PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional and Kids

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
We have been trying to decide what we are doing for our Dec. trip and I really want to see the CP...Is this a show that kids are going to be interested in or will they want to leave as soon as we get there?

spoonfulosugar
04-30-2008, 08:59 PM
It depends on your kids...how old are they? Do they normally sit through concerts? We had a 16 month old with us and he did very well. There is a lot to look at and listen to. I would take my kids again, but not all munchkins can sit for very long. Remember too, unless you get the priority seating (with one of the participating restaurants) you'll be waiting in line for a LONG time to get a seat. I think it is well worth it and one of the more unique Christmas experiences we had at Disney.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
A lot would depend on your response to the above poster, but you might want to consider watching from the area in front of the American Pavillion. You can see them file in (beautiful!), and watch as long as your children are content, then stroll off when you need to.
Worth seeing!:wave:

#1donaldfan
04-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I think we'll try it this year, I believe our kids will do fine, I'm sure yours will too !!:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Keep in mind that CP is a traditional choral concert with Scripture readings. Personally, I love it. My oldest really likes music and so he's enthralled. My youngest, not so much. It really depends on the kids. If you don't think your kids will enjoy it or sit still through it, do as suggested above and watch for as long as you can from in front of the American pavilion. It can get quite frustrating having anxious, bored kids bouncing around all over the place when you're trying to enjoy the show so better not to put them (or others) in that situation to begin with.

Gator
05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
This is one of those moments where you tell your kid to sit and watch whether they want to or not.

Friend of Figment
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I'd say the closest thing to the CP is a church Christmas program. If you are church attenders and your kids do fine at a CHristmas Cantata they will do great at CP.

teambricker04
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Agreed... if your children can sit through church, they can do it. However, with EPCOT all around it maybe hard to do it.

Little Round Bale
05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
My daughter (14) and I seen it for the first time last November and it was so worth it. Loved it and so did my daughter. We were sitting close and it felt like we were really a part of it. The choir members dress so nicely too.

Stitchahula
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
We saw it a couple of years ago when my son was 2 1/2 he loved it. He was singing along (his own made up words) and conducting them with his own wand. It was so cute when they would end a song he would "take a bow", he was sitting on his dads shoulders at the time. Everyone around loved his performance.

bigbabyblues
05-03-2008, 03:31 PM
We're going for the first time this year, and I can't wait!!!

elmjimmlm
05-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks to all...I think that its a go on CP...I just know that this might be a once in a lifetime Dec. trip and I am not going to miss it...:mickey: