PDA

View Full Version : DVC Tour Incentives

WeLuvBuzz
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
This fall DH and I will be visiting the world for our 20th Anniversary. We are staying offsite at a non-Disney timeshare we traded into. I am not familiar with the Disney time share process, so I am planning on taking a tour and getting the scoop as I really want to get in when the Contemporary units become available. My question is, do they give any perks for taking the tour? If they do, then we will visit earlier in the week, otherwise I may wait until the last morning when we have time to kill. Hopefully I can talk DH into buying an ownership for my anniversary present.

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
They gave us our choice of either a $25 disney gift card or day long fast passes at any park. We did the tour right before we left, so we took the money! :mickey: Spent on mouse gear, of course!

You also get ice cream at the end of the tour and a photo.

Kidsmom
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
We only got 3 fast passes per person in our party.....not day long. It still helped get into a couple of rides we wouldn't have been able to get in otherwise (fast passes were gone for the day when we got to the park) The kids liked the ice cream.

Terk24
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
It all depends. When we were there in Feb. we got $100 giftcard. We were staying at BWV, which I beleive is why that was offered to us.

princessjojo
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
How long does the tour last? Dsis is thinking about taking it in June? We never took the tour, but did extensive research at the time.

hlkeck
04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I think they tell you an hour - but we asked a bunch of questions and wanted to see more than the normal tour, so we were there at least 2 and maybe 2 1/2. The kids go to a kids club area and mine didn't want to leave! We bribed them with the ice cream.

But hey, if some people get offered a $100 gift card -- negotiate for that! :)

ldc12377
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't plan when you take the tour based on the incentive your will get because you may not get anything. We took a tour last October. It lasted between 2 and 2 1/2 hours and we didn't end up getting any kind of "extra" incentive. We got the ice cream at the end of the tour but we didn't even get a photo. So just remember that not everyone gets the fast passes or gift cards and such.