PDA

View Full Version : Unbearable drinks

letsdoitagain
04-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Is it just me or are all of the fountain drinks (soda, etc) just plain nasty because of the nasty water they use to make them? I just can't get around that gross chemical taste in the water. :ack:

conwayjohn71
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
no it is not you...........................

they are bad, it is the water they use the for the ice

Gator
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I typically order Pink Lemonade instead of soda (because it hydrates better than caffeine loaded drinks), and it always tastes fine. I guess the sulfur in the water goes well with lemons :)

#1donaldfan
04-29-2008, 12:29 PM
not really, the only unbearable drink I've had is Beverly at Club Cool....:thedolls:

Sunshine1010
04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
How funny....I thought it was just me.

You'll get people that say the water is fine, and you'll get people that say the water is nasty.

.....could be a way that they process it, or sulfur, or whatever.

It all depends on where your from, and what you are used to. ...in regards of what is 'good'.

Personally,...yes, the drinks taste 'different' than the fountain cokes in my state.

Syrup
ice
cup
carbonated water

Surely the syrup is the same, but who knows. The cups wouldn't give it a taste like that. So, the only things it could be would be the carbonated water and/or ice.

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I never noticed a bad taste in any of the drinks at WDW. Not even a little.

*NikkiJ*
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
I never use ice when I get drinks anywhere, so hopefully I wont have this problem...I remember watching a dateline or 20/20 report (one of those shows) and it said that the ice cubes (and their melted water) is full of bacteria:ack: Appparently it is something about the filter/dispenser used to make the ice that causes the problem...But let me tell you since that day I have not had ice in my drink when I go out to eat; the thought makes my skin crawl

busterthebronco
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
its you.;)

MicMouse
04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Nope - never noticed the drinks tasting funny. I do notice that I miss having a Pepsi! :thumbsup:

Taja
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I drink bottled water most of the time--and do use ice cubes. Haven't noticed anything particularly bad. But tap water at home is nothing to brag about! *LOL*

My other beverage of choice--if available--is fountain root beer. Doesn't taste any different to me, either. But I only drink it two or three times during a WDW visit.

TheRustyScupper
04-29-2008, 02:58 PM
1) I think the "bad taste" perception is just perception.
2) All ice and soda water is filtered.
3) There is no "Florida taste" left in the water.

Seasonscraps
04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
It's funny, I actually prefer the taste of fountain soda to bottled soda at WDW. For some reason the 20oz bottles taste old & flat. There is a different taste to the fountain soda but it's not as bad to me.

letsdoitagain
04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Its not just florida...Georgia (around Savannah) has the same problem. I think its just because I am used to the water here in Pennsylvania. Although, I can't say I've even been anywhere else in the USA where the water was so unbearable that it spoiled the drinks. I'll just stick to bottled water when I go there from now on.:mickey:

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I have noticed the water does have a funny taste but, haven't noticed the fountain drinks tasting weird. Wait take that back only at San Angel Mexico restaurant it tasted awful but, so did the food. We usually drink bottled water or soda.

Gottaluvgoof
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess I never noticed. All I know is, I get so thirsty walking around the parks, I don't care what it is, as long as it's wet and cold! :D

Gator
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Nope - never noticed the drinks tasting funny. I do notice that I miss having a Pepsi! :thumbsup:

How can you miss Pepsi when you get to drink "The Real Thing".

tinkerbell04
04-30-2008, 04:47 PM
It's funny, I actually prefer the taste of fountain soda to bottled soda at WDW. For some reason the 20oz bottles taste old & flat. There is a different taste to the fountain soda but it's not as bad to me.Same here!

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 08:31 PM
For some reason I didnt like the Coke at San Angel Inn...We were told that it is the same Coke as everywhere else but it didnt taste like it...:ack:

dizknee531
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Same here!Love the fountain soda, it's definitely more sparkly.:thumbsup:

mjstaceyuofm
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Fountain drinks always seem hit or miss to me depending on where you are. That's why I'll stink with bottled water or gatorade (or is it powerade in WDW?) during the day and an adult beverage at night.

Ayndi
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
For some reason I didnt like the Coke at San Angel Inn...We were told that it is the same Coke as everywhere else but it didnt taste like it...:ack:

I agree, definitely something wrong with it. I thought maybe it had lime in it?

nyobabe2
05-01-2008, 01:22 PM
There must be a lack of tastebuds with the people who said they tasted no difference. There is a distinct taste in the water that is why I ship down a box of my own goodies to the hotel a week before I get there. Sodas, case of water, cereal for the kids, oatmeal, snacks. It is so worth it. Even on the dining plan!! Hopefully you have a fridge in the room to keep in cold~

Mrs.Mickey
05-06-2008, 07:35 PM
The sodas at Disney are funky I think its the ice. And I hope Im not the only one but I don't like showering at Disney either because of the funky water, I wonder what the chemicals will do to my hair (I dye it and sometimes chemicals can give it a funky color)

PetefromRI
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I've never noticed this until I was at the POP in January and the soda had a really stinky taste to it.I thought that maybe the dispenser in the foodcourt needed a cleaning so I avoided it the rest of the trip.I've never had that problem before then.

Belle_0717
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
I've noticed the water but have not had a problem with fountain soda that I can remember. I agree about the bottled soda - it seems very flat and if I have a choice, I get the bottled light lemonade. DH did have a problem with Diet Coke at AKL last time so he drank Coke Zero and I drank Diet Sierra Mist. I LOVE the Iced Tea at SSR!:mickey:

crltkcagle
05-08-2008, 10:16 PM
not really, the only unbearable drink I've had is Beverly at Club Cool....:thedolls:

I second that one! LOL

beachbaby
05-15-2008, 11:08 AM
We stayed at All Star Sports in October and I didn't think the soft drinks tasted funny at all but my oldest son did.

MNMS
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I've notice that the soda (specifically Coke) at POFQ hasn't tasted right occassionally. It's not bad and I don't think it is the water. I just think that the soda fountain doesn't mix the right amount of syrup with carbonated water (or whatever it is).

bruin1344
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
i notice it if i drink florida tap water or the water fountains at the parks, only minimal in the fountain drinks

letsdoitagain
05-16-2008, 06:48 AM
And I hope Im not the only one but I don't like showering at Disney either because of the funky water

I agree 100% with that as well...

TheMartellFamily
05-16-2008, 08:34 AM
For me if the water stinks I am not going to drink it. I turn on the water and can smell it so therefore I buy my water.

iDisney
05-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I definitely know that Florida has funny water, but I have never noticed it affecting the fountain drinks.

I agree with the Beverly being the only unbearable drink I have had in all of WDW.

thejens
05-16-2008, 11:00 PM
the only thing that bothers me is the fake iced tea and the instant coffee. Bleah!

BMan62
05-17-2008, 06:39 PM
What bothers me is that nobody has Diet Coke Slushies!!!:mad: