PDA

View Full Version : Any good thoughts about Mama Melrose?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I am seeing more and more dissatisfaction with Mama Melrose on recent threads. We went about 4 years ago. We thought the food was pretty good. We have a Fantasmic reservation for this September. I felt like it was probably the better of the 2 between it and Hollywood and Vine. I would consider canceling it if I needed to. What do you think?

DouieDan
04-30-2008, 06:01 PM
I have been to MaMa Melrose in Fall 2006 and Fall 2007.

Apart from the wait (even with a Priority Seating), we enjoyed it. I think it comes down to the service, which is good at times and not so good at otherr times. I agree that it is better than the H/V choice. We are going in the fall this year and have reservations at MM. See ya

Natazu
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
The food is still pretty good, better than Hollywood and Vine. The flatbreads are good and so are the desserts. My two cents... in September you don't really need the FDP unless you have a big group. There's always decent seating if you just walk right to the Mickey section and look around a bit.

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 08:18 PM
We loved it...It was actually one of the better meals that we had last year...I say keep it...:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
We've been dining at Mama Melrose each trip since 2002, and it is a 2-repeat restaurant each time - usually once for lunch & once for the Fantasmic dinner package. In all of the times we've been there, we've never had a bad meal, and only once did we have a server that spoke so much like Minnie Mouse that we couldn't understand her. Do I think this restaurant has bad days just like all the others? Yes. But we've never experienced one & will continue to go back!:mickey: Incidentally, we tried H&V in 2001 & haven't been back since.

Jared
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Strangely, I liked Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano both times I ate there, and I usually despise Disney Italian food. My family went the first time just looking for something simple before Fantasmic!, but all five of us enjoyed our dinners, and we returned five months later.

The food isn't extraordinary, but it is better than I ever expected, particularly the chocolate truffle cake for dessert.

:tasty:

:tasty:

prttynpnk
05-01-2008, 08:50 AM
We've done the fantasmic package twice there and have always had a good time. Love the appetizers!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Okay thanks to all of you for your replies. I will keep my reservation. :smile:

KAT1811
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree. We like Mama's. The food is not fabulous but I have yet to find too many restaurants in WDW that are. We enjoyed the escape from the heat and our meal. On our last trip our two youngest DDs were spent so I asked them to pack up my dinner (the little ones ate as soon as we sat down) and everyone else stayed. They were wonderfully accomodating. Our server was very nice and helpful. After all a table of 9 is not the easiest to manage.

Have a great trip!

lightyearfan
05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
well if you like eating nothing but garlic in your food then enjoy. we also did the Fantasmic dinner package last year, and i ordered a pasta dish and there was more garlic than pasta, it was the same way for dw dish, we both smelled like garlic for the rest of the week.

in other words it was awful!!!! we will NEVER GO BACK!

Victor

MickeyChick
05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
We ate at Mama Melrose in January. I had pork marsala with wild mushroom risotto, hubby had chicken parm and the kids had chicken strips. I thought the food was great. Our server (I think her name was Megan) was also awesome!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
We're not MM fans at all!

We ate there a year and a half ago, for the Fanstasmic package and we were under-impressed.

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. The food was so-so, and same with the service. We're not going back, since there are so many good places to eat at Disney!

AllDisney
05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
We've enjoyed our experience at Mama's. The service was great. The food was better than I expected it to be after reading some of the reviews here.

Judge for yourself! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised:thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
We went last Nov for lunch. The only problem we had was where they tried to seat us. The place was empty, and they put us at a tiny table right next to the kitchen doors. We asked for another table, and they didn't seem too happy to move us. When we got moved the first thing the waitress said to us was "I'm not sure they'll let you stay here..." That's when we started thinking, "Hmm, ABC Commissary doesn't sound too bad..."

But, we stayed, and the food was actually very good. We were pleasantly surprised by that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry, nobody in our party of 8 liked it...of course that was in 2005 so things may have changed by now....

Brian
05-02-2008, 10:48 AM
We typically go to Mama Melrose's once during each of our trips. We enjoy the food and atmosphere. Year after year, we somehow always end up with the same server. He doesn't seem very friendly, but he provides great service. We've never had any problems and will definitely return in the future.