PDA

View Full Version : Help us decide!

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
So, we've been planning to go to WDW this December for a quick trip to go to MVMCP and take my parents so that they can see their GC having a great time. We will be there 4 nights, 2 of which we are staying at a Marriott, the other 2 of which we can stay at a resort (because that's all the points we have left!:secret:)

DD is going to be 6 1/2 on this trip, DS will be 4 1/2; we will have just stayed at AKL for a week in September '08, and we're trying to decide where to stay in December. We've narrowed it down to Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge.

I read the thread where everyone says the decor at WL is beautiful at Xmas, but my kids are all about the pools at this age. Also, though, we spend more time at MK than Ep or HS, but we do spend some time at both (Soarin':number1: and the kids love ToT :sick:)

Thoughts? With kids this age? DH thinks that we should stay at BC and VISIT WL for the lights and since were DVC we can pool-hop also over to BW as well...but these boards have not steered me wrong and ya'll seem to LLLOVE WL!

We have a few days before our 7 mo window, but I'd love feedback! Thanks in advance!

scootch713
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Have not stayed at Beach club... but will tell you my girls were 5 and just turned 8 last trip at WL and the LOVED the pool... ok Loved is not quite the word for it.. it ROCKED. They loved the slide and the lifeguards do games every afternoon.... it was a huge hit. Needless to say we are staying there again this year.... and the first day I suggested going to MK as our filght will get in a bit earlier.. and they just want to play at the pool and then go to chef mickeys for dinner that night. The pool slide there is really fun, even mommy enjoyed it. :D

NJGIRL
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I have never stayed at the Beach Club so I can't compare but we loved the Wilderness Lodge when we stayed there. They had a nice pool and the atmosphere there was different than other hotels (very laid back). It was very very nice and I would stay there again.

Kairi_7378
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, I don't think you can go wrong with either resort. I think for us it would come down to theming. Stormalong Bay is supposed to be a great pool. WL has a lot of character. BC has a great location. WL has the boat to the MK, which I thought was a fun feature (although not great in the rain!) If you stay at BC, you can always eat at Artist Point or Whispering Canyon Cafe to visit and soak up the atmosphere.

hlkeck
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
As of right now, we're thinking of just borrowing points and staying 2 nights at both! :thumbsup:

They both sound so awesome and it would be nice to have an idea of which we like better.

Thanks for your help!