PDA

View Full Version : mickeys halloween party

goofiecrazy
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I noticed that Mickeys halloween party will run a couple nites when we are there in sept.The prices they are showing are from last year will the price for this year be the same or close to it?IS it worth it? Its sounds fun but I am not sure I really want to dish out like 130 bucks for it.

Dyanna
04-29-2008, 12:46 PM
The prices should be close to what they were last year if not the same. We went for the 1st time last Oct & LOVED it!! This year we are going to try MVMCP. You should definitely give it a try, you would not be disappointed. The parade & shows are wonderful & the fireworks are the best!:number1:

cal5755
04-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Last year we did the MVMCP and I thought it was well worth the extra money.... everyone here on Intercot says MNSSHP is even better! We are going to go this Sept.

I think the consensus is it is worth the money!! So try it and HAVE FUN!!

NJGIRL
04-29-2008, 03:44 PM
We have been to many many Halloween Parties and for the money it's worth it. If you feel it's too much get one less day on your park tickets and do the MK during the party. Most of the attractions are opened and the lines aren't bad.

biodtl
04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
The prices should be comparable. In my opinion, it is worth it.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Both parties are alot of fun!!!!!!!! It's definetly worth the money. This year my husband and I are going to MVMCP in December. This will be our third time at the XMAS party and twice at the Halloween one. You can't go wrong with either. Have fun!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

pluto 77
04-29-2008, 06:38 PM
We love the halloween party!!!! I can't wait till we can go back again in October. It was worth to money 100% :mickey:

boobalk
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I've got just 3 words for you. DON'T MISS IT !!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
:mpumpkin:Though others are sure to disagree as everyone's tastes and opinions differ, we try our best to plan a trip around the parties. As a matter of fact, MNSSHP is our absolute favorite. I am the frugal one in the family that complains incessantly about Disney nickle and diming us and I insist on going every year. If we could afford it we would go more than once!:mpumpkin:

We love the parades, shows, trick or treating, and the fireworks! We rarely take time to ride so I can't comment on that but if you like seeing rare characters, this is an excellent time to get your villains.:malef:

dizknee531
04-30-2008, 10:46 PM
It's definitely worth the money!! In my opinion, it's better then the Christmas Party!! we had alot of fun. Almost everyone was dressed, including the CM's. the fireworks are NOT to be missed. :thumbsup:

Natazu
05-01-2008, 03:12 AM
The fireworks alone are worth the ticket price, plus trick-or-treats, special parade... must do.

Jeff G
05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
The prices are up a lot this year. Two years ago we paid $36/adult and $21/child this year on the Friday in September the cost is $59/adult and $54/child. (last year was $45 & $39 on a Friday)

As neat as the party is I cannot justly say for this cost it's worth it. The fireworks, parade & characters are great but for that price, hmm. We'll watch the fireworks from the Poly beach with the music piped in and miss out on the parade and save the $280(family of two adults and three kids).

hoop de do
05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Got my tickets today. Paid $53.14 a piece (adult). Well worth the price and experience. It's a great time . What ever you do - DRESS UP - It's great being a kid again especially at the WORLD. :mpumpkin::blackcat::pumpkin::ghost::mpumpkin:

Gottaluvgoof
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Seems a little pricey to me. We were going to try it this year in September, but I think I'll pass. I'll watch the fireworks from the Poly. I could add another whole day to our trip for less than the cost of the party. Just can't justify that. :(

ShanPooh
05-02-2008, 12:07 AM
We've done MNSSHP and the Pirate and Princess Party. Both are VERY MUCH worth it!
Now I'm saying this as a Disney cheapskate (All-Star Resort, free dining plan, driving two hours to get $524 total for 4 of us flying). Yep, this was a big extra for us that we are SO looking forward to!
It's a totally different experience from going during regular hours or even extra magic hours.
There is special lighting, music, and decorations throughout the park. Seeing so many guests dressed-up is a lot of the fun. In addition, there are the special fireworks, Halloween costumed character meet-and-greet, mini-shows, and parades.
The treat stations may not be everyone's thing - and some do have quite a line, so to us that's neither here nor there.
Both times we were admitted in around 4pm, so we were getting a full eight hours in the park. Quite a long (and fun) day with two kiddos!
Pricing (like everything) has gone up a little this year $42.95 + tax for ages 3-9 and $48.95 + tax for 10 and over.

Mom2Princess'
05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
We LOVE it! I agree with Nahtazu that the fireworks are AWESOME! They are worth the admission. Whether you have kids or not you will have a fantastic time. We made sure that we planned our trip this year so we could go.
:smickey::goofy::stitch::malef::donald::hmghost:

MickeyandTink
05-02-2008, 11:04 AM
It does sound like a lot of fun, but since it will be the first trip to WDW for our DS2 (turning 3 while we're there), we didn't feel we could justify spending another $150 when we can just go to another park. :spend:

Plus, given his age we felt there was a good chance he will either fall asleep or have a meltdown before the party really gets under way. Maybe in a few years when he and his sister are a bit older (or if DW and I can sneak away on our own for a few days :secret:)