 in our party and still had cake left. We ended up asking the waiter if any of the staff would eat it if we left it. He said it would not go to waste. Also, I believe they sang Happy Birthday to her. You have to tell the Hostess upon checkin about the bday and order the cake 24-48 hrs in advance.

Jared
05-02-2008, 09:47 PM
The Cast Members will definitely come sing the birthday song to your son and bring a special cupcake. Just inform the host at the podium you are celebrating.

If you want a traditional birthday cake, just call the regular dining number a day or two before you meal to place the order and review the options.

:tasty:

homeschool mom
05-03-2008, 10:52 AM
We celebrated our 2 DDs 16th and 13th birthdays there last May. When we walked in after getting our photo taken, a birthday song was playing over the speaker system. I never heard it again while we were there and so I assumed they played it for our girls after seating our party. When we got our photo taken, we told the photographer that we were celebrating birthdays and they added a "Happy Birthday" in the corner with a picture of Mickey. None of the CMs offered to sing to my girls, but when Minnie came to our table and we told her we were celebrating birthdays, she motioned for the birthday girls to come and stand with her while she "sang"/directed us to sing Happy Birthday to them. Then she gave them both a kiss on the cheek. We were also seated next to a wall where there is a large painting of Mickey and a birthday cake and the word "Celebrate." I don't know if that was chance or the plan. There was confettini on our table and the girls each recieved a laminated placemat with photos and signatures from Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. They each also recieved a cupcake with a candle in it. It was a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday even if most of what happened was by chance.