PDA

View Full Version : 2002 theme park tickets

NJGIRL
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I was getting rid of old credit card bills and came across a receipt for our Disney tickets from 2002.

These were 4 day (we had days left on other tickets on that trip due to driving in 10/2001 ) park hopper with no experation tickets.

Adults in 2002 includung tax 203.52
Child in 2002 including tax 161.12

The same tickets for 2008 are:
Adults not includung tax 302.00
Child not including tax 268.00

Imagineer1981
05-01-2008, 04:47 PM
While it sad to say, yes ticket prices have gone up, fortunately so have every competitor. Universal is equally expensive and even Six Flags now will cost you 40 bucks

#1donaldfan
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Just think what our kids and grandkids one day will be saying about the ticket prices.....:ill:

NJGIRL
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Universal is equally expensive and even Six Flags now will cost you 40 bucks

We have 7 day tickets to Universal that cost us $70. Universal is a much better deal.

MickeyandTink
05-02-2008, 10:57 AM
We have 7 day tickets to Universal that cost us $70. Universal is a much better deal.

I'm two hours away from Six Flags over Texas and can get a season pass for $47 a person. Of course with gas prices, parking, hotel and food costs, it would still cost our family of four $200-250 each trip too go down for a two day visit. Still a lot cheaper, but it doesn't have the magic of WDW. :cloud9:

paragon
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
LOL, I'm soooooo old, In my hand right now is a 3DAY TICKET, which was used over a TEN YEAR period, with the first date being Oct 1982 the last date was Sept 1992!!!!! the price on the back says: $35.00!!!! The CM at the gate wanted to buy it from me because it was so old! I've got another 5 Day Super Duper pass with a price of $153.88 on the back!

NJGIRL
05-05-2008, 08:50 AM
LOL, I'm soooooo old, In my hand right now is a 3DAY TICKET, which was used over a TEN YEAR period, with the first date being Oct 1982 the last date was Sept 1992!!!!! the price on the back says: $35.00!!!! The CM at the gate wanted to buy it from me because it was so old! I've got another 5 Day Super Duper pass with a price of $153.88 on the back!

That is so funny. I wish I would have kept my old tickets also!

CaptainSad
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM

Where did you get $10 dollar tickets?

Gottaluvgoof
05-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Universal does have the very inexpensive multi day tickets, BUT, if you want express pass when you get there, you have to pay for that. We went last year in June and paid $30 a DAY for the Express pass. So, in the long run, you aren't getting a good deal, unless you like standing in 120 minute lines. :(

Actually, we are going to Disney in September and our tickets to the parks, dining plan, and resort stay are averaging like $57 per person, per day. Can't beat it!

Gottaluvgoof
05-06-2008, 09:32 AM

I'm two hours away from Six Flags over Texas and can get a season pass for $47 a person. Of course with gas prices, parking, hotel and food costs, it would still cost our family of four $200-250 each trip too go down for a two day visit. Still a lot cheaper, but it doesn't have the magic of WDW. :cloud9:

Our Six Flags passes in St. Louis are 64.99. I think we're getting ripped off!!!! :mad:

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Universal does have the very inexpensive multi day tickets, BUT, if you want express pass when you get there, you have to pay for that. We went last year in June and paid $30 a DAY for the Express pass. So, in the long run, you aren't getting a good deal, unless you like standing in 120 minute lines. :(

We have never been in line at Universal for 120mins. Our waits there have never been more than 15 - 20 mins. We visit Universal for three days with each Orlando visit and many rides are no longer than a 10 min wait and we have never bought their express passes.

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Where did you get $10 dollar tickets?

You can go on Universal's Web site and they run specials all the time. I bought these a couple of months ago. They were $70 unlimited for 7 consecutive days starting with the first day you use the ticket. You can also go back and forth between the two parks at no extra charge.

Mary M
05-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Universal is a much better deal.

Except then you have to go to Universal. ;) :stitch2:

Gottaluvgoof
05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
We have never been in line at Universal for 120mins. Our waits there have never been more than 15 - 20 mins. We visit Universal for three days with each Orlando visit and many rides are no longer than a 10 min wait and we have never bought their express passes.

You must have been very lucky. We went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last June, and the lines were incredibly long. If not for the Express Pass, we would have only been able to ride the most unpopular rides. Spider Man, the Hulk, Jaws, Men In Black, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, etc, all had VERY long lines. My sister was on a business trip and was only able to go two of the days, of our five day passes. If we had not bought the Express Pass, she wouldn't have been able to ride the good rides. Also, when you do purchase the Express Pass, it is only good on each ride ONE time a day. I think it is a total ripoff. Don't get me wrong, I USED to love Universal, but that was when the express pass was free, as is the fast pass.

NJGIRL
05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
You must have been very lucky. We went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last June, and the lines were incredibly long. If not for the Express Pass, we would have only been able to ride the most unpopular rides. Spider Man, the Hulk, Jaws, Men In Black, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, etc, all had VERY long lines. My sister was on a business trip and was only able to go two of the days, of our five day passes. If we had not bought the Express Pass, she wouldn't have been able to ride the good rides. Also, when you do purchase the Express Pass, it is only good on each ride ONE time a day. I think it is a total ripoff. Don't get me wrong, I USED to love Universal, but that was when the express pass was free, as is the fast pass.

This has been our experience every time we have gone so I don't think it's luck, it might have something to do with the time of year that we go. As far as the express pass being a rip off I agree with you and I would never spend the extra money to buy it. But I also think the park hopper tickets at Disney are a rip off and won't buy them either.

Gottaluvgoof
05-08-2008, 01:03 PM
This has been our experience every time we have gone so I don't think it's luck, it might have something to do with the time of year that we go. As far as the express pass being a rip off I agree with you and I would never spend the extra money to buy it. But I also think the park hopper tickets at Disney are a rip off and won't buy them either.

I never pay for them either. I just don't see a need for the hopper. I can easily spend an entire day at each park, so I am not going to spend the extra for a hopper. Also, I don't exactly enjoy waiting for the buses, so once I'm at a park, I'm there for the duration. Why add all the additional bus rides? (Or should I say waits?)

caryrae
05-08-2008, 04:07 PM
makes me wish I had a bunch of money to buy a few 10 day no expire tickets. How much will the prices go up in another 6 years if it went up 100 bucks the past 6 years?