PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Gift Suggestions

Jeri Lynn
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
My oldest daughter is flying to Virginia next week to attend her friends graduation from Virginia Tech. They were dating for a short time but have decided to just keep it a friendship right now.

He is graduating with his Civil Engineering degree.

She does not have alot of money but I think it would be nice if she brought something down to give him.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tick-Tock
04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
A pen (you can get nice ones for not a ton of money, or even nicer ones for more)

A paperweight

A gift certificate toward helping frame his degree

A gift oriented toward engineers (Christmas ornament, wall decoration)

Gooftroop5
04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Stamps, business envelopes & resume paper. I know most places you can email or apply electronically with but there are still a few places that require mailed resumes plus it always nice to have a copy on nice paper to hand to the person in an interview.

Even if they already have a job they can use the stamps to mail out thank you notes.

A gift card to some place like staples or business supply. Then he can use it to get whatever is needed including professional printed resumes or a brief case.

crazypoohbear
05-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Is he moving home or getting a place of his own??
IF he's getting his own place she could buy him something for the apt.
She could make up some business cards for him. with his name/title and cell phone number on it. Great for handing out at networking events.

For a cute gift she could purchase him a case of his fav. food.
My son and his friends graduate high school this year. One of the gifts he buying for a friend to take to college is a case of Ramen noodles. Aparently the kids loves these.