PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining

julyjewel
04-29-2008, 09:58 AM
This will be my family's first character dining experience in June. We are going to do

Akershus breakfast - 8:50 am Tuesday
Liberty Tree Tavern- 8:55 pm Thursday
1900 Park fare dinner - 8:20 Friday

My question is...does character interaction seem to be better at certain times? We are one of the last ressies for 1900 Park Fare and was wondering if we might spend more time with characters since it is later in the evening or Liberty Tree for that matter.

I guess our breakfast ressies for Akershus is a bit early but I hope we won't be rushed through. What have been your experiences?

Quasimodo
04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I have noticed that during slow times (when there are a lot of empty tables) at character dining restaurants that characters will sometimes spend longer at your table. This has happened to us a couple of times at Garden Grill. When my DD was about 2 yo, we dined at Garden Grill around 4 PM. The place was almost empty. Mickey came by and visited briefly, then went around the restaurant to visit other guests. About 10 minutes later he was back at our table. He sat down and started writing out questions to my DD with a crayon. He spent about 10 minutes with us.

During a more recent visit last October, we were again at Garden Grill and it was not very crowded. We ended up with both Mickey and Chip at our table at the same time, which is unusual. We have a picture of the two of them with my DD.

Personally, I like the meals that have Chip and Dale. They frequently mess around with each other. At a recent meal at LT, we watched as one of the two locked the other in a closet and put a chair on the door and wouldn't let him out.

yjgirl715
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
We went to LT last May and the character interaction was great. The place was crowded and they still took the time to visit with us- there were 6 adults and 1 child. Now when we were at Mickey's BBQ there was hardly anytime for character interaction- the characters were mobbed by all the kids. The show was really good. Chef Mickey's was really good with character interaction- Pluto put his mouth around my sons head and we got the picture- came out realy cute. I think it all depends on the day. Good luck.

P.S the food at all of them was great! Lots of choices.

Septbride2002
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
We had an early lunch at Crystal Palace and got lots of character interaction as the resturant wasn't really full yet. If the resturant is slower then yes you will have more time with the characters - this is why I avoid the "popular" character meals like Chef Mickeys - where they usually run by as you take the picture.

1900 Park and Fare was probablythe most fun I've ever had at a character meal - and it was pretty crowded. Cinderalla and the Prince were in a rush but the Step-Sisters and Step-mother were a hoot and a half. We got lots of interaction with them.

Libert Tree Tavern when we went was busy as it was the Christmas Party. However we still got plenty of time. And at that point it was a table of 4 adults and no kids - I think they spent more time with the kiddo tables.

~Amanda