PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
With our upcoming trip we are currently searching for a new digital camera. I figured what better place to ask what people recommend for pictures in our favorite place. We currently have a digital camera and are not happy with it. It takes forever to take the pictures and with two small children we all know what that turns out. A lot of closed eyes and children looking away please help. I am looking for a camera with 10 MP or better any suggestions. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Strmchsr
04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Two quick questions:

1.) Why do you need 10 MP? Are you planning on blowing up your pictures to poster size? MP does not determine picture quality, only how large you can print the picture before it begins to look "pixelated." For your average camera user 5-6 mp is more than sufficient as that will go well past an 8x10 before you begin to notice the pixelation. Unless you're a professional photographer, more is not necessarily better.

2.) What price range are you looking at?

The slow speed you're getting on your camera can be one of two things (or both): shutter speed and memory card speed. Either one can definitely be rectified.

jpH/keD
04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
We have a Cannon EOS Rebel. I don't know how many megapixels it has. Here is my suggestion. Make sure you read about it and get familiar before your trip!! I had taken about 500 pix and then one of my kids ERASED them all!!!!!!!!!!:-o:mad::sick: We had to take the card out and bring it home to get someone to recover all the pix I had taken! That mistake cost me about $250.00!! Please learn how NOT to erase your memories! :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I bought a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-S650 and I am not satisfied with it at all. I previously had a Fuji and am now looking for another. I'm looking at the Fuji J10. Good luck hunting.

Aggie97
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
We have a Fujifilm FinePix F30 and have been extremely pleased with it. I have been able to get some great nighttime shots at WDW with it. We've had it for a couple years now, so I imagine there are newer F series versions available. Our previous digital camera also was a Fuji, and we liked it just as much.

kakn7294
04-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I have a Canon Powershot A620 - it's only 7.1 MP but it takes great pics, has some cool features, and doesn't have a long shutter-lag time but it is heavy and bulky and takes 4 AA batteries. Our Kodak Easyshare is no longer made but we liked the Kodak's as well - they are easy to operate and take nice pics. I noticed some of the lower-priced Kodak's had a longer shutter-lag (longer than I liked) but the higher-priced ones weren't as bad. I used Circuit City's website as well as a review site I found on the net (sorry, I can't remember the name) to do some research then played with the potential cameras in stores to see what felt right. Good luck in your search!