PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Food Court

Buttercup
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM
I couldn't find anything in the "Menus" section of Intercot about this - maybe I wasn't looking close enough! :blush:
It's been about 4 years since I've stayed at Pop Century and now we're going down with our kids, one of whom is a fussy eater.
Can anyone give me a run-down of the foods available? I'm sure there are the usual Pepperoni Pizza/Cheeseburger things. But what other stuff is available? I'm thinking of breakfast, lunch and dinner stuff... we might eat there at various times throughout our trip.

Taja
04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm having the same issue. Must be computer fatigue setting in!

Breakfast--have only made it to breakfast once in four stays at PC, so I'm pretty useless. And we're usually in the parks for lunch.

So, that leaves dinner!

They have a "Mom's Night Out" special each day at one of the stations. When we were there in December it varied from turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes and veggie (much better than expected) to chicken to meatloaf and something else I can't remember! Four different entrees rotated over seven days. There also was a salmon dish at one of the stations, but I didn't get to try it.

The Italian station (whatever it is, it's to the left of the one with the daily specials) had chicken (fried patty--decent, but a little salty for my taste) with pasta, sauce (cheese or marinara) and veggie. I'm not a fan of pasta, but it was surprisingly good--with cheese sauce. Since I typically eat a very low sodium diet, everything tends to be a bit salty for me. They had some other dishes, but those are the ones that are imprinted on my brain at the moment.

Check out the menus on the internet. I'm sure they're on Intercot, but I'm not locating them!

Oh! And the dinner special servings are huge! Definitely enough to share for two moderate appetites, particularly if a salad and/or dessert is part of the meal.

I believe most of the dinner entrees were around $10 to $12. They are entrees only and do not include appetizer, dessert or beverage.

goofiecrazy
04-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I dont think any of the food courts* for the values are on the menu section.I looked the other day myself since we are staying there in sept.No luck.

Jared
04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
The Pop Century food court is a little more extensive than most resort counter service locations. Please check the Private Message I sent you for more information.

:tasty:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Love the Mickey Waffles for breakfast!!:mickey:

Flower
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
I was SO sick of the POP food court by the end of our vacation. :sick:

Breakfast is the usual eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits, waffles, individual packaged cereal, pastries, etc.

Dinner had a bit of variety but it just seemed to be the same offerings every night. There was a Thai salad, chicken Parmesan & pasta, spaghetti, pizza, the moms night out chicken with potatoes and green beans (Which was the special about 3 nights in a row). Burgers, fries, chicken fingers - blah blah blah.

Everything just seemed like fast food and pre-made as opposed to some of the nicer restaurants on property where the food is made to order.

We had pizza delivered to our room one night and it was actually surprisingly yummy! :tasty:

Charlee
05-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Our family always tend to eat at the food court for most of our vacation, we are there for 21 days this year and will probably eat there at least once a day as we only have 7 ADR's and find it more conveient than eating in the parks at peak times (both my parents are diabetics and need to eat at certain times and CS in the parks can be a problem at those peak times in the summer).

We loved the selection at Pop and actually it was one of our reasons for not going for a mod this time around as we knew the food court is good and there is a good selection.

There is one counter that has typical burger and fries meals as well as the cheese steak wrap, chicken strips and chili cheese fries (I know they are gross but I always live of them at Disney!). The other Italian one has some pasta meals which were of a good CS standard and the typical CS pizza - its not great but it is edible! I like the meatball sub here.

There is one counter that has flatbreads - these are yummy and a turkey ciabatta (sp?) sandwich that I grew addicted to - my mum always had soup from this counter as they always had vegetable or chowder type thing that was good!

We did really like the "mom's night out" meals - really good and more expensive but worth it!

For us the food court is one of the reasons we are returning to Pop - we do have breakfast in the food court but we only stick to bagels and coffee as we are not big breakfast eaters but this was fine for us! :thumbsup:

The only thing we found that breakfast is very busy and often can be difficult to get a table in the morning but for both lunch and dinner we could always find many tables - then we'd head back to the parks!

ElenitaB
05-01-2008, 09:31 AM
They still have chicken strips at the Pop food court? I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! :eat:

Crow
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
im not a breakfast person either. it has looked busy when Ive been there. usually just grab danish or muffin & fill my mug
pizza a few times has been ok at night.
Ill b back in Sept to try again

naniviles
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Not sure how kosher it is to post another site , but I use this site for a general plan of daily food cost for my family of 13 when we go . Thought it might also help you . You can also find park menues and other resort menues as well . http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#res
Hope that it helps . HAVE a GREAT TIME ! Gettin ready for a new trip in August ourselves ! :D