PDA

View Full Version : ?s about the photo pass

goofiecrazy
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
I am thinking about maybe getting the photo pass for our next trip.We always buy the pics they take of u in the front of the park,this trip it will the kids first time so getting the xtra pics they take would be nice to have aswell as the ones we take. I have been om Disneyphotopass.com and signed up but wasnt able to get a price of any kind.I know its like 125 bucks if i remember.But i have read some people have gotten cheaper.The page said u could copy the pics that u like from home if u wanted.Do u have to buy all the pics that are on the cd or just the ones u want?So many ?s just want answers to them and anything else u want to share about the pass.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
We did photopass for the first time in September. I have to say it is well worth the price if you take advantage of all the photopass photograhers. However, the only ride picture included is test track. You can get the photopass cd for like $99 if you preorder before your trip. There even is a money back guarantee. No you don't have to buy them all. You can add whichever ones you want to the cd. You can also add signatures and borders to the pictures.

Young@Heart
04-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I strongly suggest buying the CD. I wish we had last time-there were so many good pictures to choose from, and the CD would have been such a value compared to buying them individually. We won't make that mistake twice. :blush:

KineGirl
05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
I was questioning doing it as well. I asked and got lots of great answers and info! Here is the thread...

photopass thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129335)

And I WILL be getting it! Too good of a deal and too much fun to not take advantage of!

Natazu
05-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Yeah, it's very relaxing to wander the parks and know that you'll be able to benefit from each and every photopass location. For so long, DW and I had few pics of ourselves together. The CD is definitely the way to go. They even give you a waterproof card for the water parks, wow.

playdead88
05-01-2008, 05:50 AM
i have always used photo pass and this year we prepaid for it - i was worried that i wouldn't get enough pics to justify the 99$ but i tell ya i ended up with over 140 pictures! it was great we havent been home a week yet and i have already got the cd and uploaded to shutterfly to order prints! we are sold on prepaid photopass - its great :thumbsup:

goofiecrazy
05-01-2008, 08:49 AM
So if I pre order it before we leave what happens?DO they send me a number of some kind then i go from there?

luvkatiebug
05-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I just preordered my CD for our May trip, and they send you a code through email. When you get home from your trip, take the number on your photopass card, and get all your pics, edit them, add borders etc. and then order your CD, where you'll put in your code.

I am most excited about this b/c I am never in any of our pictures, and now Mama will actually look like she went on the trip!:mickey:

MsMin
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Don't forget to tell the photopass guys that you bought the CD. We found that when we mentioned it last time several of them took some extra tiime to take some more candid or fun shots. We were surfing in front of the EPCOT Topiaries, princesses , etc. We ended up w/ 165 shots and just got the CD. It's really a great deal!

Yellow_MM
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Can someone tell what is the resolution of the photos you receive from the PhotoPass Photographers? I reason why I am asking is that I am just trying to find out how large of enlargement I can get without becoming grainy. I thought that I had remember somewhere reading it was 8x10, but I am not 100% sure. Thanks.

Figment104
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I actually purchased an 8x10 from our last trip throuh photo pass and it looks wonderful. We have it framed and everyone who sees it can't get over how great it looks!

katzctkpt
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
What if you forgot to preorder before you go on trip? Can you still get it for $99?

KEYONNAH
05-03-2008, 07:48 PM
So if you do the photpass you pay $99 and still have to pay if you want to print pictures?? :confused:

tinksmom02
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
So if you do the photpass you pay $99 and still have to pay if you want to print pictures?? :confused:

THe $99 price is for the CD, which also includes a copyright release. The pcitures are yours and you can do what you like with them. You can take them to Walmart, Target, snapfish, etc., and print the pictures from the CD.

If you choose not to buy the CD, your only option of getting any of the pics is through the Disney Photopass site, and they can be very pricey for prints. In addition, the smallest size they offer (I think ) is 5x7, and Disney owns the copyright for those pictures. So you (legally) couldn't take the one 5x7 to another place and have copies of it.

I ordered a few 5x7's from Photopass on our Jan 07 trip, and I think they were $12 or $14 a piece. We didn't have that many pics on the photopass at all, or I would've ordered the CD and printed them myself.

Hope that helps!

Disneyfun
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
The photopass is definetly a great option to take advantage of, but you do have to do a little work to get the most bang for your buck!

I recently went on a trip with our best friends. We decided to pre-purchase the photopass due to the money-back guarantee.

While we were there, we sought out every photopass photographer that we could. We told each one that we had pre-purchased the CD and the majority took so many extra pictures of great candid moments that most of our party completely missed but were precious! It helps that our friends have 2 little girls (4 & 2) that are cute as a button!

When we got back, I logged onto the photopass website, entered the code from the confirmation email that was sent when we pre-purchased the CD, and began editing, cropping, adding borders and signatures.

All things said and done, we ended up with about 350 pictures from our 5 day stay! My only complaint is that the generic photos of the castle, characters, park icons, etc. could not be added to the CD like you can for the photobook. There are some pictures there that are georgous and I would have loved to have had them on the CD if only to have created my own screen saver!

Bottom line-if you are going with a special group and plan to be there for atleast 3-5 days, I would definetly recommend it. If it's just a Disney-quickie, or if you aren't into taking a lot of photos, I would pass.