PDA

View Full Version : AKL - viewing areas

JoDisney
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
If you are a guest in a standard or pool view, are there some "open air" viewing areas inside the lodge that have a porch or balcony with chairs or are all these areas all behind a glass enclosure?

Cinderelley
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, they have viewing areas throughout the lodge to see the animals. One of my favorite things to do at AKL is rocking in the rocking chairs in the sitting in the areas at the back of the lobby. There are also viewing areas down the hallways. They are outside of the glass.

DouieDan
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes there are open and closed viewing areas. If you would prefer to have your room located in a savanna area, Disney has been known to upgrade at your request upon arrrival. We were there in 2006, and asked at check-in for an upgrade. They obliged and our balcony overlook girraffes and Zebras. May be worth it to ask. Enjoy.

azdisneymom
05-03-2008, 03:23 PM
YES YES YES. There are wonderful places to view the animals. Arusha Rock is beautiful and they have night vision goggles for nightime. There are rockers on a balcony just off the lobby. If you venture down the hallways there are also small windows with benches that allow viewing. These are not the best but you can see animals.

JMTStone
05-03-2008, 06:10 PM
We decided in May 2006 not to purchase a SV room. But it didn't really matter. Every time we walked by the viewing area on our floor (big glass walls), we saw something. Someday (once we get our new DVC points for AKV) we'll spring for the SV....

BigG007
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I sigh of relief from me as I have only booked a standard view room for my first stay at AKV in October

Next time I will book a SV as it would be something new to look forward too