PDA

View Full Version : I hate to ask again but....

Stitchahula
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
:( I hate to ask again but my little boy needs your prayers and pixie dust again. I'm not sure if you remember but my 5 year old has Diamond Blackfan Anemia(it's a rare type of anemia where your body doesn't produce red blood cells). He had been in remission but has come out and needs another transfusion. We are heading into the hospital tomorrow for him to get some blood. He was so cute asking mommy I don't understand why did they take out blood if they just need to put it back in. It is so hard to explain somethings to him but thankfully this one I could just tell him that they needed to take out just a little bit to see if his body was making blood or if we needed to have him get some put in. He's so brave he handles this so well considering how badly he was treated a month ago in the emergency department when he needed an IV and the male attendant pinned him to the bed before we could say anything. Needles to say I've complained about this and sent a letter to the hopital informing them that if it ever happens again we will request an ambulance transport to a different hospital. I feel so helpless and it kills me that my son has to go through this all the time. I would be ok if it were me but not my kids. It's so hard to know if I'm making the right choices for him I could try him on steriods to see if they work but they have their own nasty side effects. We also don't know if the steriods would work they don't on every patient. I know I'm going to hold off on that for a little while and hope he goes back into remission. So we could really use some pixie dust and prayers for my little boy. Thanks

Jeff G
05-01-2008, 09:37 AM
:pixie: coming your way. Your brave little man will be our prayers as well.

ElenitaB
05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Prayers and :pixie: that they hit on the right combination of drugs and he goes back into remission VERY quickly!

mrsgaribaldi
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I remember the story last time. I'm sure he will have a better time from now on. I'm sorry that he has to go through this. Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
:pixie::pixie: Sending as much pixie dust and as many prayers your sweet little boy's way as possible!! I hope things go better for him this trip into the hospital, and that he's back into remission as soon as possible!! :pixie::pixie:

Hayden's Dad
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
PRAYERS AND PIXIE DUST FROM A DADDY WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE A SICK SON AND A HORRIBLE HOSPITAL. WE NOW TAKE OUR SON 30 MILES DOWN THE ROAD TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.

:pixie::pixie::hug:

ljv1975
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
:pixie: :pixie:

Your family will be in my thoughts! I hope that all goes well and your son is feeling better soon.

:hug:

Gooftroop5
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Hope he is in remission soon.

:number1: brave little boy.

If we could only take our child's problem & make them our own. :hug:

tinkerbellybutton
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Sending your precious little boy truck loads of pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: and a few extra helpings for you as well. :pixie: :pixie: You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he is back in remission soon.

scottgr
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Sending you prayers and some pixie

Zippy 1
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: You and your son will be in my prayers. I hope everything turns out well.

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Lots of :pixie: on the way for your little guy. Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time. Keep us updated.

Stitchahula
05-01-2008, 02:45 PM
thanks everyone. The hospital isn't horrible it's just the emergency department. I love his doctors and nurses in the hemotology /oncology department.I do wish I could do this instead of him. He is atleast looking forward to hanging out with his friends there and seeing what kind of new movies they've got now. I would also like to thank everyone that donates blood you have no idea how thankful we are. you really are heros. If it wasn't for donors my little boy wouldn't be here so thank you so much.

SBETigg
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Best wishes for you and your brave boy. May all go easy and well.

Jeri Lynn
05-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Many prayers for your little boy, he sounds so brave. I hope he goes back into remission for a very very very long time.

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Sending my prayers for a special brave little boy! Here's much pixie dust for a speedy remission!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

RedSoxFan
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers for your little boy. Hope he goes into remission soon.

offwego
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Prayers and pixie ddust on their way for you and your little boy!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Flower
05-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Coreen,

Al the :pixie: to your little man

Tigger's Mom
05-01-2008, 09:59 PM
More prayers and pixie dust on the way to you and your little boy!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
He's gone into remission twice now:encore:, so I'm counting on him going back in with a good dose of blood tomorrow. And hoping and praying that he stays in remission for even longer this time.
He'll be full of energy for his tee ball practice tomorrow night. Hugs & kisses to my little guy.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Beast_fanatic
05-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Loads more :pixie: on the way!

merlinmagic4
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Tons of :pixie: :pixie: on the way for the little guy!!

Stitchahula
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Well we just got home from the hospital. He did really well thank god for scooby doo his new flavor of the month. They had a movie he hasn't seen yet. When he gets into a movie or show he doesn't pay any attention to his IV. They however want us to make an appointment with his cardiologist though because his murmur sounded different today. I swear this kid has more doctors than any adult I know ,and handles it so much better than anyone I know could. They didn't get to put in as much blood as they wanted to though because there wasn't any bags with the right amount in them and the blood bank doesn't split a bag for the amount he was short. He still got about 3/4 of what they wanted though so hopefully it's enough get his bosy strong enough to bounce it back into remission. I'm still hoping it's just the fact he was so sick last month and that's why he didn't get put back into remission after his march transfusion. Time will tell ,until then I pray ALOT and keep my fingers crossed. I'm hoping all the prayers and pixie dust will again work there magic and he'll go back into remission for atleast another year. Thank you everyone.

SBETigg
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the update, Coreen! He sounds so brave and good-natured. Best wishes for a great, healthy year ahead for you all and more :pixie: for good measure.

tinkerbellybutton
05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the update, I'm still sending a steady stream of pixie dust :pixie: