PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting into Planet hollywood without ADRs

momof3+twins
04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
I really am not sure what time we will arrive our first day. And we want to eat at Planet Hollywood. Could we go without ADRs?

Natazu
04-29-2008, 10:32 PM
They're not usually very hard to get into, especially early in the evening. If you find yourself at DTD without an ADR, Turf Club is usually wide-open and just a short boat ride away.

momof3+twins
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
What is the Turf Club?
I haven't heard of it.
We have to go to Planet Hollywood. My 3 boys each picked a place to eat. And the son the picked this one always gets the short end of the stick. Not on purpose of course. But, things just always work out that way! Maybe I could call as we are driving and getting close to Disney?!?

irish1967
04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I would make an ADR for a time that is a few hours later than you expect to arrive. That way you KNOW you have it and that you will be able to eat there even if you experience a minor delay.

If you arrive early you can always check in at the podium and they will seat you earlier if they can.

Natazu
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
What is the Turf Club?
I haven't heard of it.
Turf Club is the TS restaurant at Saratoga Springs (DVC Resort). It's only been open a year or so. Rachel and I have been and enjoyed our meals there immensely. Being fawned over by the opening management team didn't hurt though. The restaurant is small, only 88 seats. That combined with the fact that most of the patrons are DVC owners, you always get very personalized service.
The boat from DTD drops right by the restaurant's back entrance so it's easy to get to after a day of shopping.

We have to go to Planet Hollywood. My 3 boys each picked a place to eat. And the son the picked this one always gets the short end of the stick. Not on purpose of course. But, things just always work out that way! Maybe I could call as we are driving and getting close to Disney?!?
Aww, that's so cute. I'd certainly want him to get to go to Planet Hollywood. Calling once you know when you'll more or less arrive is a good idea. Just in case, here's their direct number (407) 827-7827. Also note that while the official policy is to hold ADRs for 15 minutes, in my limited experience, the restaurants are good about letting you in no matter how late you are.

KAT1811
04-30-2008, 08:53 PM
It was my understanding that Planet Hollywood was no longer taking ADRs. I'd call dining and check it may not be an issue.

Jared
04-30-2008, 09:28 PM
It was my understanding that Planet Hollywood was no longer taking ADRs. I'd call dining and check it may not be an issue.
I think Planet Hollywood still accepts Advance Dining Reservations. I can't find anything online that suggests otherwise. Where did you obtain your information?

Anyway, to the original poster, you shouldn't have much trouble getting a table even without prior arrangements, especially early in the evening. Planet Hollywood fills up later when people make their way to Downtown Disney when the parks start to close.

:tasty:

KAT1811
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I think Planet Hollywood still accepts Advance Dining Reservations. I can't find anything online that suggests otherwise. Where did you obtain your information?

I spoke with Disney Dining and they said that Planet Hollywood will only be accepting walk ups for the dates of May 25 - September 2. They have no information beyond those dates.

So depending on when the OP is planning on going to WDW will depend on the avaliability of ADRs. That is why I recommended the OP call WDW dining for the date specific information.