PDA

View Full Version : how come?

motherhamv
04-29-2008, 11:02 AM
:mickey:How come Disney doesn't do a bowling alley?? I keep waiting, but it doesn't seem to happen.

SBETigg
04-29-2008, 11:09 AM
That could be fun. They could go wild with the theming. My guess is that there is so much else to do, they don't see the need yet. I probably wouldn't bowl at Disney. We still haven't gotten around to the mini-golf.

DisneyDog
04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Bowling would be a really great rainy day activity, or late night thing to do as well.

meldan98
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Actually, years ago they did own an 80 lane center in Colorado. It also had an arcade, swiming pool, etc. Walt built it with some Hollywood people, and then Disney sold their interest a few years later.

One of the primary reasons is cost and reveune I would imagine. Bowling centers really find it difficult to make money. Especially in a tourist market. Many locals would never travel their to bowl leagues and in the middle of summer when it wasn't raining, you would probably find the bowling center to be a ghost town.

DisneyDog
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Actually, they would probably be crowded in the middle of summer, because that's when it rains the most in Florida.

pdrlkr
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Great idea! My family loves to bowl.:mickey: