PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Snapshot Saved in Your Heart

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 11:37 PM
What's your favorite park "snapshot" that you didn't get on camera? Something you'll never forget....
Mine is the time last summer the Mayor of the Magic Kingdom came up and showed my DD a lot of attention because it was her birthday. She's a seasoned guest, but this took us by surprise (we didn't even know there WAS a mayor of the MK!). We got a posed shot later, but I wouldn't trade anything for the pure joy on her face as he spent a lot of time fussing over her.

Rella
05-01-2008, 01:29 AM
My DS's first visit, he was almost 3 and the biggest Buzz fan....we walked off Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin (for the 5th times), just in time to see the "real" Buzz strolling by! His jaw dropped to the ground and he couldn't even speak. He pointed and stared. It was so unexpected I didn't have the time to get it on film, but it was the highlight of my trip. :cloud9:

Natazu
05-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Rachel and I got to be the Grand Marshals for a MNSSHP parade. We were coming out of LTT in costume and a park manager stopped us and asked if we'd like "a good seat for the parade". We said, "uh, sure". He led us backstage to the old-time car that Walt himself used to drive VIPs around Disneyland. It was awesome, a real treat. A CM offered to take a pic for us but all that came out was our legs and the driver.

Gator
05-01-2008, 12:16 PM
On our honeymoon, my wife and I were showered with Mickey confetti as we entered the Crystal Palace. We felt like royalty.

MickeyChick
05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
The look on my son's face when he met his "best friend" Lightning McQueen, in Hollywood Studios. That one moment made the whole trip worthwhile.

teambricker04
05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Last November every time we walked through MK and saw, or walked past the castle, DS#1 would shout in amazment, "LOOK! ITS A CASTLE! I LOVE IT! I WANT TO GO IN IT!!!" He was pretty bent when they had closed it off for the performance.

We leave this weekend, and he is ALREADY talking about the castle. And roller coasters (he is only three and has only been on the barnstormer once, which apparently had an impact.)!

barnaby
05-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I had my first Disney vacation with my wife and kids this past trip.
Our last night, we sat in Frontierland to watch the 11PM SpectroMagic Parade. There was a small crowd, so we got to sit down on a landscape wall near the Diamond Horseshoe.
Coolest thing was seeing 7 YO son run up to the rope every time a "float" he liked came by.

JMTStone
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Our very first day at the Magic Kingdom, we arrived in time for the 3 PM parade. Our DD (now 15, then 3) watched as her favorite Princess Jasmine noticed her shirt (Jasmine of course), pointed to it, held her heart, and mouthed "Hello" to my daughter. I think I almost cried when she said (after a long bout of speechlesness) "She saw me Mommy". Jasmine is STILL her favorite. She has a Jasmine sticker on her phone and everything.

momof3+twins
05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
That is so cute. It almost made me cry.

JMTStone
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
That is so cute. It almost made me cry.

I cry a little every time I think of it. I'm a big ol Mushy Mom.

kdsjjb
05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
May 2005. We already had a few trips under our belt, and the kids were 15, 13 & 9 at the time.

We were heading onto the TTA and the kids asked if they could be in their own can while DW and I sat behind in our own car. We said sure, so the kids jump in the first open car, and as we are getting into the next one, they shoot away from us. Turns out that they had jumped into the last car on the train in front, and we had the first car of the next train.

The looks on all three of their faces as they were looking back at us, getting further and further away, is something that DW and I will never forget. We still talk about it all the time, and could kick ourselves for not having the camera out.

mrsgaribaldi
05-02-2008, 11:36 PM
DH and I were waiting in line to see Mickey and Minnie. We don't normally stop to see the characters but I like them. A family that must have been from make a wish was taken to the front of the line for pics with each one. The poor child looked so sick they couldn't even muster a smile for the picture. It was something that has stuck with the me.
On a happy note, sitting in Mickey's Philharmagic next to a young man with special needs. He was so enthralled with the movie that it made me happy hearing and seeing how happy it made him:mickey:

homeschool mom
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I am always behind the camera so I rarely miss any photo ops. That is the reason I don't have a photo of my most memorable moment. We were at WDW in 2002 celebrating my 40th birthday and were eating dinner at CP just before MVMCP. We had had breakfast at Donald's Breakfastosaurous the day before and the waitress there made a big deal of my birthday. (She happened to be the same waitress we had when we visited in April of that year and she remembered us!) She had the other guests sing to me and presented me with a birthday card signed by the characters. At CP we had a very fun, older somewhat flirty waiter. I told him I was celebrating my birthday and what the waitress had done at DB and jokingly said, "Can you top that?" He proceeded to get down on one knee and serenade me with "Earth Angel". :blush: It was so funny, but of course, nobody thought to get it on film or video. If it were now, both DDs would have their cameras out.

disneymom2000
05-03-2008, 10:46 AM
One of my favs is when my two godchildren went the first time. My god daughter was almost 4 and my godson was almost 2. We had her facepainted like a lion while he was occupied with grandma & grandpa. When she was through and walked up to him to show it off, the look on his face was priceless. His eyes were wide open and couldn't understand why this person sounded like his sister.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-03-2008, 04:20 PM
One of them was when my nephew was 2.5 and our first day at WDW he was exhausted at closing and just laid down on the sidewalk coming out of Epcot. He rested for a couple of minutes, then jumped up and kept right on going.
When we went again he was 4 and we rode Soarin for the first time. The ride ended and he asked if it was over. I said yes and he asked if he could go again. Fortunately he could because we did kid swap. And I was afraid that he would be scared on the ride!
On that same trip my 17 year old nephew was thrilled that Capt Jack (in the parade) remembered him and his friend from the resort pool earlier in the day.

Piglet822
05-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I do have a real snapshot of it but it's got to be my most special memory at WDW.
It was at MGM Studios, Halloween 1992. My son was 8 months old and was wearing his little pumpkin costume. Minnie spotted him and motioned for my husband to follow her to the bench where she proceeded to hold the baby in her lap. Not a minute later Mickey joined her and I've got the best picture of my son with the two of them.

#1donaldfan
05-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Mine would be many of them, but the one that stands out the most was on our kids first trip. We were just getting off of MS at EC and a CM asked our two youngest to help him present a certificate of one year of service to another CM. They received their own certificate to frame for bringing the magic to someone who brings magic to everyone every day. They thought they had won a grand pirze....:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
We've had several over the years but one in particular still makes me chuckle.

We were at a MVMCP when our daughter was about 7 yrs old. Back then the characters still wandered around the park on their own. Our daughter was being cranky and I said something along the lines of "Sarah behave or we are leaving". Just then we noticed the Fairy Godmother walking by about 10 feet away. The crankiness stopped when the FG came up to us and said "Sarah are you having fun tonight?" She posed for pictures and did the autograph thing. As she was walking away a wide eyed Sarah just kept repeating "she knew my name, she knew my name!!"
She's 18 now and to this day I think she still wonders how the FG knew her name...just Disney magic, I guess:pixie:

MushuGrl
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I have three, actually.

Two took place on my second trip to WDW in 2005 - it was the first visit there for my mom and my niece, who was 17. First thing we did was climb to the train station and they got their first magical look at the castle...then almost immediately, the parade started and out came Mickey. I looked a my niece and tears were just ROLLING down her face. To this day she still gets misty eyed talking about it.

The second happened on that same trip - our trip was right between my niece and my mom's birthday, so we had a joint celebration at Chef Mickey's. About the time they were served their cupcakes, Mickey arrived at our table, pointed to my mom's cupcake, and gave her a BIG ol Mickey hug. She was the queen of the ball after that!

The third happened last year on my trip, and it's a moment that's stuck in my and my sister's hearts since. Just something simple but still...

We were at Mickey's Philharmagic with a friend of ours (on HIS first trip to WDW). The show began, and there were several smaller kids, around two or three years old, that were kinda spooked with it. Many were crying, clutching their loved ones for dear life and hiding their face...until Tinkerbell showed up.

Then..one by one...little heads popped up...then little hands reached out...then little giggles replaced the cries...

We did MP it several more times just to watch those little heads come out when Tinkerbell arrived. It was so sweet!

laward32
05-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I have two. One from our very first trip in April 05. My oldest daughter is a huge Cinderella fan and when she got to see her in person for the first time, the look on her face was priceless. Of course I didn't have my camera ready.
The second is from our recent trip in Oct 07. We won a dream from the dream team of one hour in MK after closing. My girls and I went to ride BTMRR right before the hour was up. My mom and dad waited in Frontierland by Country Bears. As we left BTMRR and walked through Frontierland it was completely deserted. My mom had my camera so I didn't get a picture. It was just me and my two girls. It was beautiful. It is something I will never forget.:mickey:

Baloo Da Man!
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Our first day as a family at WDW, Thanksgiving morning, just after park opening at MK, clear blue skies, cool gentle breeze carrying that delicious indescribable Main Street fragrance, DD6 in her Cinderella dress looking prettier than ever - pure innocence with big blue eyes gazing in wonder, breath-taking vision of the beauty and charm of Main Street, my favorite Christmas hymn "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" playing over the loud-speakers, took my precious little girl's hand, held it tight and wouldn't let it go as liquid joy blurred my vision.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Our first day as a family at WDW, Thanksgiving morning, just after park opening at MK, clear blue skies, cool gentle breeze carrying that delicious indescribable Main Street fragrance, DD6 in her Cinderella dress looking prettier than ever - pure innocence with big blue eyes gazing in wonder, breath-taking vision of the beauty and charm of Main Street, my favorite Christmas hymn "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" playing over the loud-speakers, took my precious little girl's hand, held it tight and wouldn't let it go as liquid joy blurred my vision.
I was looking for a smiley that expressed what I want to say to you. The only one I can find is
:magic:.....Beautifully written.

Nini
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I think mine would have to be from my husbands' birthday in 2004.

We had had a great day: checked into the Wilderness Lodge for our first stay there, and then a wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom. My husband even got a free Dole whip pineapple float cause he was wearing his birthday button :tasty:.

That evening we had dinner at the Crystal Palace where he got a birthday cupcake and a birthday card signed by all the characters (I tried, but he wouldn't participate in the parade :silly:.)

After dinner we were riding Big Thunder Mountain, when the fireworks started :fworks: ! Now we had no idea that there were going to be fireworks that night (I know, :rolleyes:, but true!), so I turned to my husband and jokingly said "they're having fireworks for your birthday!" He just enjoyed that moment so much :D, I really wish I had had a camera! :photo:

That was a wonderful trip!!!

Denise :mickey:

Soul_Power
05-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Our very first day at the Magic Kingdom, we arrived in time for the 3 PM parade. Our DD (now 15, then 3) watched as her favorite Princess Jasmine noticed her shirt (Jasmine of course), pointed to it, held her heart, and mouthed "Hello" to my daughter. I think I almost cried when she said (after a long bout of speechlesness) "She saw me Mommy". Jasmine is STILL her favorite. She has a Jasmine sticker on her phone and everything.

I LOVE this one! Soo cute! Siiigh, only at Disney :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Last September we took out DD's for their first trip to WDW. At that time they were 3 and 9 months. Our 3 year old is VERY shy. She loves all things Disney.. Princesses, Pooh... you name it! She had been to a few character meals and clammed up as we had expected when the characters came around.. (Tho she is very happy to look at them from afar.)... We don't ever push her. She can get as close or stay as far away as she wants. Well all of a sudden we are in Tomorrowland near COP and she tears away from us and goes running up to hug STITCH! My DH and I just STARED at her and then each other! She had never even SEEN the Stitch movie.. and certainly didnt know who he was... But she hugged him, insisted we get his autograph. I wish there had been a picture of my husband and my faces. (We were fortunate to whip out the DCam and start taking pics right away of her and Stitch!) I explained to "Stitch" that she never hugged any of the other characters and was always shy and scared with them... but he must be pretty special. Stitch spent more time with her hugging and joking around... it was GREAT! To this day... She still has not seen the movie... but there was something about that big blue Koala bear looking thing that brought my shy little girl out of her shell that day!:stitch2:

QueenDisneyBound
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Something similar to the previous post, but..

My favorite memory came 3 years ago on our one and only visit (going again in September of this year)...

I had a family that didn't want to go to Disney...a husband who didn't want to be far from home, a 10 year old son who didn't want to ride so far away because he was afraid he would get car sick, and a 7 year old son who was petrified of characters (and yes, this mom said, we're going and we're going to have a great time, and we all did)...:thumbsup:

What I remember most is how scared my 7 year old was when he saw the first character at Magic Kingdom that first day. He wanted to return to the car, get back to the hotel, and never return again. We managed to get him to hold our hand, and look the other way throughout the 6 days we were there, and he had a great time.

The last night, we were in Magic Kingdom again, and the parade was going by. Finally, Nick would look at the characters, and saw Minnie in the parade. He just started to yell "Minnie, hi Minnie.." over and over, and gave in to the pleasure of Disney characters...he has been a character lover ever since (3 years later we tell him we wouldn't doubt if he is Mickey some day in Disney).....:blush:

What great memories!

BandMan
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM
We have two sons, both autistic. We are very careful to know where they are when out in public at ALL times (not just at Disney). We were very nervous about having them in the parks, because of the possiblility of losing them in the crowds. (They were 9 and 11 at the time)

Our fifth day at WDW we were walking through Tomorrowland. We ahd begun to relax, and the crowd was fairly light, so mom and I let go and let them walk a little way ahead. They were walking - no stimming, no autistic-type behavior - just walking side by side looking at the scenery. It gave me a glimpse into that day, when this life is over, when their disability will be gone and I can be with my sons and talk to them and learn what they're thinking. For me that day, WDW really was a slice of heaven.

JMTStone
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
It gave me a glimpse into that day, when this life is over, when their disability will be gone and I can be with my sons and talk to them and learn what they're thinking. For me that day, WDW really was a slice of heaven.

Beautiful

Charlee
05-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I love this thread there are so many beautiful stories about the magic Disney can bring - it makes me teary!

Mine is about me and I always get teased for this! Last year we were stood watching the Motor Cars parade in MGM (as it was then) and I decided to take some photos on my camera phone. Buzz Lightyear came passed pointed at me and my phone and then motioned with his hand a "call me" sign! I just stood for a moment dumbstruck as we weren't stood with any people on the route and my mum confirmed he had been pointing at me! I just wish I had the picture with him signing "call me"!

People keep telling me that I should stop flirting with the characters! :blush:

Bohms4
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
We have two sons, both autistic. We are very careful to know where they are when out in public at ALL times (not just at Disney). We were very nervous about having them in the parks, because of the possiblility of losing them in the crowds. (They were 9 and 11 at the time)

Our fifth day at WDW we were walking through Tomorrowland. We ahd begun to relax, and the crowd was fairly light, so mom and I let go and let them walk a little way ahead. They were walking - no stimming, no autistic-type behavior - just walking side by side looking at the scenery. It gave me a glimpse into that day, when this life is over, when their disability will be gone and I can be with my sons and talk to them and learn what they're thinking. For me that day, WDW really was a slice of heaven.

Absolutely beautiful....what a wonderful moment for you.

Tinksmom
05-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I love this thread! It's not the rides or the food or the shows that make us such Disney fans. It's the moments that happen there like these!:tink:

My "snapshot" took place on the last night of our first trip to the World with our DD who was almost 3 at the time. At the end of a fun week our last ride ended up being on the Astro Orbiter (which in all my trips had never been on). My DH, DD and I all crammed into that little rocket ship flying over the Magic Kingdom together. It was a moment etched into my memory forever. It was so special to experience a ride for the first time with my DD.:cloud9: And since I couldn't feel my legs by the end of the ride I knew we would never all fit in one rocket again. Another more humorous "snapshot" would have been the three of us getting out of the rocket!:crowd: