PDA

View Full Version : When & how do you book Sunrise Safari

David&Jane
04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
We are staying at AKL in September concierge level.
Can we book the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure before we arrive.

If so how do we do it ?

Thankd

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
We are staying concierge in Sept as well and I called concierge at the resort to book it. We did book it already (plus you have to pay for it with a cc early).

Call the concierge desk at AKL and maybe we'll see you there!

TammiMcMan
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I believe the sunrise safari can be booked at 180 days now. Even though September is typically a lower capacity season, I would definitely recommend booking it early. There's a limited number of spaces available and it can sell out.

Not sure if you've been contacted yet by the pre-planning department at the AKL. If not, let me know and I can PM you their information. As the previous poster mentioned, you will need a credit card in order to book it. You don't want to use e-mail to give them that info, but trying to reach them over the phone can be a bit frustrating as well. I've always found it best to leave my cell phone and ask for a call back. That way, I have it with me all the time and chances are I won't end up playing phone tag.

David&Jane
04-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks hlkeck & Tammi.
We have not been contacted by the PPD & if you could PM that would be great Tammi.

We will be there 9/18 to 9/22 if your not there at same time hlkeck have a great time

TheRustyScupper
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
1) Sunrise Safari is only offered on Sunday & Thursday.
2) You need to be staying Club Level
. . . on Saturday or Sunday night for Sunday
. . . on Wednesday or Thursday night for Thursday
3) You do qualify for the Sunday safari.
4) Call at the 180-day mark.
5) It does fill up quickly and there is a limited number of seats.

NJinJune
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Can a 2 year old go on the safari? I have not been able to find an age limit. Thanks for sharing your insights!

ThanxForNoticin
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
We've done the SS a couple times, and I don't believe there is an age or height restriction, but I'm not 100% certain. If I remember correctly, there is no age or height restriction for the regular safari, and I think SS would use those same guidelines.

SS is a great time. And you might already know this, but make sure you plan for the fact that you'll need a day's admission to the park for each person doing the safari with you. If you have an AP or if you're hopping to other parks during the day, it won't matter. Have a great time!