PDA

View Full Version : frustration with automated system

pcoleman
05-01-2008, 07:47 AM
I just spent 45 minutes on hold to be told the system is down to order MNSSHP tickets. This happened to me twice while trying to get my ADR's. Anyone else have this problem? You would think in an automated system they could flag that in one of the opening options. "If you are calling for tickets please be aware we are having technical difficulties and cannot process orders for ........please call back in a few hours." I an sooooo frustrated with trying to book this trip. :mad: Just needed some vent time, thanks.

bmj721
05-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I called in at 0700 CST and waited on line 10 minutes and was able to order tix for the Christmas party. But I called 30 sec earlier and received message that all lines were filled. I just waited and recalled and then got in the queue.

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
:mpumpkin:I just got my tickets at 8:34 AM. I also had problems getting through. Finally I got through and waited about 45 minutes. The Disney reservationist I spoke with told me a lot of people are calling this morning for tickets. Just for reference the tickets are 59.59 for adults I am not sure the price for children (we are still lucky our children are under 3). Hope everyone has luck getting tickets today.

Dragongirlx
05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I am having exactly the same problem
Got through once waited 45 then had to hang up as I am back at work and the phone rang
(its about 2pm in the UK)
Why oh why can't they just sell them on the website at the same time
:mad:

Dyanna
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Wow! That is a lot of money for the Halloween Party. Glad we went last year before the price increase. Any idea what the MVMCP prices will be?

hlkeck
05-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Okay, so I got the halloween party tix and even DVC/AP discount there is a big increase: $48/$42. So, I wasn't too happy there. And even this early in the morning he told me that MVMCP was sold out for the day we want -- but it wasn't on the list of sold out, but he couldn't pull up the 19th, so I am once again on hold for another 45 minutes - I guess I won't be doing any work today! :mickey:

hlkeck
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Got MVMCP for the 19th - price is ridiculous: $60 and $53. Wow. With the discount, too.

Ian
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm a tad irritated that for both MNSSHP and MVMCP I couldn't get any discounts.

We're doing the Halloween party on the 19th of September and that one I can kinda understand since it's a Friday night. But I booked the Christmas party for a Tuesday and there were still no discounts available.

Kind of annoying ... the total cost was well over $300 ...

JPL
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I hate to say it but the only way prices are going to come down if it people speak with their wallets and refuse to pay it. I know it's easier said than done but this is true with all entertainment and sports ticket prices. The are charging $60 because people are paying it.

Dragongirlx
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I just got through and got tickets for MNSSHP on the 16th sept - hooray :mpumpkin:

It was over 30 minutes though and I have cramp in my hand and I can no longer feel my right ear.

Just happy I got the dates I wanted

pcoleman
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Just got through for the second time after 45 minute wait. I got my tickets for 9/16 and wow price increase, $52 and that was with a discount. CM was very nice but had to try three time to put information through because system still wasn't worked right. On ling would be so much better. This was the last thing to obtain before the visit. Now I just sit back and wait.:mickey::mickey:

Ian
05-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Honestly, you guys must not be pushing the right button combinations or something, because I got right through. I waited maybe a minute tops.

On side note, this was one of the first times that I called and they had all my information logged correctly and identified me properly as a frequent visitor.

The CM who assisted me (who was very nice by the way) said, "Okay, Mr. Mitchell. I see you last stayed with us in December of 2007 and you have upcoming trips scheduled for May, September, and December. It looks like you have over 40 visits with us in the past, is that correct?"

Of course, none of this lessened the sticker shock. :shake:

Jeff G
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Our group voted last week to cancel the hopper option on our passes and instead use the difference for MNSSHP passes. I voluntered to make purchase the tickets and have everyone pay me back so today I called to make the purchase. I needed 6 adult passes and 6 child's passes for three families. I hadn't checked the current cost prior to making the call but was expecting them to have only gone up slightly from 2006 when they were $36/adult and $21/child. When the CM quoted me just under $700 my jaw hit the floor. I didn't make the purchase and will not be attending the party.

It cost my family of five $135 in 2006 and to go this year the cost would be $280. Thats a 107% increase in just two years. Ouch!

Ian
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, that's pretty outrageous I have to admit. But what's even worse is that they continually cut out perks, too. So the price goes up by 107% and you get 20% less than what you used to get for your money.

But Jeff's right ... they're merely pricing it where the market will bear. I'm sure they'll look at what this huge price spike does to ticket sales this year and adjust from there.

But you can bet that if they sell 80%-90% of the tickets at this price, that they'll jack it up again next year. As long as people continue to attend the parties at what they're charging, they'll continue to raise prices until the consumer cries uncle.

Gottaluvgoof
05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
We were going to try MNSSHP for the first time this September, but after reading this thread and seeing what the cost is, I'm not thinking it's worth it. That's a lot of money for a few hours. It would be neat to walk on the rides, but we have gone in September in the past, and we pretty much were able to walk on a lot of rides anyway. I can't see spending the extra. We'll be there 7 days. That should be enough.

Ian
05-01-2008, 04:14 PM
It would be neat to walk on the rides, but we have gone in September in the past, and we pretty much were able to walk on a lot of rides anyway.Don't assume that you'll be any more able to walk on the rides during MNNSHP than you will during the normal course of the day.

We've found in the past that, during the after-hours parties, the parks are frequently more busy than they are during the day. And that's even moreso during slow times of the year, like September.

I remember being very frustrated the one time we did MVMCP, because the lines were easily three times as long as they had been during the day.

Jeff G
05-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree with Ian on this one. The rides are hit & miss during the parties. We've been to MNSSHP three times in the past. The first one we were able to walk on Peter Pan & SpM but then the last time in '06 the park was packed and wait lines were 70 minutes for Peter Pan &30 minutes for IASWAA.

If the main reason you were going is to be able to walk on rides I'd save the money since you'll be there in September with pretty short waits. The party itself is really neat to see if you can get past the cost.

One tip, you can get a great view of the fireworks from the Polynesian's beach and they pipe the music in. If you don't go to the party it may well be worth your time checking out the fireworks, they are awesome.

Gottaluvgoof
05-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Don't assume that you'll be any more able to walk on the rides during MNNSHP than you will during the normal course of the day.

We've found in the past that, during the after-hours parties, the parks are frequently more busy than they are during the day. And that's even moreso during slow times of the year, like September.

I remember being very frustrated the one time we did MVMCP, because the lines were easily three times as long as they had been during the day.

I agree with Ian on this one. The rides are hit & miss during the parties. We've been to MNSSHP three times in the past. The first one we were able to walk on Peter Pan & SpM but then the last time in '06 the park was packed and wait lines were 70 minutes for Peter Pan &30 minutes for IASWAA.

If the main reason you were going is to be able to walk on rides I'd save the money since you'll be there in September with pretty short waits. The party itself is really neat to see if you can get past the cost.

One tip, you can get a great view of the fireworks from the Polynesian's beach and they pipe the music in. If you don't go to the party it may well be worth your time checking out the fireworks, they are awesome.

Actually, I was going for the party. I think the fireworks and the parade would be cool, but not at that cost. I can get my kids a season pass to the local Six Flags for the cost of that one party. I think we'll do that, rather than the party. By the way, we are doing dinner at Ohana that evening, maybe we'll just stick around long enough to see the fireworks. Great idea! :thumbsup: