PDA

View Full Version : Disney ADR's

jordy2028
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello all. What a wonderful place to get great ideas! My family (myself, DH, DS (6yrs) DDs (17 yrs, 13 yrs) are going mid-June and I am so excited and my family is looking forward to many surprises. We're staying 8 nights and I've got 6 dinners planned. If you have a better idea or suggestion, I'd love to hear them!

1st night - Spirit of Aloha (How early should we arrive?) 8:00 pm show, Category 3
2nd night - Whispering Canyon Cafe (will visit Geyser)
3rd night - just counters; taking in the parks
4th night - 1900 Park Fare - Character Dinner (Is there a Cinderella Coach nearby to take a pic? and should we dress up?)
5th night - Prime Time 50's (6:30 ressie, then onto Fantasmic for 9pm show, enough time for good seating?)
6th night - just counters, taking in the parks
7th night - Boma's at 7:30 pm (hope to view animals, before or after dinner?)
8th night - Hoop Dee Doo Revue (leaving with a bang!, heard it's pretty cold in there, true??)

Looking forward to your replies!

KAT1811
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
First off :welcome: to Intercot. I think you are going to like it here!!!

To make things easy I embedded my answers in your original post.

1st night - Spirit of Aloha (How early should we arrive?) 8:00 pm show, Category 3
Not a big fan of the Spirit of Aloha show. We did it years ago and it really is not anything we plan on doing again. What about taking in a nicer meal on property? I highly recommend the California Grill in the Contemporary. It has a spectacular view of WDW and the food is fabulous. Depending on what night you are going you may be able to get a table during the performance of Wishes in the MK. A fun dinner is 'Ohana in the Polynesian.

2nd night - Whispering Canyon Cafe (will visit Geyser)
We tried this on our last trip and really enjoyed it. Make sure that you ask for ketchup and straws (assuming that everyone in your party has a good sense of humor). The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and we had a nice time getting up close and personal with the smaller residents of the resort. It still amazes me how firendly they are.

3rd night - just counters; taking in the parks
Nice to take a break from structured eating and just wing it.

4th night - 1900 Park Fare - Character Dinner (Is there a Cinderella Coach nearby to take a pic? and should we dress up?)
No Cinderella Coach that I know of. The restaurant is by far our favorite dinner buffet on property. To tell you the truth we are not big fans of buffets but we really enjoy this one. If you have an affinity for dress up I'm sure that Cinderella and friends would love to see you in your finery.

5th night - Prime Time 50's (6:30 ressie, then onto Fantasmic for 9pm show, enough time for good seating?)
I think you are fine for time. 2 1/2 hours is more than enough. There really is not a bad seat in the theater. I would just make sure that you arrive a bit early for your reservation to ensure you sit as close to 6:30 as possible.

6th night - just counters, taking in the parks
Again nice to take a break. Plus you can have a very good dinner just on snacks alone!!!

7th night - Boma's at 7:30 pm (hope to view animals, before or after dinner?)
Never eaten here. It certainly is a favorite of Intercoters. I would probably say to take in the animals prior to dinner so that it is still light out. After you dine it will be dark making it much harder to see the animals.

8th night - Hoop Dee Doo Revue (leaving with a bang!, heard it's pretty cold in there, true??)
We really enjoy the Hoop Dee Doo Review. The food is okay but the show is very entertaining. I actually had the chance to be in part of the show during our last trip! :blush: What a great way to end a vacation!!!

luvdiznee
04-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Of the ones we've visited from your choices, WCC is one of our fav's. Have enjoyed it for breakfast lunch and dinner. :thumbsup: 1900 Park Fare buffet, the food was good, but booths are seated a little close together. Boma been there a couple times and have always enjoyed. I would go see the animals before dinner. 50's Prime Time we will be going for the first time in September but I hear it's good. Enjoy! And Welcome to Intercot. :mickey: