PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend - Crazy??

samchase
04-30-2008, 01:54 PM
We are arriving on May 22 and leaving on May 27, is this a super busy time?

Does it lighten up after the holiday on Monday?

dml
04-30-2008, 05:12 PM
I will be in WDW the same time as you and would love to hear some feedback as well! I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

:mickey::mickey:

EJS-Houston
05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I've never been to WDW over Memorial Day...but according to the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (the indispensible guide to WDW in my humble opinion) the Memorial Day Holiday launches the peak Summer Season. So while the heaviest crowds there are found 1. over the Christmas holiday, 2. over the Thanksgiving holiday and 3. at Spring Break...Memorial Day is the start of the Summer Crowds, the fourth-most-crowded period at WDW.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-02-2008, 12:34 PM
We have been at Christmass and spring break and both were far worse than Memorial day. The days before the holiday are lighter and build steadily after the holiday because it is officially summer season. There will be lines but not as bad as other times. It also begins to get pretty warm in orlando by late may.

homeschool mom
05-03-2008, 10:39 AM
We went last May to celebrate our DDs birthdays which are on May 22; the week prior to Memorial Day. During the week the crowds weren't bad at all, but by Thurs., the crowd levels had increased and by Friday, I was glad to be leaving. The crowds were getting unbearable for us who are used to going during non-peak times.

kid@heartforever
05-03-2008, 08:32 PM
We are usually there at that time and it's not too bad. That being said, we were at MK on Memorial Day Monday and it was insane!!! Small World had an hour and a half wait! That park was packed! Maybe try another park on that day.:mickey: