PDA

View Full Version : Strollers No Longer Free at MK Parties

merlinmagic4
04-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

In the past the strollers have been free at the MK parties but apparently this has changed. We went to the P&PP on 4/23. Thankfully, I forgot I was going to use one of their strollers and brought my own because that would have been a long night with a 2 year old! I walked up to the strollers and asked if they were still free during the parties and the CM said that they no longer were doing that.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

scootch713
04-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Boy they just can't stop with killing us with the strollers, huh....

TheRustyScupper
04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Boy they just can't stop with killing us with the strollers, huh....

1) It is not just the strollers.
2) Any extra charges or fees get assigned if they think you will pay.
. . . double stroller rental cost
. . . meal surcharges during peak periods
. . . increased parking fees
. . . significant increases in merchandise prices
. . . changes in DDP

NOTE: I know I will hate myself for saying this, but BRING BACK EISNER! At least he had some concern for the guests and employees, where Ogre (I mean Iger) seems to do anything for more bucks.

Seasonscraps
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
1) It is not just the strollers.
2) Any extra charges or fees get assigned if they think you will pay.
. . . double stroller rental cost
. . . meal surcharges during peak periods
. . . increased parking fees
. . . significant increases in merchandise prices
. . . changes in DDP

NOTE: I know I will hate myself for saying this, but BRING BACK EISNER! At least he had some concern for the guests and employees, where Ogre (I mean Iger) seems to do anything for more bucks.

This is why I regret our DVC purchase. I feel like Disney is reaching deeper and deeper into my wallet at every turn and in return I am getting much less in terms of quality, quantity and magic.

kakn7294
04-30-2008, 05:32 PM
NOTE: I know I will hate myself for saying this, but BRING BACK EISNER! At least he had some concern for the guests and employees, where Ogre (I mean Iger) seems to do anything for more bucks.Hey, who are you and what did you do with The real RustyScupper?

I guess this is just another way for them to get our hard-earned money. We were thinking of 2 trips next year but with the price of things at home - gas and groceries, etc - and the nickel-and-dime-us-to-death attitude Disney seems to be adopting, it looks like that won't be happening.

wendy*darling
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess this is just another way for them to get our hard-earned money. We were thinking of 2 trips next year but with the price of things at home - gas and groceries, etc - and the nickel-and-dime-us-to-death attitude Disney seems to be adopting, it looks like that won't be happening.
Let them know this!!!
Write letters, send emails.

If we just groan and commiserate on discussion boards- it will continue to happen.

Let's all start letting DISNEY know how we feel.
I cannot believe that the Holiday meal surcharges were a result of "guest comments." Who in their right minds would ever say "Hey, you know?... we should be paying more for our meals during peak season."

The strollers, ticket prices, more and more hard ticket events covering most every night (where we have already paid for a park ticket).... the list goes on.
If they think we won't come back and pay all these ridiculous prices, they will have to change. But not until it hits them in their wallet.

:soapbox: OK, I'm done now... :tiphat:

Mickey91
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I just got through shooting off an email to Disney complaining about the increase in meal prices for the 6 weeks between Memorial Day and July 4. Not sure where they think we getting the extra $$$. Guess they are tired of selling merchandise and are going for making their profits on necessities.:mad:

PrincessJadesMom
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow! I just checked out the new price for stroller rental. Single is $15, Double is $31. That is ridiculous!!!!!!:mad: