PDA

View Full Version : Very Important Thought - Not a Lecture!

TheSorcererofFantasia
05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I've been on these boards for many years now, as with life I sometimes disappear when in hospital/surgery or pitching in with the construction company we own. Even when I am not posting I attempt to read posts to keep up when I can.

In life we all complain, have things that irk us, nit pick, bad days, get made at people, fight, argue, take loved ones for granted etc. Those of you who really know me know that I live by the words I have in my signature! Sure many have probably read it and chuckled, rolled their eyes, or thought I was nuts but never really thought about what it said.

Very unexpectedly, my husband of 17+ years, suddenly and instantly passed away April 7, 2008 at 1pm at the age of 52 eight days short of his birthday. There were absolutely no warning signs, he was a healthy hard working man, and always believed there would be tomorrow. One moment he was his normal ole self joking with me and as I left him I told him I loved him and kissed him before I ran an errand. In less than 45 mins he was gone. I am so grateful my last words to him was that I loved him.

Please, Please make peace with those who are important in your life, never say things you can't take back, never go to bed angry with anyone, tell those close to you that you care about them and love them and do it often. Tell your wife/husband/children daily when you part that you love them. Remember we never know when there may be no tomorrow!!!!

End of rant.

Group Hug

CLARIFICATION: I'm beyond embarrassed and ashamed at the moment. Pete is alive and well!!!!

I was still legally married to Geo, for business reasons and our children but we were separated and lived our own lives for the past few years. Ironic we were just getting ready to do the paperwork. We remained dear friends and I had the pleasure of him giving me 20 years together. You all may think it odd that I still 'love him' and 'kissed' him hello and goodbye each time I saw him. He will always be a part of me and will always love him thought things didn't work for us anymore.

Even though I had started a new chapter in my life that includes Pete, it will never take away from what I did have. Geo knew this and wished me well. No regrets.

The whole point of my text is NEVER take important people in your life for granted and assume they know you care about them. NEVER count on there being tomorrow. I'm so glad I didn't.

Gooftroop5
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
:hug:

So sorry for your loss. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

offwego
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
What a positive thought to remind us all in the midst of your loss. My symapthies and prayers will be with you at this time.

A very good reminder that we should all make the most of each day.

Mickey'sGirl
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh Cher! I am so sorry for your loss -- but so happy that you told him you loved him! I remember meeting you at the anniversary in October (Your husband won a costume prize I think...). I try to live by your words...and am very thankful for every day that I have with my incredible children and my true partner Brian. Life is good and my world is full of love.

Thank you for your inspirational thoughts and my thoughts are with you! :pixie:

tinkerbellybutton
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry.:hug: I am so glad for you that you have the comfort of knowing your last words to your husband were those of love from the heart. I try to live my life that way as well, there is never a day that I don't let people (even my friends) know that I love them. I lost my brother suddenly when I was 8 and we had had a fight that morning, I will never be able to change that and since then I have done everything different. Some think it's a corny saying but one of my favorites is "Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present." You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. :pixie:

prprincess
05-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But how comforted you must feel that your husband left this world knowing how much you loved him.

Your advice is definitely something I need to keep reminding myself of everyday.

Ian
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh Cher, I'm so sorry ... and we had such a great time hanging out with you guys at Jellyrolls during the 10th anniversary celebration ...

You have my deepest condolences. My Father passed away suddenly like that at only 55 years old, so I know how terrible it is to lose someone close to you at such a young age.

Please let me know if we can do anything to help.

JPL
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Cher sorry for your loss :(

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Like Ian I really enjoyed the time we had together at the 10th with you guys.

Tink1
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Cher, I am so deeply sorry. I, too, really enjoyed your husbands company at the meet. he was such a good sport to deal with all of us (and he was one cute pirate as well)It was evident how much you loved him, and how very much he loved you.

On behalf of all of us at Magical Journeys, we send prayers and thoughts your way to help you through this.

Nanci

T-Belle
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Cher, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. And in your grief you have found words of wisdom that we should all live by. Thank you and God bless.

Jeff G
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Cher, I am so sorry for you loss. Your words are very wise and guiding. In todays world it is easy to get caught up in everything going on and it's easy to forget these little things. Thanks for the reminder.

alpro2
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I am so sorry Cher. I was fortunate enough to have met him twice (October and last summer in NYC). Our thoughts are with you and your family.

John
05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Cher:

I too enjoyed the time we had together for the 10th (especially Jellyrolls) and other times we have met over the years at ICOT events. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for your words of wisdom in this most difficult of times.

JOHN

SBETigg
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Cher, what sad and stunning news! I'm sure any one of us can imagine it happening, but then we think oh no, not now, not us. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I thank you for passing on this thought. :hug:

WDWFanatic
05-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Cher, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Cher, I am so sorry for your loss -- what a terribly hard thing to go through, even though you and Geo had "moved on" and were living separate lives. What wonderful thing that you still had such love between you -- that is rare in this world, and was a gift indeed.

As I am the first person to post since your "clarification", I guess I will also be the first to say I was relieved to read it... I truly enjoyed meeting you & Pete last October -- our pirates sure were cute, weren't they?? :cloud9: -- and it would have saddened me greatly to know that the funny, sweet guy we met had passed away. I'm sure you know it doesn't change my sorrow for you at the loss of your husband - but I'm sure that Ian and Jenn and the others that met Pete will also be relieved when they read that that he is indeed "alive & well"!! :)

Thank you for the reminder that each moment is indeed a gift, esp. those spent with the ones you love - I'm sure Geo was well aware of your love for him, and carried it with him.

I wish you much peace at this difficult time, and much happiness to you & Pete as you move ahead with your lives. :hug:

Nascfan
05-01-2008, 01:30 PM
My heartfelt condolences go out to you as you grieve your loss. May the Lord give you comfort and strength. :hug:

And thank you for your words of advice. Something tragic shouldn't have to happen to remind all of us to care for the ones we love, but often it does.

Stitchahula
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss. It is refreshing to hear that you love your husband even though you were no longer together. It seems like all you ever hear about is nastiness. so 2 people that still loved eachother that were moving on in different directions is great not strange. I once heard an expression that sums up what you've said, it's words are like tooth paste once they're out you can't put them back. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

MissStyles
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Cher I also met you in October, briefly.....I'm so sorry this had to happen to Geo. I appreciate the strength you have for sharing this with all of us here because hopefully it will touch many people and have them really think about the line in your signature. I really respect that kind of relationship that you had...because most of the time something like that is unheard of. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope that with time your heart may heal a bit. Remember his love will always be surrounding you. :angel:

offwego
05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Cher, Regardless of your update it's clear from your thoughts and actions that Geo had a signficant role in your life and of course your childrens lives. (though I am relieved to hear the wonderful partner we'vecome to know via your reports etc is alive and well)

RedSoxFan
05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Cher -- so sorry about your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

MsMin
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sorry I didn't get to meet you last October too. It's sad when ppl learn when it's too late.

Jeff
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I too am sorry for your loss but commend you for your wise words of advice to all.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you two were still friends since that left no regrets and what if's after he was gone. My sympathies on your loss.

BluewaterBrad
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Right On.:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
:hug: Cher, I'm so sorry to hear of you and your childrens loss. It is great that you two had such a great relationship.

I agree with your thoughts. Life is too short even if you live to 100. Unfortunately too many people don't feel that way and would rather have the drama of it all. After being deathly ill a couple of years ago I try to let things go. There are many more things to worry about in life that you can't control.

You and your family will be in our thoughts.

Jasper
05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! Even though I never had the privilage of meeting you or your "husbands" you are still in my thoughts. And as for your clarification- other than clearing up who actually passed away who are we to judge your situation!! If your situation worked and made everyone happy then it is a good thing!